I had to order new brake discs

Emil

Emil,  

were the pads worn out replaced then worn out again, before the discs are requiring replacing.

Or what is the story on the pads?

(where Discs wear quicker than Pads on a City Car, the Manufacturer is needing to look at their Part Choice & Suppliers,

especially the Global Manfacturing Group trying to be the worlds biggest.)

How was your winter and salting of roads,

and do your discs get surface corrosion overnight?

Can you get an actual measurement of the disc thickness as they are now ?

From a Google, 

New they are 22.0 mm. thick Minimum thickness 19.0 mm

Pads are from the factory line. Car is driven only 15 000 km at the moment. Pads and discs aren't worn much, if at all.

I'm hoping that dealer change pads and discs in couple of weeks. Let see who pays.

Yes we have salt on our roads at winter. I don't think that salt can cause warped discs. Surface rust yes, if it was raining, but nothing more. Brakes looks normal.

No rust does not cause warping. But have they been checked to see they are warped? You never said. Common warping but not common generally. Is cooked brakes, then Ford a stream. But then you know. Just like braked cooked and then sat with foot hard on pedal. But that used to be pre vented discs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

At last the brake problem is sorted... only been going on since June!

Finally, last week after countless calls to Skoda UK I managed to get the brake discs replaced.  Despite being previously told the unbalanced brakes 'would pass an MOT' on starting to replace the discs they found that the brake calipers were leaking and as it was a 'safety issue' they were replaced too.

My husband asked whether the damage to the calipers was caused by the warped discs and was told yes.  Makes me wonder what would have happened if we had just not bothered to chase the 'not covered under warranty' palaver.

I'm wondering now if Skoda will change the warranty wording...?

• 8 months later...

My daughter has exactly the same issue. What appears to be warped discs.

Nearly 3 years old and 25k.

What are the chances of getting ours replaced under warranty?

Not high, I suspect.

• 1 month later...

Warped discs seems to be a characteristic.

We have two Citigos. 2013 model had juddering brakes, discs replaced under warranty. "New" discs are warped again. 29000km and 2 years.

Our 2015 Citigo is juddering as well. Driven just over 5000km, we received the car in february.

Three brake discs which judder. Dealer told me it is not common issue.

I'm not depressed. I will change the discs and pads some day. I would not buy discs from dealer, that's for sure. :D

**** discs supplied as standard then... or else everybody uses the 'go alot harder than the design team ever expected..

havnt had any problems with swmbo's brakes 2013 at 17000km/11000miles :)

Or then average Citigo owner doesn't know how warped discs behaves. My girlfriend never complaint warped discs, maybe she just doesn't notice it. But I do.

I know warped discs... and i drive swmbos citigo enough that id notice. . And tbf if something changed and felt different swmbo would notice too.

Discs may not be warped, but friction is uneven. It's not like Ford Sierra was, but still a bit annoying.

This can often be remedied by a number of heavy high speed braking events.

This topic concerns me. I seem to be light on brakes since a Corsa went for 45,00 miles without needing either pads or discs, & Hyundai Amica for around 25,000 similarly. If the Citigo brakes have problems I reckon it must be down to the car, Surely if the brakes are giving problems which require odd driving to cure/prevent there is something wrong which Skoda should acknowledge & correct without argument? Dennis. (Elegance auto 75, 2014, 3500m)

I think there are issues with the discs, no special driving techniques needed, but my first set where showing signs on warping at 3000 miles and got progressively worse until I swapped them for APEC ones at 28,000 miles.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had to change brake discs and pads on my wife's car (Seat Mii)... There ware discs tear and wear... :thumbdown: I think it is quality issue...

Just under 16 000 miles

Has been changed for Bosch discs and Brembo pads...

Edited by 67igor1