Rear bumper Protector VRS Estate

I don't like the skoda one as it doesn't protect the lip of the boot, which is a must for having dogs, especially when there are 4 in the boot!

Just put a blanket over the bumper, that's what we do, 18 months in and not a mark on the paint work.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Fitted my rear guard today easy as, when you have a slobbering 76 kg Great Dane launching himself into the boot before his daily trek, followed by hauling his tired out carcass back In this guard is going to be tested!!!

• 4 months later...

1. Robbing BEEPS. Why are they so expensive? its plastic, I would want real carbon fibre for that price. Yes I am going to have to pay for one, but why so much

but they do exactly what it say on the tin - well bumper!

post-124038-0-53221800-1439500135_thumb.jpg

post-124038-0-81445700-1439500241_thumb.jpg

Rearguards get a good write up. Worth a look.

I had one for my Octy 2 FL estate, and it was fine for a while - it looked good, very OEM.

Ultimately though it lifted up, caught the boot lid on opening and closing, and was more hassle than it was worth.

If you have a dog jumping in and out, they might be worth a look. If you just want to protect the rear bumper - my advice - just be careful lifting things in and out!

I recently ordered a Carbon look one from Rearguards and I'm just waiting for it to land but as above whats the lifespan these? Has anyone had similar issues as Dunc with their mk3 Rearguards?

I recently ordered a Carbon look one from Rearguards and I'm just waiting for it to land but as above whats the lifespan these? Has anyone had similar issues as Dunc with their mk3 Rearguards?

I bought a black one from Rearguards in May 2014, it has faded a bit to grey, but does have plenty of "claw" marks in it from the dogs, so I think it was well worth the money, as the paint would'nt have stood up as well.

I bought a black one from Rearguards in May 2014, it has faded a bit to grey, but does have plenty of "claw" marks in it from the dogs, so I think it was well worth the money, as the paint would'nt have stood up as well.

Thanks Miz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I've just ordered one of these, plain black.  Got my new mk3 today and it looks like there is a wider painted lip to lift stuff over compared to my previous mk2..  want to protect my lovely meteor paint so this seems like the answer.

Thanks everyone who's posted pics and comments - very helpful!

:)

Need to get one of these for my Scout before our dogs scratch the bumper to pieces. Can anyone comment on how easy these are likely to be to remove as the car is leased and I need to be able to hand it back without addons at the end of the lease period.

Just received my bumper protector from Skodadop - now need the car to put it on !!

Interestingly it says it should be fixed when temperature is between 18 and 30 degrees C.

Guess I'll have to wait until August then :sun:

I received a bumper protector too from Skodadop earlier in the week, a Milotec one, and it had a similar message about application temperature. I'm going to apply tomorrow and use a heat gun (or if you don't have one a hairdryer would do) to help with the adhesion.

I received a bumper protector too from Skodadop earlier in the week, a Milotec one, and it had a similar message about application temperature. I'm going to apply tomorrow and use a heat gun (or if you don't have one a hairdryer would do) to help with the adhesion.

Let us know how you get on - a photo showing it fixed would be nice too.

What are you going to heat up -  the bumper, the protector or both ?

Edited by blackbart