What Mods Have You Done To Your Car?

Stage 2chip made by vtech and give me aprox 114ps over orginal bench test( 234hp), full unresonated milltek without cat, extra bosch fuelpump and progressive btr, modified nozzels.

Thanks, my English is so and so but my Swedish doesn't exist at all, so it's not easy to read from www.vtech.se

Is it a remap, or other? How much does it cost?

Found the link: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=439441

post #2

TMWNA I can't check the existence of such a cylinder pressure, can you?

No neither can I check this "learning" but, no mention of it comes from VAG anywhere and to this date, all I know is that dealerships take a download of the checksum value of the ECU program thereby, allowing them to know if the original map has been removed/replaced, this in itself will only get you a TD1 flag and as far as I'm informed dealerships don't even know the result of checksum value let alone remove remaps.

Aside from the tuningbox and pedalbox remaping the DSG is the most productive of performance modifications, having a hard change-up rev-point allows your car to maintain its maximum torque rather than chasing the upper revs that sound so much faster than they actually are.  When you do go through this DSG remap process its quite surprizing just how low down the rev range you start loosing torque and when you consider the gearing just where that rev neddle will go back to on the up-change will have you double checking your figures but, you can't argue with the math and when you drive a car with the DSG remap you just know its really shifting but, it all seams so effortless because you ain't chasing that redline.

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Like 1

No DSG here, sorry, only good MQ350 :)

Frallan, thank you for the info on vtech. I still have a question, are you on standard suspensions?

Edited by Genoa1893

No neither can I check this "learning" but, no mention of it comes from VAG anywhere and to this date, all I know is that dealerships take a download of the checksum value of the ECU program thereby, allowing them to know if the original map has been removed/replaced, this in itself will only get you a TD1 flag and as far as I'm informed dealerships don't even know the result of checksum value let alone remove remaps.

Aside from the tuningbox and pedalbox remaping the DSG is the most productive of performance modifications, having a hard change-up rev-point allows your car to maintain its maximum torque rather than chasing the upper revs that sound so much faster than they actually are.  When you do go through this DSG remap process its quite surprizing just how low down the rev range you start loosing torque and when you consider the gearing just where that rev neddle will go back to on the up-change will have you double checking your figures but, you can't argue with the math and when you drive a car with the DSG remap you just know its really shifting but, it all seams so effortless because you ain't chasing that redline.

It's not were it tails off its were the torque comes back in that counts.

On that picture its standard, I have mounted h&r lowering springs now but they could have been 1 to 2 cm lower in the front. But hey I live in a country with snow 6month / Year so lower would just screw my front spoiler in the winter..

Thank you Frallan,

it really seems I must decide and go with the H&R springs!

I really like the seats in our Elegance, but one thing does feel like it could use some improvement, the headrests. They're far too back to be able to actually comfortably rest your head on them while driving.

I was wondering if it would be possible to replace them with the adjustable type that's used on the new Passat for example. Am I correct in assuming they might be compatible?

2015-Volkswagen-Passat-B8-Interior.jpg

2015-VW-Passat-rear-seat-at-the-2014-Par

Does anyone have any facts on the headrests?

For my TDI vRS all it needed was a DTUK tuning box!!  238bhp, tonnes to torques...  A really noticeable difference to the cars performance and ‘fun’ factor.

Hi Matrix2020,

I have just purchased the DTUK tuning box for my car. How easy did you find it to fit???

Also, in the event that I struggle to fit myself, (haven't looked at the instructions yet or attempted to fit) where in Hampshire are you and would you be prepared to help???

Regards

Mark

Hi Matrix2020,

I have just purchased the DTUK tuning box for my car. How easy did you find it to fit???

Also, in the event that I struggle to fit myself, (haven't looked at the instructions yet or attempted to fit) where in Hampshire are you and would you be prepared to help???

Regards

Mark

Hi Mark, sorry for the delay I have been away for a few days.  Its really easy to install, the instructions worked well, although I did loose some skin removing the connector on the left hand side of the engine!!  Put the box in a water proof bag in the gap recommended, I ran  the cables as they highlighted.  I am in Bristol or Hampshire if you need a hand, away this weekend though.......  Good luck.  DTUK were very helpful when I called for some settings help,helps they have one fitted to their vRS!!  I think I am running it on 3 +1?? But if you give DTUK a call mine is set to the same as theirs.  2 + 2 did not work for me, it felt too jerky at 2000 rpm.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Had my vrs estate a few months now,mods are as follows:

De badge

Mud flaps

VWR golf r springs

19" Xtremes

12mm front spacer

20mm h&r bolt on rear spacers

A few vcds adaptations

Need a black grill next I think and maybe a dtuk tuning box

Had my vrs estate a few months now,mods are as follows:

De badge

Mud flaps

VWR golf r springs

19" Xtremes

12mm front spacer

20mm h&r bolt on rear spacers

A few vcds adaptations

Need a black grill next I think and maybe a dtuk tuning box

Pictures?

Have you used SuperSkoda.com?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Memory mirror retrofitted on the passenger side .

http://vimeo.com/111385837

retrofitted the RLFS in MY2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8GnvpJpPzw

left RLHS

right RLFS

ve7uvaby.jpg

Difficult to tell from that photo but I assume there is no room to fit a drive recorder (camera) INSIDE the cover? does the cover remove easily?