Who Else Had a MKI Fabia vRS?

Brian69

Me 2, Silver 53 plate demo

SE 2007 Race Blue. New

Loved both of mine , wish I could have held on to the SE

Edited by vrskeith

07 Non-SE in Black Magic, was one of the last MK1 VRS's ever produced apparently.

Had it for 2 years and loved it. If I am completely honest I wish I never got rid of it I would still of had it now and saved myself lots of £££

Dam me and my car coldfeet-ness.

• Like 1

Yes, had a 56 plate Black Magic for 4 years, and I'm also in the "wish I'd kept it" camp, purely because I changed job role not long after I traded it in for my Mk2 VRS and am doing a lot more business miles, so the diesel economy and just putting miles on an older car situation would have been preferable. It would've needed money spending on it, but nothing compared to the extra purchase price of the Mk2 and the terrible depreciation they seem to have.

I've no regrets about the switch. I'd never had a diesel before and in my naivety I didn't realise how much longer they take to warm up!

I did find the MKI very comfortable, it had a great gearbox and the diesel shove that came in one great lump was highly enjoyable as I went up through the box (even if it did create the impression the car was faster than it actually was - although that's not necessarily always a bad thing).

Apart from how long it took to warm up (and that was only a downside for me as I generally do short-ish distances) the only negative was the sieve-like quality of the rear doors - a real p*sser when it was cold and wet as the condensation was unacceptable (I tried to get it fixed a couple of times without success, eventually gave up and decided the car had to go).

i had two.. 04 black hybrid one and a 05 black vrs now in a 2010 non oil burner vrs with 215 bhp which i owned for 3 weeks and will sell it after xmas for another mk1 vrs, IMO just a better car wish i never got rid 

• Like 1

I had one, 2005 Black magic. Beautiful car, but a very different animal. I was genuinely sad to see it go but am more than happy with the signifcantly improved performance of the mk2.

Although not a fan of remapping cars, the mk1 had enough scope for doing just that, without too much of a risk. The main problem with the mk2 is that it's highly strung enough already.

The perfect combination would have been the vrs Mk1 body with the vrs Mk2 engine. Now, I think Skoda would have sold more if that had been the case!

Edited by bingo765

I had a mk1, 04 plate ex demo in silver, owned it 9 years and sold it with 110k on the clock, it was well sorted without braking the bank, jabbsport map roaded at 189, later fitted the cupra airbox intake pipe, eibach pro kit, poly bushed front end and brembo pads all round with drilled disc's. Miss it very much, had high hopes for my new mk2 but its left me feeling a bit numb. The mk1 was/is a really good car, especially taken on price when new and it took very little to make it great. The mk2 is ok at best but Skoda should have been closer to great second time round especially as we are paying more and losing more. The 1.4tsi and dsg combo deserves a proper chassis and brake package, and the drivers seat is to high, unless Skoda come up with a mk3 vrs that is much closer to turn key sorted i will leave the brand.