207bhp Yeti Greenline 1.6tdi Project - Skoda Yeti SE Business 2.0 tdi 150ps SCR Project

DarrellGB

Think I'm going to contact my dealer, he will tell me if its the same ECU as the Octy III etc :)

Try Kris at Dieselpowered.co.uk. looking forward to seeing this one progress :)

• Like 1

Had its first longer run over to Yorkshire and I'm mighty impressed with the new 2.0tdi 150ps engine, even had chance to push it a little over the Pennines, traction control off and the Haldex system is fantastic!!

So the initial plan is this:

- Shark Performance Stage 1 map - Should take it to around 200bhp and 430Nm, very similar to the 1.6tdi Greenline Project! (but with four wheel drive :clap:  )

- Bilstein B6 or B8 Dampers - Not decided yet as i still want a comfy ride, going to chat with Lee (YetiMan)who's got the same same set up. 

- Eibach Springs (set left over so may as well use them)

- 312mm Brake Upgrade (already got carriers, callipers and discs good to go)

Im not going to play with the ARB's as yet, it handles really nicely as is with only a little roll when pushed hard, my thinking is that improved damping will do more for what i want from the car. 

I think the exhaust is a no go area due to the AdBlue system, needs some more looking into.

Also, when the Greenline goes back to standard, ill have an S3 Intercooler not doing anything  :nerd:

All i need now is a name for the project? Any ideas? Winner gets a years supply of Jam Butties  :p

Edited by DarrellGB
  • Like 1

Sounds like a plan :)

How did economy fare, on your Yorkshire run?

Averaged 52mpg which I didn't think was bad from a new engine :)

Slight change of plan on the remap, going with a more local company called MoreBHP in Crew. Only heard good things and after chatting with the owner Jason, I'm more than happy. Plus they have a Bapro four wheel dyno the same as Shark, so i know it will be accurate.

Booked in this Thursday so I'll post up the dyno print out for all to see :)

Edited by DarrellGB
  • Like 2

Well, after saying i wasn't going to do the anti roll bar ..............................I've just bought a Golf R rear anti roll bar, like new for £35!!! 

Got to love an Ebay bargain :)

• Like 2

Bit of an update:

- Remap tomorrow at MoreBHP in Crewe, should around 200bhp / 430Nm

- Booked in to upgrade brakes to 312mm (just need to order some new discs after dropping some!!)

- VW Racing Air Filter ordered

Bits ordered from SuperSkoda

- Skoda Yeti - RS6 MATT seat handle insert set / red

- Yeti 2014 - original Skoda door sill covers

- Yeti 2014+ Facelift - FRONT / REAR wind/rain deflector Full Set

• Like 1

Well, the results are in, 191bhp / 375Nm :clap:  Reigned the torque in a little with everything being so new (only 500 miles on the car), will look to crank it up a little more once things are run in. 

Theres a video on the MoreBHP website page. 

https://www.facebook.com/MoreBHPLtd/?fref=nf

• Like 2

Really??

I have it on the Superb and personally think it’s a waste of time.

Horses for courses i suppose, just find the interface great in terms of using hands free call, selecting music etc, really makes the most of Siri on my iPhone.

Interesting, I'm shopping round for a set of B6 for mine at the moment.

Worth checking the online Bilstein catalogue, along with you car's option codes, to make sure you get the right part numbers - there are a couple of variations.

Good price.

ns

• Like 1

Taken the plunge and ordered a set. That's around £170 cheaper than most places over here, so thought it was worth a punt. Estimated delivery is Friday, so let's see what happens...

Thanks for the link, it was perfectly timed :)

• Like 1

Taken the plunge and ordered a set. That's around £170 cheaper than most places over here, so thought it was worth a punt. Estimated delivery is Friday, so let's see what happens...

Thanks for the link, it was perfectly timed :)

Welcome, i checked the Bilstein catalogue too, it is a cracking price, I've messaged my supplier to see if they will match price, if not ill be ordering as well :)

Are going for the Eibach springs too or staying standard?

Edited by DarrellGB

No, not lowering mine, one of the reasons for having it was the improved ground clearance.

I did ask a couple of UK Bilstein suppliers if they'd do any discount off their prices, didn't really get anywhere though.

I'd be surprised if you get anywhere near that price over here, but you never know - if you don't ask...

• Like 1

Well the closest anyone could get for the Bilsteins was £480, so I've ordered them from the link above for £366.06 including delivery from Germany!!

Had an email today saying they've been despatched. Well I think that's what it says anyway!

I don't speak any German either, I copy and paste them into Google translate :)

It says mine will be here between 19th & 21st March.

Edited by DarrellGB