Skoda's new Limited Black Edition

Fancy one?

They are cheap compared to the Elegance spec I am looking at Moley but who can do without a centre armrest and sports suspension!!!! The sales bod didn't really try and sell it to me saying they would probably be gone by the time I get to order. Worth a look with Eibach's if ever factory approved.

I'd be more impressed if they stopped releasing special models, and started pumping up production so you dont have these stupidly long wait times......If you guys think you have it bad in the UK, at least you get your car 3-4 weeks after its built. It's 8-12 weeks for us poor sods in oz! (on top of the already crazy long wait times).

I'll be close to 6 months wait on what is roughly the equivalent of a optioned up SE spec........

......If you guys think you have it bad in the UK, at least you get your car 3-4 weeks after its built. It's 8-12 weeks for us poor sods in oz! (on top of the already crazy long wait times).

I'll be close to 6 months wait on what is roughly the equivalent of a optioned up SE spec........

Amen. I just found out today that my already-built vRS (build week 25) "missed the boat" to NZ. Meaning my estimated end of August delivery (9 weeks after build...) is now end of September. That's 3 1/2 months after it's built!!  :thumbdown:

I'd click like on your post, but that sucks!

Poor ******. It's bad enough waiting to get a bloody build date for mine and Skoda australia seems to go "surprise! it's built" - rather than getting updates like these lucky buggers in the UK get.

Just looking at the octavia black edition... how can it be a black edition when the grill surround is still chrome! The only thing that seems to be black over the normal one is the wheels!

They are cheap compared to the Elegance spec I am looking at Moley but who can do without a centre armrest and sports suspension!!!! The sales bod didn't really try and sell it to me saying they would probably be gone by the time I get to order. Worth a look with Eibach's if ever factory approved.

Hi there, I have been told by Bury St Edmunds they do come with centre armrest, is there anyway of confirming this, as the skoda website doesn't list the spec anywhere? Cheers

As the cars are based on the SE model they should come with centre armrest.

BUT as the centre armrest was only introduced as standard on the SE from end May (MY15 change) these cars could (although I don't think so) have been built beforehand, thus being MY14 and having no armrest.........

.......... oh the joys  :think: 

• Like 1

Hi there, I have been told by Bury St Edmunds they do come with centre armrest, is there anyway of confirming this, as the skoda website doesn't list the spec anywhere? Cheers

I didn't get a spec list JP so not sure. Just assumed that as it's based on SE then no arm rest. Don't know when in stock either.

I was about to order a Black Edition estate, but it doesn't seem to make ecomonic sense. I was told it included the following add on supposedly worth £3055  which are listed below, but when I add price them from the optional extras in the brochure they only come to £1930.00. I am beginning to feel the dealer is trying to flog my something noone wants.  I am trying to work whether just go for a SE and add on the paint, sat nav and sunset glass, as I can't  say I am that fussed about the black wheels etc. The latest brochure online say armrests are standard as Preston_Motors said above. Didn't help the dealer gave me a January 14 brochure on Friday. This is my first skoda -  not finding buying one easy! Any assistance welcome!

• 18-inch Turini black alloy wheels

• Metallic paint
• Amundsen sat nav with DAB
• Cruise control
• Sport pack - includes front and rear spoilers in body colour, rear boot spoiler in body colour, decorative side mouldings in body colour
• Sunset glass

I wouldnt touch one because of the black wheels, but if you wanted black wheels, or didnt mind them, then the black edition could be worth it.

How much extra above SE is the black edition going for?

Didn't help the dealer gave me a January 14 brochure on Friday. This is my first skoda - not finding buying one easy!

Buying my first Skoda was the same..I found/find product knowledge is generally poor and SUK is not much better. Tried to find out how long the Black Edition is available for today and they had no idea!

These look quite good in the animated pictures but I would like to see some actual pics of them (as they can look quite different in the flesh), I would consider one as my next company car but the dealers don't seem to be able to offer that much information on them at the moment which is frustrating...  

Well I have gone for it my 2.0 black edition octavia estate is arriving at the end of the month. I rang SUK and Matt there was very helpful, but said even they had only just been told about the black edition at the end of Jun, so very new.  What swung for me was the dealer said if I hated the wheels when it turned up I could swap them for any that I wanted FOC.  I can't say fairer than that, oh yeah and I got some free roof bars ;-)  (so easily pleased) when I get it I will try and post some photos if anyone is interested.

• Like 2

Well I have gone for it my 2.0 black edition octavia estate is arriving at the end of the month. I rang SUK and Matt there was very helpful, but said even they had only just been told about the black edition at the end of Jun, so very new.  What swung for me was the dealer said if I hated the wheels when it turned up I could swap them for any that I wanted FOC.  I can't say fairer than that, oh yeah and I got some free roof bars ;-)  (so easily pleased) when I get it I will try and post some photos if anyone is interested.

I am part of your gang now. I have gone for 1.6 estate black edition. Just loved the look of the car. This car is bit of a mistery at the moment. My dealer has told me that the car will be arriving at the end of the month. Will post some pictures once I get my hands on it.

Well done chaps! Fair play for taking the plunge without seeing the car in the flesh. Did you go for white or black exterior colour?

Edited by Falkster
  • Like 1

Well done chaps! Fair play for taking the plunge without seeing the car in the flesh. Did you go for white or black exterior colour?

I went for black, as shrop_paul suggests the black edition in white seems a little of an oxymoron. Fingers crossed. 

I am part of your gang now. I have gone for 1.6 estate black edition. Just loved the look of the car. This car is bit of a mistery at the moment. My dealer has told me that the car will be arriving at the end of the month. Will post some pictures once I get my hands on it.

good to have someone else to moan to when we find out we have been jooped! Looking forward to it now, 

• Like 1

This is the first time I have done this. Gone for a car without seeing it. :-/.. I have gone for the moon white.

Buying my first Skoda was the same..I found/find product knowledge is generally poor and SUK is not much better. Tried to find out how long the Black Edition is available for today and they had no idea!

I agree my dealership experiences have been patchy in the past. Now use Carrs in Bridgwater for servicing, 90 miles away! Their sales team aren't much cop though with zero knowledge of the cars they are flogging

:)

This is the first time I have done this. Gone for a car without seeing it. :-/.. I have gone for the moon white.

Yeh I bought my Mk2 vRS without a test drive, didn't regret it. I would have gone for MW too. Have you considered adding a black grille surround to complete the look? I've been quoted £55 fitted on an Elegance.

• Like 1

I agree my dealership experiences have been patchy in the past. Now use Carrs in Bridgwater for servicing, 90 miles away! Their sales team aren't much cop though with zero knowledge of the cars they are flogging

:)

I am in sales myself and I would be embarrassed if my customer told me more about my product than I knew. Perhaps Skoda don't realise that their clientele is shifting from old men in hats to younger, more savvy ladies and gentlemen who want that bit extra in sales and service. A car purchase should be a special experience time after time with up sell on the stuff you want not the usual Life Shine/Gap blah blah! Rant over.

• Like 1