What made you buy a Fabia?

Learnt to drive in a fabia 1.9 tdi so always liked how they drove. At the time i didn't see too many around and due to my commuting to my job i took to the market to find a Vrs. I love my Fabia but i now see them bloody everywhere, inc a few everyday on the way to work, one of which is black like mine and has recently changed his badges etc so the bloody thing looks like mine!!!

Dave.

wanted a clio 197, parents said it was to powerful for me as a first car i then test drove one anyway and hated it,

went to the local skoda garage and saw my Vrs test drove it absoloutely loved, parents where happy as it wasnt as powerful as the clio (but now its getting remapped)

so i ended up buying it,

oh and i get 55 mpg and insurance was less than 700 at 19.

WIN WIN!

I had an ST2 Focus for 6 months and was sick of a very over rated car that only gave 18 to the gallon. Had more rattles and squeaks than my previous 182. 

The vRS had everything I wanted except a pretty interior and xenons, 

3 years later it's the longest i've held onto any car!

My old knackered corsa needed to go (I might have crashed it a few times). My dad has had Golfs for ages until he got a 1.9 TDi estate. So when I was looking for a new car he suggested a fabia so I had a drive in one and loved it. I got a black 1.4 16v elegance and now I've moved up to a vrs and don't plan on looking back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by JPCarlin

Was looking at these or a Pug 306 GTI. Couldn't afford one then out of no-where one came up for sale (Cheapest in the country at the time) almost 4 years old, 58k and FSH for £4.5k!! So I had to buy it, after a bit of haggling.

That was 5 years ago and its now on 107K and still going well.....despite being filled up with petrol and running it until it conked out :giggle:

Stevobevo & I have similar stories. I'd been out in a mates SE and loved it. Was skint but had a tidy Megane to flog, ended up with the cheapest, highest mile vrs in the country for sale, 5 years on and she's still going, 175k on her and a extra few horses :D also ran on petrol till she conked out lol

Edited by matt1chelski
  • Like 2

New job needing me to do 25k miles a year and I don't need anything bigger than a hatch back.

The car I go also came with factory fit xenons and heated seats so bonus.

I remember the Fabia coming out and that it used the new Polo platform before the new Polo did (first couple of cars I had were old Polo Mk2s), then read reviews of the vRS and thought it was super cool - never had the money for something new at the time though. Had a succession of Fords and various lemons, then we decided to go for something newer recently and found ourselves an Octavia Combi which has been great. For ages were were running just the one car but needed a second last year and thought I'd finally get myself a Fabia - not quite a vRS but picked up a 2.0 MPI pretty cheap and love it.

It was my first 'proper' car.

I wanted a Polo, but they were more expensive to buy, insure and were generally lower spec'd too. The Fabia was a cheap (in purchase cost, not in repairs!) way to get a decent spec'd car with a decent chunk of power.

It went due to its rubbish reliability, to be replaced with a Polo GTI, the car I'd initially wanted.

Edited by TriggerFish

My Mother bought one (1.9 tdi comfort) a year before me and we like it. So decided I have enough money to buy a vRS. I've had it for 8 years and have no reason to change it.

My dad bought one in late 2004 (54 plate) I couldn't afford one at that point so got an Ibiza Sport - same engine and chassis and kept it for 4 years modding it etc.

Sold it to buy a house and went through a few cars before finally owning a black mk1 vRS which is now owned by vrsrs.

Went through two more cars and now back in a mk1 vRS albeit an SE :)

I like a nice black vag.

Oh Meant to PM you for ages regarding this, but kept getting distracted, 

We have GRZ number plates in N.Ireland now. (We've had them for a while actually) 

http://www.readyreg.com/numberplates_regonline?captcha=immunist&page=4

Thats £250 on your car :p  4th one down, haha.

Shame its not 666 though 

Edited by Gobsheene

I crashed my seat ibiza 1.4tdi on black ice, having just got a new, better paid job, I decided I wanted something with a bit more pace but still handled like a go kart. I'd driven a Fabia VRS before and loved it so decided I needed my own..... Never looked back

I just bought a vRS SE and i went for it becuase of Fuel Style and build quality ive read so much about

(Old 2009 CTR owner) I love my new 2007 vRS SE :D just love the poke of the thing