New Golf R

alex_e3

Is it me or are Golf R's becoming a bit common?!

I spotted 3 on the way to work this morning. All different ones!!

Lucky you, probably a bit like London buses! "Quotation"

Ironically, I posted on here recently, about the rarity within about 25 mile radius ,had only seen one in my six months of ownership.

However, saw my 2nd today ,8 miles away ,in white 5dr with 19 " ALLOYS looked good.

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

I'm seeing a lot of high performance hatches these days. They seem to have made a comeback :)

Much fun at relative cheapness!

The cars are quicker,  

but funnily anyplace i go that i went 20-30 years ago takes longer now on exactly the same roads, and i still get around 35 mpg.

Avoiding potholes is a bugger George!

However, very economical!

No problem with the backend stepping out in the R ,when avoiding

Edited by vrskeith

My alfasud 1.5Ti was 105bhp in 1988 and felt like a Saturn V after driving my Dad's marina. I think it managed the 60 sprint in under 10s as I recall. Anything doing it in under 8s back then was serious. I guess 4s is the new 8

My alfasud 1.5Ti was 105bhp in 1988 and felt like a Saturn V after driving my Dad's marina. I think it managed the 60 sprint in under 10s as I recall. Anything doing it in under 8s back then was serious. I guess 4s is the new 8

My 130TC Abarth was recorded (by CAR I think) at 0-60 in............7.9!!!! Wow, that was quick :D

• Like 2

My 130TC Abarth was recorded (by CAR I think) at 0-60 in............7.9!!!! Wow, that was quick :D

I lusted after one of those, but I was a poor student just starting out in the big world of employment and having to get up before midday....some years later I ended up with an MG Maestro EFi. Wrong turn somewhere.

Those were the days!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKQIUJOr1GA

She was cracking , I bought one of the very 1st GTI MK1 in the UK ,ORIGINAL 4 SPEED BOX, if I recall correctly - Paula Hamilton was pretty got then as well!

Age and life catches up with most of us!

However, this last 6 month I've felt like a 25 year old but just can't find one, to keep up with me. Well, I do have the R and my missus's Fabia vRS MK2 -Oh! and the missus.

Edited by vrskeith

I lusted after one of those, but I was a poor student just starting out in the big world of employment and having to get up before midday....some years later I ended up with an MG Maestro EFi. Wrong turn somewhere.

The car had it's tailgate replace before it was even 3 years old as it had rusted through :D It was very badly built, but I loved it :)

• Like 1

That fiat twin cam was one of the greats. Up there with the alfa flat 4

I had a Lancia Beta Coupe with that engine as well :) Mind you, I think the Alfa twin cam edged it for noise and the Alfasud engine sounded brilliant. I always fancied a  Sprint Veloce 1.7, it sounded lovely and looked beautiful. Can't imagine there are many that haven't already turned to rust by now :(

Beta coupe volumex was the one to have. I'm sure top gear did a 1/4 mile shootout between the standard and the forced one.

Mine was an earlier carburettor version. I like carburettors.  They make a nice noise      :) The zoopercharger wasn't much quicker, although my engine was a little modified :) :)

I have seen a Mk7 Golf R that had a GTD badge on the Rear.

You never never know if you have someone that has changed only badges,

or built a car as a Hybrid because there is likely to be someone building or already built a Golf GTD R.

Maybe one coming in the future.

You get a Diesel Octavia Scout, a Yeti 4x4, and AWD Passats,  so its not that difficult or far fetched really.

http://www.gas2.org/2014/10/14/volkswagen-considering-golf-gtd-r

*Golf 2.0 TDI R-Line.*

VW do not half confuse with their various GT Blue, Blumotion, GTI, GTD, r Style, R- Line, WRC-R, WRC etc

Edited by goneoffSKi