I Didn't Know The Yeti Did This....!

aerofurb

16 hours ago, EP90 said:

Thanks for the responses, Hmm bit of a mystery then.  I bought it from a dealer at 6 months old, it was a demonstrator so they’ll know the history.
There is certainly no switch and I can’t see any terminals for cables (guess they’d be behind the pillars anyway) If it is feasable it sounds complicated and expensive.  

Just looked at rarrar’s photo and his elements are vertical and wavy, my elements are just visible if the screen is misty but run horizontally approx. 2” spacing.  Have I got it totally wrong and making a fool of myself?  

That certainly doesn't sound like a heated screen to me. The wires go vertically on those, they are wavy as you said and are much closer spaced to each other than a whole 2".  That is even further apart than what they are on a rear screen, where they are less than an inch apart, if that! 

Perhaps a manufacturing fault in the laminated safety screen?

If you can only just see them I would just ignore them. I quickly learnt to ignore the wires in my true heated screen. They are only really visible with a bright low sun causing some colours to generate along the wires like a slight rainbow effect

Urrell,  Front windscreen.

SAD555, naughty!

Skoda1982.  Different layout than photo, but definitely no windscreen button, but do have rear window heater button.  Like the nail !!

900000,  maybe as kenfowler suggests.

Kenfowler3966, could be you’re right.  The elements are invisible except in certain light condition so easily ignored.

Again thanks for your input.  I'll be calling into my dealer when I'm passing for clarification. If I find an answer I’ll post back. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Only as I get the Ytei bits together for sale do I discover that the "bleeps" that happen when you open and close the doors are linked to the remote fob that you're using.

2 hours ago, Gyp said:

Only as I get the Ytei bits together for sale do I discover that the "bleeps" that happen when you open and close the doors are linked to the remote fob that you're using.

Indeed. As are the reversing sensor beeps’ tone and volume.

Apologies for late update on my windscreen potential for being heated, I forgot.
Dealer had the car as a demonstrator before sale to me and confirmed no replacement screen fitted.  Managed to mist the windscreen and just made out the horizontal “lines” i thought were elements and as Kenfowler3966 suggested it is from the lamination process.

• 10 months later...

I’m now on my third Yeti and have only just discovered that when you fold the rear seats forward, the slot around the lock release bar Has slots to put the headrests in.

Very neat and tidy Mr Skoda.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, CFB said:

I’m now on my third Yeti and have only just discovered that when you fold the rear seats forward, the slot around the lock release bar Has slots to put the headrests in.

Very neat and tidy Mr Skoda.

Can't work out where you mean. 
Can you photo?

17 minutes ago, kenfowler3966 said:

Well I never, nearly 10 years of Yeti ownership and I kept pulling the headrest out and leaving under a front seat when folding middle seat. I never saw that in the handbook.

You and a good many others I would think, Ken - myself included.

I wonder if my Roomster Scout had the same facility? 

On second thoughts, I think the middle seat folded with the headrest in place.

34 minutes ago, Urrell said:

Only for the middle seat as the outers will fold up with headrest still attached.

Middle Seat.jpg

Thats the kiddie. 

1 hour ago, kenfowler3966 said:

Well I never, nearly 10 years of Yeti ownership and I kept pulling the headrest out and leaving under a front seat when folding middle seat. I never saw that in the handbook.

Ditto, Ken. Exactly what I have done.

Me to under the front seat. Though I hate to admit reading the manual, it doesn't say owt about putting it there.

Here's a random thing I've noticed.

During a DPF regen, when I'm stationary, and the idle speed is increased due to the regen.....if it's in neutral, foot off clutch, and I quickly blip the throttle to the floor (has to be all the way down) and back, the idle speed drops to normal.

It still carries on doing post-injection of fuel to aid the regen process (based on data from the VAG DPF app) but the idle speed is reduced to normal.

Until you move off and stop again and it's back to the higher idle speed.

Not suggesting there's anything beneficial - just something I've noticed!

On the 'central headrest placement when seat folded' observation, I've never understood why it's not in the manual when they've gone to the trouble of designing that way!

Only clue is if you look closely at the graphic on the back of the central seat as you flip it up...

IMG_20190318_081231.jpg

In picture 1 it's telling you to remove the headrest from its normal position, and stow it in the area marked in red...

Pretty easy to miss!

Edited by Wardy
Extra info

1 hour ago, Wardy said:

On the 'central headrest placement when seat folded' observation, I've never understood why it's not in the manual when they've gone to the trouble of designing that way!

Only clue is if you look closely at the graphic on the back of the central seat as you flip it up...

IMG_20190318_081231.jpg

In picture 1 it's telling you to remove the headrest from its normal position, and stow it in the area marked in red...

Pretty easy to miss!

OK, I'm looking at the pic ... still dont see it!

Remove headrest

Fold seat to position one

Fold seat to position two (using release bar marked in red)

Attach bungee strap/hook to headrest of seat in front ....

Where does the pic show "stow the headrest in the previously discussed location?"

Edited by TruckbusUK
extra bit for clarity

I agree.  The red area in picture one is showing you the lever you have to operate in order to raise the back to its normal position.  Picture 2 shows no headrest in any location.

Fair enough.

All I can say is I could see where to put the headrest for stowage. And that was in 2014.

But as said, it needs to be clearer and spelt out in the manual....

Edited by Wardy

21 hours ago, Wardy said:

IMG_20190318_081231.jpg

Pretty easy to miss!

I cannot see that, what I can see is in picture 1 remove headrest and lift lever to fold seat. picture 2 lift seat release lever and remove bungee to clip to front headrest.