Damo's Superb : Project Ginormica (aka Susan)

Damo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, could you possibly show me a picture of a tube of this substance, please. I've found the one for metal, but not this....

Try autosol for plastic chrome on the window surrounds and grilles -

Best regards

Neil

My parcel from Superskoda has arrived  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

20140703_181736_zpsec0ef489.jpg

Must say, pretty good going as I only ordered it 5 and a half days ago!

Was tracking it, it went Prague - Brussels - Gatwick - East Midlands - Leeds -  Sheffield

Great service

Pics to follow soon  :thumbup:

Planning on doing my badges and wheel centres tomorrow but just realised i need to double check my centre caps as i've got the ones ending in ULM rather than FOD....... Can't seem to find anything saying what the difference is. The parts guy did say there was a couple of variations of that part number and that he thought these were the right ones.

Maybe a trip back to swap them if they have any in stock tomorrow morning.  :notme:

Cheers

Dave.

Have to put changing my badges and centre caps on mine off till another day..... Just spoke to Dealers and they don't have the wheel caps ending FOD so are ordering them in. They have no idea what the difference is between the ones ending FOD and the one's i have ending ULM. All the things i can find online about the ULM ones seem to suggest they are really hard to get to fit.... (People having to heat them up in boiling water etc). Are the FOD ones also a bugger to fit??? Maybe a slight difference in size or design????

Cheers

Dave.

Scrap my previous post.... I thought I'd have a go anyway and took one if the old ones off and then tried one of these new centre caps and they go on fine!!!!!

So it begs the question of why have so many people previously had problems getting them to fit.... And why are there two part numbers for the same part?!?!?!

Oh well on to the main front and rear badges now. :)

Cheers

Dave.

Do you know the diameter of the centre caps?  There are lots of "after market" (read: "cheap") ones on ebay.  I fancy getting some plain badge-less ones for a bit.

I've just measured one of the old ones i've just taken off and they measure 57mm across the front of the centre cap and 54mm accross the inside / back where it fits into the centre of the wheel itself.

Cheers

Dave.

• Like 1