Damo's Superb : Project Ginormica (aka Susan)

Damo

I used a very thin butter knife with a bit of masking tape

Didnt damage the wheels or caps one bit Martin

Obviously removing the wheel is the best bet if your not as deft as me, and copper slip is a good idea whilst its off :thumbup:

• Like 1

Mate, how did you remove the old wheel centre caps? Did you prise them out, or drill a hole and pull them out with a paper clip or something?

Jake my technique was slightly different to Damo's...

I put some masking tape around the edge of the centre cap on the wheel itself.... Then used a small electrical screwdriver to prise up the metal cover of the centre cap. Then used long nose pliers to then grip the plastic centre cap under the metal cover and pulled them off.

Obviously this only works if you are chucking the old caps away like i was. ;)

Cheers

Dave.

• Like 1

I'll let you know Leon, as Ive only been on good roads upto now.

I'll post some pics soon, as its having the full ChrisRs detailing treatment tomorrow :)

• Like 1

Ahhhh wish I had days off to play with cars! Working until next Tuesday straight so no treating, detailing or admiring until then for the Superb!

Quick pic of her, now she has settled down a bit more after the lowering.

20140718_185137_zps533b3ddb.jpg

I think the back will drop a touch more (hopefully) as it hasn't had a heavy engine to push it down like the front ones have

Still a bit concerned over how low the splitter makes the front end, bit worried about speed bumps etc, so might have to get the dremmel out at some stage if need be.

Regarding the ride, it is definitely a touch harder, but nowhere near as bad as I had feared. The Superb is such a big car that bumps get soaked up anyway.

Better into corners now, should you feel like turning in sharply. Overall, very impressed with the H&R's :)

The eagle eyed amongst you, may have spotted that I have now applied the brake decals, to finish off what has been a thoroughly satisfying (if somewhat tedious) task of smartening up the callipers.

Really happy with how they've turned out, and the car as a whole is starting to come together with how I want it.

Close up of the front callipers 

20140718_184939_zps99b7ed5a.jpg

And the rears 

20140718_185053_zpsdbe6b7af.jpg

You must excuse the already dirty car, after this mornings sandy rain

@ Leon, I will pop some more better pics of the new ride height when I get chance 

Thanks for looking

Damo

• Like 4

Thanks Damo, 

Looks like it's worth doing, I love the Skoda decals on the callipers! You've made good progress. :)

Is the interior is still quiet and tight then, with no extra noises or anything?  

• Like 1

Thanks Damo, 

Looks like it's worth doing, I love the Skoda decals on the callipers! You've made good progress. :)

Is the interior is still quiet and tight then, with no extra noises or anything?  

Early days Leon, but I can't see it being any different to before the lowering tbh

Its not that much of a harsher ride, so any noises that will develop, will come anyway regardless.

Really really impressed with the H&R's though, much better handling and the car just looks much nicer at this height

Cheers

• Like 1

Cheers Rob

Just did a search for brake calliper stickers on eBay

Loads popped up, but these were the ones I went for > http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-BRAKE-CALIPER-STICKERS-JDM-WRX-STI-IMPREZA-TOYOTA-AUDI-DISC-CALIPER-DECALS-/271153166723?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item3f21fcf983

as they were the cheapest, and if you bought 2 sets, you get another free in case you mess up the application :D

Just made sure the calliper was clean from any grease/brake dust and stuck them on, no special stuff required

They do finish off the look I think

There are some on eBay for £7.99, that are curved rather than flat, so would suit the shape of the front calliper better, and in an ideal world you would use them on the fronts and these straight ones on the back... But the ones I got look fine tbh

Cheers

Cheers Rob

Just did a search for brake calliper stickers on eBay

Loads popped up, but these were the ones I went for > http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-BRAKE-CALIPER-STICKERS-JDM-WRX-STI-IMPREZA-TOYOTA-AUDI-DISC-CALIPER-DECALS-/271153166723?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item3f21fcf983

as they were the cheapest, and if you bought 2 sets, you get another free in case you mess up the application :D

Just made sure the calliper was clean from any grease/brake dust and stuck them on, no special stuff required

They do finish off the look I think

There are some on eBay for £7.99, that are curved rather than flat, so would suit the shape of the front calliper better, and in an ideal world you would use them on the fronts and these straight ones on the back... But the ones I got look fine tbh

Cheers

Fab - cheers matey!

oooh i wonder what these are looking forward to seeing these in the flesh. are the tyres rainsport 3`s

Yes mate, Rainsport 3's in 235/35/19's

• Like 1