Center Silencer Removed :)

Then Skoda UK and VW UK are going to end up with a major problem.

If they think it is not Safety Critical, and do not do a Recall,

Because they 'Convinced VOSA it was not 'Safety Critical'

They are counting on Power Not being Lost through loss of Drive,

&

no Major Accidents or Fatalities in the UK due to their 'Silent Campaign'. / 'Service Campaign'.

If a Car is not Recalled,

or the Owner that has Not been Informed that 'Field Action' is required on the DSG,

& has a DSG Failure because no remedial action is taken,

Then they will be likely be replacing complete Gearboxes.

In New Zealand even a 'Service Campaign' appears to have Letters Sent Out to Owners/Keepers.

http://skoda.co.nz/news/dsg-service-campaign

It certainly has Skoda NZ putting stuff out to the Public on Websites,

Skoda UK can never update their Websites for new cars very well,

expecting Important Notices is maybe too much from them.

VORSRUNG DURCH TECHNIK

Just a quick 1 lads I no you are on about fabias but ive got a mk 1 octavia vrs and was wondering if any of you know if there is anything I can do to my standard exhaust to make it a bit more throaty??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I'm only talking from experience from my VRS and the 1.4tsi rather than the 1.2. But it made zero difference to the performance of my car. I wouldn't worry about it.

I was told that it cause problems with fuel consumption, and cause electrical problems as it will change the mixtures?

I don't know? I want to have it removed, just worried that I may have to have it put back on?

You may have to put it back on come MOT time,

The Tester decides if an exhaust makes a noise near to the Original that a car would have.

It is a personal judgement but if you are removing a Centre Box to sound louder and it does,

then you might just get a MOT tester fed up of noisy cars mucking about his area bugging him, so yours might be a fail.

But then that is for the future,

like a Police officer stopping you and issuing you a S.59 ticket 'Anti Social'  because in his / her opinion you are being too noisy.

Again talking from my experience; I got mine removed and then got my car MOT'd two weeks later at my local dealer. Car passed with flying colours!

It doesn't make a a real difference to sound on idle and even when booting it the car isn't as loud as some others with standard setups! A nice aggressive burble is best to describe it.

I'm not saying do it or don't. I'm just giving you my experience/knowledge of it.

:-)

For reference;

Idle sound

Revving

Edited by Ally_bassman

Ally, sounds really good! This is going to sound really strange but after hearing yours I am NOT going to get mine done. The performance wouldn't match the growl imo, I will leave it up to you Vrs boys and girls.....until I join the club!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mine will probably be louder then the VRs as I've just had a universal exhaust fitted? Meaning it will near enough be straight though, the CAT will be the only thing restricting the noise.

I guess there is only one way to find out!

• Like 1

I guess so, I'm just worried about having it done, after what people have said to me about the back pressures and everything. Making fuel worse etc

If you are worried then it's not worth the risk, enjoy your new back box and maybe look at induction kits / remaps instead? Both of these can adjust how you car sounds without taking a grinder/welder to it!

• Like 1

Will this pass an MOT?

Yes. And it has.

But as George eluded too, it's down to the testers ear and opinion.

It's not a silencer that is removed, it's just a resonator. So the overall volume is increased but not stupidly. The tone of the exhaust is charged more than anything.

• Like 1

Something new to add. Iv been looking on the net at these exhaust control valves. It's basically a y piece with a butterfly valve on one, operated with an on of button. They come in different diameters too. There going for between 100 and 140 quid but could be used to bypass the resonator when wanted instead of full time. I believe there is enough room in the exhaust chanel to fit one of these valves in but for 200 quid I reckon a good setup could be had. There are loads of videos on YouTube with this setup but people who want loud loud do a yt search for electric cutout exhaust. :) would probably sound ridiculous on a 1.4 however :)

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=161371226750&alt=web

Corvette C5 QTP Electric Cutouts:

QTP - Electric Cut Out Exhaust installed by Autom…:

(HD) Audi S5 DMH Electric Cutout Exhaust-Incredib…:

• Like 2

Sonene has fitted one if those electric valve to a fabia vrs. Its on here somewhere..... my car passed MOT with centre box out. But as others have said its testers preference. DO IT DO IT DO IT

• Like 2