Richard's (Brisky) Roomster

BossFox

Richard,pity we didnt get a pic' of the bacon cooking by the near side rear wheel. Hope you cleaned the fat splashes off the wheel. LOL.

All evidence of bacon was removed! Plus I had the wheel covered.

I really like this Richard, you must get strange looks from people expecting to see a yoof behind the wheel :x

You mean I'm not?

illusion shattered. :rofl:

• Like 2

You mean I'm not?

illusion shattered. :rofl:

I'd expect severe confusion on the part of more or less everyone; sure the camo wrap says "yoof", but around here a Roomster says "pensioner"...

• Like 4

I'd expect severe confusion on the part of more or less everyone; sure the camo wrap says "yoof", but around here a Roomster says "pensioner"...

Also very suitable as a motability vehicle, must be lot's of space for a wheel-chair in the back!  

• Like 1

Also very suitable as a motability vehicle, must be lot's of space for a wheel-chair in the back!

The air ride also alloys (alloys, freaking alloys?! I put allows you stupid phone) the car to be lowered for easier access ;)
  • Like 1

Having had the car for the weekend if the national meet, it's very practical. 3 tall adults in it that usually struggle in my fabia, yet there was plenty of room in the car. Even swallowed all out luggage too. And no back ache either but that could be all down to the seats.

Having had the car for the weekend if the national meet, it's very practical. 3 tall adults in it that usually struggle in my fabia, yet there was plenty of room in the car. Even swallowed all out luggage too. And no back ache either but that could be all down to the seats.

Or down to the fact the car is on air ride making it easier to access the car, no? ;)

Or down to the fact the car is on air ride making it easier to access the car, no? ;)

Slightly, but if you don't remember it's at its lowest setting, you kinda fall into the car instead of sitting down. A few inches (lower) makes quite a difference...
  • Like 2

Slightly, but if you don't remember it's at its lowest setting, you kinda fall into the car instead of sitting down. A few inches (lower) makes quite a difference...

All I'm really trying to do is find excuses to tell my mum when I get the Citigo on air ride, one can dream :D
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

We have been using the Roomster for family trips as the kids love it.

Especially the baby as the big back windows which mean she has a great view from the car seat.

But I have to say... it's gutless. (for me)

I am not the biggest chap out there, and my wife is about 50kg.

Add in a 1 and 6 year old with supplies for a weekend and it feels underpowered.

I seem to spend most of my time driving it with my foot flat down, as doing that and having a run up is the only way to overtake people.

Come off a roundabout, get the right line and early on the loud peddal, 100% on it.  Wait for the Citroen C4 in the inside lane (which I am only matching in acceleration) to get up to his cruising speed so we can start to edge past him.

Skoda, you need a better petrol option in your smaller cars.

Can't believe this is the best in the new mk3 Fabia unless you want a diseasel.

• Like 2

Doesn't the new Fabia/Octavia have different engines?  the newish 1.2 Tsi belt cam - as opposed to the chain cam unit.

Often wondered how easy it would be to convert a Roomster to 4 wheel drive seeing as the back end is Golf derived, and what happened to the oily bits from the Yeti VRS when it got Audified?

• Like 1

Doesn't the new Fabia/Octavia have different engines?  the newish 1.2 Tsi belt cam - as opposed to the chain cam unit.

Often wondered how easy it would be to convert a Roomster to 4 wheel drive seeing as the back end is Golf derived, and what happened to the oily bits from the Yeti VRS when it got Audified?

Yes, the new one has an extra 5bhp.

Probably not that tricky, but all the front end stuff is from a Golf Platform car and the wiring would be a royal PITA.