Elite: Dangerous

Neo_VR

Did a bit of exploring at the weekend - only did a short trip but made a few hundred thousand.

Realised a while in that I was detail scanning too much(was scanning just about everything including asteroid belts and icy planets without even looking at the holohgraph) and ended up finding a crib sheet for identifying the holograph of the various types of bodies (and the likely $ return for them) - once I started using it I was getting quicker and more effective in systems (only scanned the items I knew were worth a bit of cash).

Think I might go out (and keep going until I get Elite) for exploration. That should get me enough money for a good trader, get Elite trading and then go for the final one.

made half a million fighting this evening.... now have the best frame shift drive..  getting there!

I would have joined you but I seem to have strayed to around 1000 light years away.

• Like 1

I'm back now, just wanted to hit Pathfinder status.

I am now Master, Broker, Pathfinder. Should have a Python within a week.

It will be a long time before I will have a Python the way play!  Got my Alioth permit last night after using my galaxy data to become friendly with the Alioth Independents.

I'm back now, just wanted to hit Pathfinder status.

I am now Master, Broker, Pathfinder. Should have a Python within a week.

does this mean we can team up, I kill people, you take the cargo, we hit an anarchy for the black market and share the proceeds? ;)

does this mean we can team up, I kill people, you take the cargo, we hit an anarchy for the black market and share the proceeds? ;)

and I'll meet you all in the pub for an intergalactic mini meet :)

• Like 2

As I've now achieved the rank of Ensign, I've splashed out on a Federal Dropship to tide me over until I get the Python.

It has 2 large hardpoints and 4 medium so plenty of fire power. Military armour cost? A snip at 22 million!

• Like 1

Made it to Mostly harmless, merchant and surveyor - going to focus on exploration for the foreseeable future (got about 460 systems visited but going up rapidly since I started to concentrate on exploring as opposed to trading).

Just waiting now for this to arrive on xbox one

According to Wikipedia the single player mode has been removed

Is this true and does it detract from the experience?

I have visions of a console version being 'call of duty in space'. :(

Just waiting now for this to arrive on xbox one

According to Wikipedia the single player mode has been removed

Is this true and does it detract from the experience?

I have visions of a console version being 'call of duty in space'. :(

Depends what you mean by "single player mode" - It has three "modes"  

Open - Where you can interact with all other players and NPCs

Group - where you can set up your own (or join someone else's group) and interact with the other members of the  group and NPCs

Solo- where you play with yourself.  (no not self abuse - only NPCs)

This happens in the same online environment so if you play in Solo you still effect the environment as if you were playing in open. 

I'd recommend anyone starting to start off in "Solo" and switch to "open" once they get the hang of it and out of the starter systems.

It's nothing like "Call of Duty". IMHO

We can team up and make some serious money. Where are you now?

You're just showing off now  :D

It's a great ship. It's slow and heavy, with a poor jump range but it's amazing in a fight. Plus you can carry 132 tons of cargo and still have a shield generator.

I'm back in the Vulture - it's pretty much specced out - but I think you can have 100 and 1 combinations - wish it had a bigger power plant as you can't have all a grade stuff as you just run out of power.  

We can team up and make some serious money. Where are you now?

It's a great ship. It's slow and heavy, with a poor jump range but it's amazing in a fight. Plus you can carry 132 tons of cargo and still have a shield generator.

sounds good! I'm around the same place LP 888-62 , but been away at santa pod, just got back! I will be on tomorow afternoon!

I'm back in the Vulture - it's pretty much specced out - but I think you can have 100 and 1 combinations - wish it had a bigger power plant as you can't have all a grade stuff as you just run out of power.  

I may save for a vulture when my cobra is finished :)

tm

sounds good! I'm around the same place LP 888-62 , but been away at santa pod, just got back! I will be on tomorow afternoon!

I may save for a vulture when my cobra is finished :)

Frontiers server have been up and down like the proverbial drawers all day, at least I was too busy to play much today (tiling), hope they fix it soonTM

• Like 1

the update is imminent isn't it? choose a faction ;) I may go with the empire!

IIRC the Beta starts on the 20th so it will be a little while.

Just going to keep exploring for the foreseeable future. 460 systems visited - so probably only another 4-5,000 needed for Elite!

When bounty hunting at a Resource Extraction Site (RES), you will encounter three spawn possibilites:-

• Small Ship spawn - you only get small wanted ships (Sidewinder, Adder, Viper, Eagle, Cobra)
  • Big Ship spawn - you only get big wanted ships (Clipper, Dropship, Python, Anaconda)
  • Mixed spawn - you get both above spawns

Rather than trying a different RES for maximum payout, simply exit to main menu and then load again. Eventually, you will get the big ship spawn regardless of the type of system you are in.

• Like 1

When bounty hunting at a Resource Extraction Site (RES), you will encounter three spawn possibilites:-

• Small Ship spawn - you only get small wanted ships (Sidewinder, Adder, Viper, Eagle, Cobra)
  • Big Ship spawn - you only get big wanted ships (Clipper, Dropship, Python, Anaconda)
  • Mixed spawn - you get both above spawns

Rather than trying a different RES for maximum payout, simply exit to main menu and then load again. Eventually, you will get the big ship spawn regardless of the type of system you are in.

interesting to know - I would always be looking for the small ship spawn (not fair going up against an Anaconda with a Cobra!)