rubber choices (again!)

Need some new rubber soon and purchase has been brought forward thanks to finding a screw in one of the rears yesterday!

Anyone got any back to back experience of my shortlisted choices to replace the OEM contis?:

Falken ze912

Hankook v12 k120

Uniroyal rainsport3

Avon zz5

Cheers

A

• Like 1

similar to my list lol although Falken ze914 is a good price so consider them too

im thinking either the falken or avons as there very similar in price

ill be parting with this car in the next 12 months so im not buying premium stuff

today i had fitted some falken ze914's £130 odd for the pair

cant say ive noticed any diff over the conti's but only time will tell, couldnt justify over £200 for the same tyres when im hoping to part with it later this year

had the avons before and in my opinion they are just awful. I get to try a good range of tyre (bro works in a garage) at the moment the fronts are on cooper zeon cs6. and they are not too bad!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Anybody ever used Evergreen's? I've got 4 fitted at the mo. They were put on new by dealers when I got my car in Jan. Not sure what I think of them if I am honest.

Got some on my mothers Corsa tbh I really don't trust them and have told her to change them as they were like it when car was bought

Definitely wont be buying Bridgestones as fitted originally, the noisiest tyre I've ever experienced and brown pants dangerous when trying to drive anywhere on snow.

Thinking of giving all season tyres a go - Vredestein Quatrac Lites

Edited by xman

A quick question about tyres. I have a 11-plate 1.6 tdi 105 elegance estate with 205, 45, 16's. 2 of my tyres are rated as 83w, and 2 are 87v. Does the difference matter or is there an acceptable range that the tyre can be.

E.G, is the car safe with tyres ranging from 75 - 90 and p-z or whatever in between. I made these numbers and letters up obviously lol

The Uniroyals lasted on the front with me 4000 miles. Just gone mack to Michelins which before lasted me 12000 miles. The Uniroyal is a good tyre and the last version of it has been on my parents swift for nearly 5 years.

I've been quoted £50 a corner for 205/45/16 landsail ls388 tyres. Has anybody had any experience with landsail tyres? The price is keen as it includes 4 tyres, fitting, new valves and balancing for £199.

Seems very cheap and some bloke on amazon is selling some 17 Inch ls388's and quotes they have a fuel efficiency rating C, wet grip rating C, and noise level of 71 or 72db (I can't remember which)

Does anyone have any opinions or experience of these tyres???

Edited by jaxx007

I've been quoted £50 a corner for 205/45/16 landsail ls388 tyres. Has anybody had any experience with landsail tyres? The price is keen as it includes 4 tyres, fitting, new valves and balancing for £199.

Seems very cheap and some bloke on amazon is selling some 17 Inch ls388's and quotes they have a fuel efficiency rating C, wet grip rating C, and noise level of 71 or 72db (I can't remember which)

Does anyone have any opinions or experience of these tyres???

Personally wouldn't touch them with a bargepole, cheap Chinese tyres are a false economy and a safety risk. Especially as something like a Rainsport 3 is only about £40 more for all 4, plus the fitting.