Once a year wash too regular?

So it's a nice day, thinking I should wash the car after work as its getting to a year of ownership with nowt but rain to keep it clean. Not one for keeping a show car! Though I did think it looked nice when i got it and was all clean and shiny... Who here is a once a week detailer or a 'it was clean when I bought it...' kinda person?!

I might not wash mine regularly but when I do, I do it properly :D

I save my proper efforts for the customer, so often my own car is neglected a bit as a result.  It however has already had its spring full machine polish and wax so looks pretty decent after a good wash. :thumbup:

i dont bother washing from about October to April.... no point.

From now until October, about once a month, maybe twice if im going to a wedding or something and want her looking well.

Ive never actually waxed my car...

mostly due to the proliferation of small scratches / stone chips...

when its washed and clean, all i see is really shiny pock marks  :wonder:

Edited by mac11irl

THink mine were done sometime after Christmas and then maybe two or three months ago?

So it's a nice day, thinking I should wash the car after work as its getting to a year of ownership with nowt but rain to keep it clean. Not one for keeping a show car! Though I did think it looked nice when i got it and was all clean and shiny... Who here is a once a week detailer or a 'it was clean when I bought it...' kinda person?!

heretic_zpsd0cc86e3.jpg

• Like 1

Some of these posts are scuzz-tastic.

There's no excuse for a dirty car.

Can't agree more. To me, an unwashed car is an un-maintained car which leads me to assume the owner has a dirty house too... :p

And if it's kept clean regularly it's much less work to keep it that way than some people think :)

I'm a convert.

I was a once a year kinda guy. Since I sold my 10 plate vrs and bought a 13 year old fabia I've become a once weekly obsessive.

I realise this makes less than no sense.

I'd rather spend time having it running well than having it clean...as it happens I didn't end up washing it, instead messed with the filter set up! Still, there's always bank holiday.

I haven't had time to wash my car properly for at least 6 months and done 16000 miles in that time. It's at the point where I'm contemplating paying a detailer to do it properly for me so I have half a chance of keeping it good again. It would take me a good few days to get it back to how I like it.

Edited by MartynVRS

I haven't had time to wash my car properly for at least 6 months and done 16000 miles in that time. It's at the point where I'm contemplating paying a detailer to do it properly for me so I have half a chance of keeping it good again. It would take me a good few days to get it back to how I like it.

If you fancy a trip down Bristol way Martyn I'll give it a once over for free mate. 

If you'd have washed and waxed it regularly it would never have got so bad that it needs to take days to rectify

Good luck

It was washed and waxed regularly up until September last year. Got new job in November and over the last 2-3months I've had only a handful of days off so it's easier said than done.

The Roomster gets washed by the dealer when its annual service is done. It's Cappuccino and never looks dirty and due to a delivery cockup I don't like the colour, it should have been Mocha hence the lack of enthusiasm for polishing it. My new Yeti about to be collected is red, and that will require regular cleaning.

My Rover gets a 3 day clean and wax/seal with AG products in March, and then usually only needs the odd hose under the arches and body clean with fast detailer or Showroom Shine through the show season. It can be an obsession to some, but I have a life other than polishing and having who can pee highest completions on the most costly scene taxed products. Years ago I used to nick SWMBO household spray wax for my car but then she started to buy lavender scented to foil me!

Some of these posts are scuzz-tastic. 

There's no excuse for a dirty car.

There is -its called work, kids and moving house!

• Like 1

Don't wash it as often as i should, much rather keep on top of maintenance, much rather it starts, stops and goes well than look shiny, if i have time usually run it through the local scratch 'n' swirl :giggle:

I used to wash mine every friday after work using works heated pressure washer,

but since moving garages its not as easy anymore and both cars are getting abit neglected altho i have washed them a couple of times at home lately which feels really strange as its years since ive done that,