207bhp Yeti Greenline 1.6tdi Project - Skoda Yeti SE Business 2.0 tdi 150ps SCR Project

DarrellGB

One old Intercooler

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

One brand new S3 Intercooler

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Can't decide whether to do the S3 cooler swap myself (at home) or book it in at Shark.  Usually do other big jobs on the drive but this looks like decent access underneath would be ideal.  Seen a guy adding an S3 cooler to a mk7 Golf.  Looks like a lot of trim removal, clips, connectors and bolt jobs. Doesn't look like anything needs modding as it should be a straight swap... hmmmm....

Can't decide whether to do the S3 cooler swap myself (at home) or book it in at Shark.  Usually do other big jobs on the drive but this looks like decent access underneath would be ideal.  Seen a guy adding an S3 cooler to a mk7 Golf.  Looks like a lot of trim removal, clips, connectors and bolt jobs. Doesn't look like anything needs modding as it should be a straight swap... hmmmm....

You go first. Then I can decide whether to DIY it :D

• Like 2

I've done so much with the Defender. Fitted GKN overdrives, service it myself, all engine work, egr removal, ecu harness, fitted PWR intercooler blah blah.... there's just something about a VAG motor that scares the s*** out of me! :D So many little fiddly things. I can see me having the front end off and not being able to get the crashbar back on or forgetting where to put one of the million bolts/screws!

• Like 2

Looks good

You get a good pattern?

It seems to, I'm taking it to the garage tomorrow just to see if any adjustment is needed :)

It seems to, I'm taking it to the garage tomorrow just to see if any adjustment is needed :)

They always look terrible when trying to photograph them anyway!

Alignment should be fine, but a double-check can't do any harm :)

• Like 1

Nice new stuby ariel fitted, I think it looks much tidier and gives a great reception :)

post-120571-0-33723600-1467477462_thumb.jpeg

Edited by DarrellGB
  • Like 1

With LED running lights, HID headlights, Phillps extreme vision high beams, the fog lights were just looking wrong!!

So I've just ordered some H8 LED's :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LemonBest-Bright-Headlight-Driving-Lights/dp/B00ZR1B61E/ref=pd_ybh_a_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=PQFJGFN1XJ0RXTA0ZB3G

Edited by DarrellGB

Fitting mine tomorrow when my mate with vcds is around to code it in :)

I didn't need the error cancelors in the end so I've got a set if you need them :)

• 2 weeks later...

Having fun and games with my lights!!!

The HID kit from DemonTweeks was great until one of the plastic tabs on the bulb holder snapped!

The H8 LED fogs were great but even with the canbus error decoder fitted it is still reading as an error!!!

Fitted LED numberplate lights but they too show as an error, hopefully can get those coded though.

Solution......

I've ordered two sets of Londoncolour HID kits, one H7 for the headlights and one H8 for the fog lights, should be here on Wednesday, they get great feedback and have a metal bulb holder base not plastic!

Both are 35w and 6000k (pure white)

Got the both for the same price of the DemonTweeks kit which I will be returning this week, hopefully I'll then have the set up I wanted

• Like 2

Having fun and games with my lights!!!

The HID kit from DemonTweeks was great until one of the plastic tabs on the bulb holder snapped!

The H8 LED fogs were great but even with the canbus error decoder fitted it is still reading as an error!!!

Fitted LED numberplate lights but they too show as an error, hopefully can get those coded though.

Solution......

I've ordered two sets of Londoncolour HID kits, one H7 for the headlights and one H8 for the fog lights, should be here on Wednesday, they get great feedback and have a metal bulb holder base not plastic!

Both are 35w and 6000k (pure white)

Got the both for the same price of the DemonTweeks kit which I will be returning this week, hopefully I'll then have the set up I wanted

Had my London color kit on a week now and I love it. Went for 4300k so it's OEM looking and so bright :D

Really good quality too as you said

• Like 1

Yes the number plate lights need coding, then they will be fine.

Not sure how long they will last in the fog lights if you have cornering lights enabked as HID's do not to be turned on and off repeatedly, they also take a few seconds to warm up to a nice colour so may be pointless.

• Like 1

Yes the number plate lights need coding, then they will be fine.

Not sure how long they will last in the fog lights if you have cornering lights enabked as HID's do not to be turned on and off repeatedly, they also take a few seconds to warm up to a nice colour so may be pointless.

I'm going to deactivate the cornering fogs, nice feature but doesn't make that much of a difference if I'm honest.

Had my London color kit on a week now and I love it. Went for 4300k so it's OEM looking and so bright :D

Really good quality too as you said

With the coding did you just activate xenons? I may as well have it looked at while I'm getting license plate LED's sorted.

With the coding did you just activate xenons? I may as well have it looked at while I'm getting license plate LED's sorted.

It may be different for the yeti but in vcds, rosstech omit the tick box option you need in the long code helper. You want "xenons without shutters installed" and on mine I had to change the binary myself. There is a guide on here as I've probably made no sense

• Like 1