I didn't know it could do that!

I have only got the base model 'Ambition' with Swing Radio but I like that you can choose to sync the adjustment of the wing mirrors.

When synchronized  and set to adjust the right mirror then both mirrors  move but when the left mirror is set then only the left mirror moves.

On my VRS I knew you could press the button to turn off the stability control, but what I just found out was that if you hold it down it will first go to ESC deactivated, then it will go to ESC sport mode. Previously I had to go in the Car settings on the stereo to get to ESC sport mode, so that's cool!

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I didn't know that each time you pressed the vrs mode button it cycles through the modes without having to select it from the infotainment screen. With dsg box you can tell the mode without taking your eyes off the road because the gear selection indicator on the maxidot changes from E to S To D as you press the button. I assume it works on non vrs cars with mode buttons

• Like 2

I didnt know you could turn lane assist on and off from the steering wheel. Push the right hand rotary wheel as if was a button, then scroll it up or down to check the box, then push it again to confirm your selection

• Like 2

I didnt know you could turn lane assist on and off from the steering wheel.

But you can't enable / disable Adaptive Lane Assist that way, which is a shame - I'm used to it now so tend to leave LA on all the time, but I'd like to be able to easily enable Adaptive LA on the motorway as that's the only time it is vaguely useful.

Pressing the Nav button whilst in Nav in Columbus being's up additional info

It just toggles the dual-screen mode - so it brings up whatever you've set it to... be that the music that's playing, a compass, list of directions (there are various options).

The lane info always shows on the main screen when you're approaching a junction.

The fact that it goes into phone mode and stays there even when you've hung up (so you've manually got to go back to the media screen) is pretty much the only niggle I have with the whole car. Which says quite a lot about the car, I suppose.

First world problems eh? A few years ago I never thought I'd be complaining about how my car talks to my phone.

Anyone tried to submit the bug to Skoda?

I didn't know that each time you pressed the vrs mode button it cycles through the modes without having to select it from the infotainment screen. With dsg box you can tell the mode without taking your eyes off the road because the gear selection indicator on the maxidot changes from E to S To D as you press the button. I assume it works on non vrs cars with mode buttons

Nope, on non vRS, you still have to press mode then use the touch screen to change modes, thats on manual gear box, might be different on DSG?

Nope, on non vRS, you still have to press mode then use the touch screen to change modes, thats on manual gear box, might be different on DSG?

Not on my new one Matt, but on the previous one it was the same as you state.

So it has been tweaked between MY13 and MY15.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I discovered, whilst being a passenger (wife was driving), that the centre arm rest slides forwards and backwards. Now I drive with it in the fully forward position - so much more comfortable!

So much more comfortable but the handbrake doesn't go up fully without denting it on the now forward armrest, or at least it doesn't for me. Seemed to be mixed reviews on here a while back whereby some peoples handbrakes went higher than others.

So much more comfortable but the handbrake doesn't go up fully without denting it on the now forward armrest, or at least it doesn't for me. Seemed to be mixed reviews on here a while back whereby some peoples handbrakes went higher than others.

The lift mechanism also has a lock, if you lift the arm rest partially it locks at different heights. All be it slightly angled for extra comfort

My first night drive I was disappointed with the headlights as I could barely see the road. When waiting for my wife to leave her sister's place, I tried to adjust the instrument brightness, only to be startled as the headlight beams were rising on the side of her house. I thought I was rolling backwards, turned out I was just raising the beam.

My wife hates that the MFD keeps telling her to change gear.

If you mean a message in text form filling the display and not the little number with an arrow in the top right corner then you can turn that off - you can choose what information is displayed in the MFD. Scroll to "Eco tips" and turn it off.

If you mean a message in text form filling the display and not the little number with an arrow in the top right corner then you can turn that off - you can choose what information is displayed in the MFD. Scroll to "Eco tips" and turn it off.

I was talking about the Eco Tips and I don't plan on turning it off because I think it's funny :)

Had the car for 2 months and just recently found out that on the DSG in Eco mode the drive train disengages when you lift off the throttle.  Then if you just touch the brakes it engages again and the revs go up.  While going down hill after you have braked it is in gear, then if you want to coast then just touch the throttle again. Simply clever and a good way of saving fuel.

• Like 1

So do I, not because I'm being told what to do, but because the gear suggestion is often ill-advised. The Golf 2.0 TDI manual 140bhp at work tells me to switch to 6th gear at 60kmh, the whole cabin then starts to vibrate like hell as I'm getting just about 1000rpm. And as I can see what lies ahead I can judge far more accurately what gear I should have depending on what's happening ahead. A blind: "which speed, this gear" based system is stupid.

At least the DSG in my Scirocco is intelligent enough that if it goes to 6th, notices that it doesn't work properly it just goes back to 5th. The gear suggestion in the Golf on the other hand is then so stubborn that even when there is clearly not enough rpm, it won't accept the error of it's judgment and persist in telling me to use 6th when I go back to 5th.

I'll just have put a sticker on the maxi-dot where the gear suggestion will appear :D

I'm not fully sure how it works in the Octavia, it doesn't seem 100% dependent on speed - engine temp, electrical load and rate of acceleration seems to change the advice (I think I've noticed this). Still not perfect though. 

You can also store roof rails under there, but also, the VBF will fold down flat to give extra height in the boot.

Can you elaborate on this one please? Have read through all of these and this is the only one I'm confused about! Cheers

Great list, keep em coming.

Only one I can think of that's not covered is the reversing side mirror - you can set a separate passenger side mirror position for reversing only which happens automatically in reverse and then go back to normal on switch off of 1st and drive off. Handy for some tricky spots, like my underground car park spot at home