What do you listen to in the car...

Structures

As it says in the title...

Currently I'm listening to possibly an unhealthy amount of 90's Gangsta Rap (Snoop Dogg and Wu Tang Clan mostly), a fair bit of Prince and a ton of different Metal bands of varying styles.

• Like 1

I'm usually listening to hip-hop maybe a bit of Rap depending on my mood. Tupac is my favourite though what a man what a life he led.

I've got lots of albums on my iPod mostly hip-hop but also some r&b, queen, oasis, Tracey chapman. Unless I've got the urge to listen to a certain song, album or artist I generally just put it onto shuffle and skip the songs I'm not feeling.

• Like 1

Well seeing as I drive an Octavia estate, I listen to quite a bit of road noise  :giggle:

However, I generally try and drown it out with the radio (2, 4, Smooth) or an SD card of mixed tunes I've collated over the years (everything from French house, through 70's disco, some prog rock, a bit of heavy metal to what I'd loosely term as 'pop', e.g. everything else).

• Like 2

As it says in the title...

Currently I'm listening to possibly an unhealthy amount of 90's Gangsta Rap (Snoop Dogg and Wu Tang Clan mostly), a fair bit of Prince and a ton of different Metal bands of varying styles.

10479149_673965469352374_638805948375664

Radio2 until 2pm when Steve 'I'm stuck in 1987' Wrong comes on, then it's JackFM or something played from my phone via the tape deck :sun:

• Like 1

I have a 30GB iPod full of every type of music which is hard wired into the car, but find myself coming back to Evanescence, AC/DC, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard most often.

And weirdly I like to test my subwoofer with a bit of Skrillex sometimes. Don't even know why I like it.

• Like 1

I try to drown out the constant nonsence from the other half "slow down" "you're driving too fast" "there's a car pulling out there" "why aren't you talking to me?" by listening to anything remotely interesting I can find on any radio station.

• Like 3

I have a 30GB iPod full of every type of music which is hard wired into the car, but find myself coming back to Evanescence, AC/DC, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard most often.

And weirdly I like to test my subwoofer with a bit of Skrillex sometimes. Don't even know why I like it.

I don't know why I like Skrillex either, but it does sound so very very tasty through a nice sound system doesn't it?

10479149_673965469352374_638805948375664

Radio2 until 2pm when Steve 'I'm stuck in 1987' Wrong comes on, then it's JackFM or something played from my phone via the tape deck :sun:

There's been more than a few occasions where I've pulled up at some lights with 'F**k tha police' by NWA or 'CopKiller' by Bodycount, glanced across and realised there was a rozzer stood waiting to cross the road looking decidedly unimpressed...#firstworldproblems

• Like 3

In the car I seem to stick to the news tbh. I'm a Radio 4 man.

Out of the car on the headphone generally it's industrial metal.

I don't think I could listen to that in the car, I'd end up in a ditch or banned

And to mirror ^

When the wife is in the car local ****e FM or some tragically awful pop music.

Edited by Aspman
  • Like 1

Out of the car on the headphone generally it's industrial metal.

I don't think I could listen to that in the car, I'd end up in a ditch or banned

Haha, I've been there...It didn't used to matter when i was in my old Mk1 TDI as it barely broke the speed limit anyway, but nowadays I have to be a bit more mindful of my listening choices.

What kind of industrial metal stuff?

• Like 1

Haha, I've been there...It didn't used to matter when i was in my old Mk1 TDI as it barely broke the speed limit anyway, but nowadays I have to be a bit more mindful of my listening choices.

What kind of industrial metal stuff?

Odd things I'd never heard of. My Lumia phone has a free music option but it's a bit random, you give it some bands and it gives out a download of about 25 tracks it thinks are in a similar style.

Started off with Ministry, Korn and moved on to Seether, American Head Charge, Static-X, Primer 55, Spineshank, Dope, Soil.

Puts out a lot of crap but you do get the occasional gem. I never listened to such heavy stuff in me yoof.

Nokia do seem to have a  fetish for Limp Bizkit (who I hate) and Slipknot (who I just can't get into). They keep coming up.over and over.

Edited by Aspman
  • Like 1

Currently in the 6 cd changer are: Metallica, Faithless, Chase and Status, Oasis, Classic Euphoria, .. Can't remember what the sixth cd is... The seventh in the Headunit is Stereophonics.

JRJG

• Like 1

In the six disc multichanger I have a wide range of music;

CD1 - Elvis

CD2 - Meatloaf

CD3 - Flo Rida

CD4 - Flo Rida

CD5 - Clubland (Other halfs)

CD6 - The Killers

On the SD card - a mixture of rock / pop / R'n'B

Also listen to a lot of radio, Mostly Heart Wales (aka Real Radio)

Can't get into Slipknot???

I love it! It's like a musical form of epilepsy. 

Maybe it's just because I have an interest in drumming but

I think that band properly rock! 

• Like 3

I currently have a few Decaf Zip files, Dashboard Confessional, Alkaline Trio, Skrillex, Limp Bizkit, Korn, and various other unknown bands like "Like Moths to Flames". Also a few random on the work phone to test the sub....it's never enough bass though, can't get the bootlid to move.....need to build a new lower Hz box and buy a new amp!

• Like 1