Selling Octy Vrs for a Fiesta ST2 ? - am i mad?

I am not saying its not a nice car, I love the MX5, but that too is a hairdressers car IMHO. I look at cars such as Fiesta ST's, Puma's, MX5's, Clios, Fiat 500's, etc etc and then i look at the people I know who own them. All of them are gay or very camp men, female teachers, female hairdressers, young girls, old ladies, and so on. See the trend.

Even my dad who had a Fiesta ST for less than a month before saying yep i remember why i dislike small cars, and non VAG cars and returned to the fold.

This is going off topic and i know i have touched a few nerves, but now I will touch more...

Other cars I wont own... Saab convertible, Audi convertible, Merc convertible, actually any convertible unless its a supercar as these also put you firmly into the bracket of questionable direction if you are a guy. I know one chap who bought a Fiesta and a MR2 convertible with redundancy and we all took the **** and pointed out a 45 year old guy should be driving something more manly, to which he replied well actually guys, you have all worked with me for 15 years and i have kept it a secret!

But at the end of the day its each to their own, and as Rowan Atkinson pointed out, you think you look cool driving a car till you see your reflection in a shop window and realise you dont.

And I suppose driving a diesel vRS makes you more of a man? I think you're protesting a little too much!!!!

Edited by damo
Quote edited
  • Like 2

Hope you enjoy the test drive & if it suits then go for it.

One thing to note - My son had a festa & has recently traded for focus,  he griped that the turning circle was worse than my Octy vRS.

So just be aware that where once you may have been able to turn with out using forward & reverse gears it may not be the case with the festa.

Hahahah love threads like this!

Fiesta is awesome mate, had a few at work for development purposes and ford are on a winner with these. I'm sure you will but if you like it buy it (lease it whatever lol)

I've not seen any chavs in St2's, plenty in Octavia's though :-p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

test drive booked at the dealers on Saturday,

will report back

had a sit in one today, felt nice, seats wrap you up, lots of nice toys

shame they dont come with Xenons (not even as an option :( ) hey ho, not the end of the world!

• Like 1

Excellent. I'm waiting for my Mrs to heal after having our little one whipped out the sunroof. Once she's fit to drive we are off to go and test drive everything on our list.

Be interested to hear how you get on.

• Like 1

i told the dealer that i am looking at test driving 2 more other cars to try stop him forcing a sale out of me lol that is the 208 Gti and the new Clio sport, :D

i dont like being put on the spot!

will report back mate, im trying to convince the wife that 2 doors is a good idea lol

Not my sort of car, not a big fan of Fords full stop. Has to be said Ive never driven a Ford in recent years (had a few as hire cars) that hasnt been v good to drive; imagine an ST with the Montune pack is probably the best and best value hot hatch available.....and yes even a standard 180ps ST would pee on a vRS diesel, I found my Blackline woefully lacking in the grunt dept, never felt like a 170hp car.....affirmed when I got my 150ps Mk3 Octavia to find its as quick if not quicker than the vRS was.

Edited by pipsyp
  • Like 1

The blue is definitely better...Is it just the photo are are those gold/bronze wheels also?

if you opt for the style pack they come grey with red brakes, otherwise standard are silver wheels and normal brake colour

having a race blue vrs i was tempted by the white just to have something different

ive read stone chips show up more on blue than the white aswell

i guess i need to see both in person before i decide!

just waiting for the settlement letter to come in the post then need to start thinking to sell the vrs first

if you opt for the style pack they come grey with red brakes, otherwise standard are silver wheels and normal brake colour

I'd take grey wheels and red brakes all day long personally...How much extra is it though?

I had a fiesta st-1 for 6 years and only got rid of it there in January for a remapped vrs

the fiesta is a much better car to thrash, its down on power compared to my remapped vrs but its lighter, smaller and a much nicer engine to thrash.

It handles much better and stops far better but then again it’s a much lighter car with a shorter wheel base. The turning circle is woeful however and I mean ****ing appalling.

The vrs has too much body roll for my liking the suspension and the brakes are really weak points of the car when pushed.

I do enjoy the torque the vrs has on tap but its not that quick to be honest, if I was going to pick a car for a lap of a track or a thrash it would be the fiesta every day. The Octavia is for motorways and long drives, it eats up the miles really well.

However! As others have said the fiesta does carry a stigma about it (im 26 and look like a total ned so it was the ideal car for picking up fanny and going to mcds in, saying that I must be one of the youngest/chaviest out there driving a vrs but I own my own home that isn’t in a council estate so maybe that’s why) the vrs is a bit more discreet.

That said the vrs does attract a certain driver, typically middle class, IT/insurance/accounting condescending type who think that their poor mans vw is some how cool because of that and because skodas are still understated. They also seem to think they are "quick" and think its ok to meet up in car parks to look at other skodas because its a "classy" fast hatchback. when in actual fact its a family car with meh suspension and brakes a semi decent engine. They are likely never ripping the arse out of it nor do they have the ability to but they can talk the talk.

but then there is the boot in the vrs, it’s like a batman’s cave you can fit a multitude of **** in it and still have room for the shopping. The fiestas is crap, so is the space in the back. Also you can’t tow with a fiesta st.

I needed a car to tow my track bikes with loads of room for wets and tools, that’s the only reason I bought the vrs. Ok it isn’t a bad car, it’s a bloody good “saloon” and the best in its class there is nothing out there that can carry as much as it does at the speed it does better. Except a Scooby which would bleed you dry with fuel costs. If you just need it for going to the shops and fun runs then go for the st you wont be disappointed they are great cars.

• Like 1

I had a fiesta st-1 for 6 years and only got rid of it there in January for a remapped vrs

the fiesta is a much better car to thrash, its down on power compared to my remapped vrs but its lighter, smaller and a much nicer engine to thrash.

It handles much better and stops far better but then again it’s a much lighter car with a shorter wheel base. The turning circle is woeful however and I mean ******* appalling.

The vrs has too much body roll for my liking the suspension and the brakes are really weak points of the car when pushed.

I do enjoy the torque the vrs has on tap but its not that quick to be honest, if I was going to pick a car for a lap of a track or a thrash it would be the fiesta every day. The Octavia is for motorways and long drives, it eats up the miles really well.

However! As others have said the fiesta does carry a stigma about it (im 26 and look like a total ned so it was the ideal car for picking up fanny and going to mcds in, saying that I must be one of the youngest/chaviest out there driving a vrs but I own my own home that isn’t in a council estate so maybe that’s why) the vrs is a bit more discreet.

That said the vrs does attract a certain driver, typically middle class, IT/insurance/accounting condescending type who think that their poor mans vw is some how cool because of that and because skodas are still understated. They also seem to think they are "quick" and think its ok to meet up in car parks to look at other skodas because its a "classy" fast hatchback. when in actual fact its a family car with meh suspension and brakes a semi decent engine. They are likely never ripping the arse out of it nor do they have the ability to but they can talk the talk.

but then there is the boot in the vrs, it’s like a batman’s cave you can fit a multitude of **** in it and still have room for the shopping. The fiestas is crap, so is the space in the back. Also you can’t tow with a fiesta st.

I needed a car to tow my track bikes with loads of room for wets and tools, that’s the only reason I bought the vrs. Ok it isn’t a bad car, it’s a bloody good “saloon” and the best in its class there is nothing out there that can carry as much as it does at the speed it does better. Except a Scooby which would bleed you dry with fuel costs. If you just need it for going to the shops and fun runs then go for the st you wont be disappointed they are great cars.

Did you just paint a picture of yourself , Octavia owner!

Octavia's are more outside bungalows in the sticks where old crumbles live. Like me, but I am 35...

Hahahahaha, I'm 33 and my Octavia is parked on the road outside my semi detached Bungalow.........out in the sticks.........

Hahaha

• Like 1