Mirrorlink Update

I can't really see what benefit smartgate is though?

Ehhh... Turning your stereo 'up to 11' and dropping the windows while running this bad boy! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.skodaauto.motorsound  :devil:

Really though, as Garnett says - It's a case of loving tech and having to have the latest kit(albeit not proven to be greatest). I like the live telemetry stuff too!

In case you haven't seen it scroll about half way down this page to the SmartGate Apps section. Some just Gamify driving, others provide useful vehicle data.

I'm also pretty confident we'll see more and more apps/features over time. Why not have everything in place for when they arrive!

Edited by SherpaBigfoot

Guest garpat32

Mirrorlink, yeh very useful, so if that was available then great.

But a lot of what you can get with smartgate you can get on the torque app via bluetooth obd?

A lot of info within this thread. Hopefully below links might pull it all together for people like me who are a little confused by it all.

Smartlink - seems to combine Mirrorlink/Carplay/Android Auto. For Phone to Car connectivity

http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/experience/product-features/pages/smartlink.aspx

SmartGate - phone to vehicle data connectivity

http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/experience/product-features/smartgate

So if i install smartgate on my 63 plate vRS, will I be able to interact with the Amundsen satnav using iphone/ipad?

No, you can not, please read this page: http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/experience/product-features/smartgate (same link in the post #158).

Edited by Grumpy Finn

Would like to know this also

Me too, although knowing Skoda, I doubt they'll allow it, you'd have to buy an upgraded system at a cost of £700 or something stupid like that  :thumbdown:

Would be great though if you could   :D  :D

Spoke to Skoda UK about this in the week and they said it was coming for Octavia III in the MIB II phase later in the year (which I believe we know to be May sometime, week 22?) and that they were thinking of an official release for the current system. It would require a software update however which would require a dealer visit.

Andyvee has a Smartgate module on order and is looking to retrofit himself... Can't wait for that update Andy! :)

• Like 1

Spoke to Skoda UK about this in the week and they said it was coming for Octavia III in the MIB II phase later in the year (which I believe we know to be May sometime, week 22?) and that they were thinking of an official release for the current system. It would require a software update apparently.

I really hope you are right.

Spoke to Skoda UK about this in the week and they said it was coming for Octavia III in the MIB II phase later in the year (which I believe we know to be May sometime, week 22?) and that they were thinking of an official release for the current system. It would require a software update however which would require a dealer visit.

Andyvee has a Smartgate module on order and is looking to retrofit himself... Can't wait for that update Andy! :)

That would be awesome, since I already have SmartGate and would love to be able to use CarPlay as well.

That would be awesome, since I already have SmartGate and would love to be able to use CarPlay as well.

Would you say smartgate is usefull, or just for fun? I might add I like gadgets.

Would you say smartgate is usefull, or just for fun? I might add I like gadgets.

I've been swamped at work so I haven't had much time to play around with it, but it seems to have a lot of potential at least. Definitely a neat add on for a techie.

I've been swamped at work so I haven't had much time to play around with it, but it seems to have a lot of potential at least. Definitely a neat add on for a techie.

I'll have a chat with my dealer when my car is close to delivery. When I ordered he didnt seem to have a clue what it was...