Elite: Dangerous

Neo_VR

got my vulture, yay!

its more manouverable than the cobra, seems quite good, I need to upgrade though...

went for one large beam , and one large cannon, but as I got the best power unit straight away , I'm not using it on one beam, may go for two....

I'll do a proper comparison when I have tooled it up ;)

• Like 2

got my vulture, yay!

its more manouverable than the cobra, seems quite good, I need to upgrade though...

went for one large beam , and one large cannon, but as I got the best power unit straight away , I'm not using it on one beam, may go for two....

I'll do a proper comparison when I have tooled it up ;)

Power management is "fun" on the Vulture. Especially if you put all the good stuff on.

• Like 1

I'm pottering about on the fringes at Eravate doing some bounty hunting and saving up to kit out my Diamondback Explorer for a good long trip way out there.  Three ships in my stable at the mo, a Cobra which I don't think I'll ever get rid of, and the two Diamondbacks.

I think I'll stick to the smaller, cheaper ships TBH, I'm having a ball with them. :D

CMDR Patrecleus

• Like 1

balancing the power is tricky....

besides one massive beam, what would people recomend for the other large hardpoint?

I currently have a big cannon, unsure on its sighting or effectiveness though ....

I use two d2 beams rather than the large weapons. Full pips to weapons and small ships disappear. Just have to watch the heat levels.

lol..... and , er , how do you do screenshots?

F10 although that doesn't work for text for some reason. I used Alt and Prt Sc for that, then saved into paint.

The F10 screenshots are saved under Pictures - Frontier Developments.

• Like 1

I've not played for a fortnight - I was on course all last week but seem to have lost a bit of enthusiasm t the moment - probably the exams in Oct from the course last week causing the problem.

The NPC's are considerably more dangerous now, particularly in wings.

This is my Python's hull integrity after being attacked by three Cobras at a high intensity extraction site. I still managed to survive!

Screenshot_0009_zpszuvwtntu.png

• Like 1

I have been killed by the same player twice (real player) in a bloody vulture no less.... gonna have to get revenge (I am in an opposing system though, so I am marked as "hostile" and can be killed on sight! lol...) I need to be there though, as its the only system I have found in about a week that has armour for sale for my vulture!

I have been killed by the same player twice (real player) in a bloody vulture no less.... gonna have to get revenge (I am in an opposing system though, so I am marked as "hostile" and can be killed on sight! lol...) I need to be there though, as its the only system I have found in about a week that has armour for sale for my vulture!

Let me know where they are and we can hook up in a wing and take them out.

How are you finding the Python Gilly?

Im considering skipping the ASP and going to a python - getting bored in my vulture now

The Python is awesome. It has three large and two medium hardpoints as well as a size 7 power plant. Loads of firepower and available power. It can carry 292 tons of cargo without shields or 276 if you use a size 4.

On the downside, it only has a size 5 FSD and being much larger than the Asp has a poor jump range. I am averaging 13 light years with a class A FSD.

Another downside is cost. Military grade armour is 51 million, and so is the A7 power plant. An A6 shield generator will set you back 17 million.

With thrusters and power distributor maxed out it feels quick enough. It's a great trading vessel, and a great fighting machine. It's not an explorer though, the Asp is much better for that.

• Like 2

now at HIP 116213 joined the community goal of wiping out the "syndicate" lol.... and won some powerplay point killing the resistance fighters at "violent protests" in the system... it a planet we (pravnat anatal faction) are taking over :)

got my military armour from the hostile system :)