Elite: Dangerous

Neo_VR

got it working on my laptop now :) the support team get slated, but they were good, and do a difficult job , it is a constant development after all! gave them a nice reply for their help and got this ...

Hi again David,

Hopefully this issue will have been passed and shouldn't crop up again now that you've managed to get the game running properly, however I'll not fully close the ticket so you can re-open it if you need to in the near future, just in case!

Thanks for the kind words! We really appreciate it and I'm glad you can get playing properly now :)

Fly safe CMDR Sharkrider,

I love the "fly safe CMDR Sharkrider!" ;)

• Like 1

Had a bit of fun this evening bounty hunting at a RES. A human turned up and declined my request to wing. Being in a viper he was faster than me but lacked my firepower.

I took the opportunity to fly through his beam lasers making him wanted, then annihilated him.

• Like 1

Had a bit of fun this evening bounty hunting at a RES. A human turned up and declined my request to wing. Being in a viper he was faster than me but lacked my firepower.

I took the opportunity to fly through his beam lasers making him wanted, then annihilated him.

does that mean accidental fire would make him Wanted?  Crafty :)

I suppose attacking a Planet/Space Station/anything that moves not including baddies) does something similar :(

ohhh sweet :)

does that mean accidental fire would make him Wanted?  Crafty :)

I suppose attacking a Planet/Space Station/anything that moves not including baddies) does something similar :(

If you scan a ship you should get their status as Clean or wanted- never attack a ship unless you have scanned it first (If you haven't scanned it it's assumed to be clean).  If wanted you can kill them  - but be careful in the current version if you hit a clean ship (not in a Anarchy system)  by accident (friendly fire) you will be fined a small amount and any police in the area will start to attack you and you'll become wanted in that system. The next version is supposed to allow a bit of friendly fire before you get fined. 

If you scan a ship you should get their status as Clean or wanted- never attack a ship unless you have scanned it first (If you haven't scanned it it's assumed to be clean).  If wanted you can kill them  - but be careful in the current version if you hit a clean ship (not in a Anarchy system)  by accident (friendly fire) you will be fined a small amount and any police in the area will start to attack you and you'll become wanted in that system. The next version is supposed to allow a bit of friendly fire before you get fined. 

I discovered the attacking a friendly ship thing yesterday. Got a 400 credit fine. still playing before taking it seriously, hence I set off in the dark.............er black, wonder and eventually after several skirmishes, all of which I lost in 'my first spaceship' I ran out of fuel and attacked a sun. It's all coming back to me, as I'm sure it was like this in the original. So keep starting again from scratch. Did come across 'Commander Mrs Trellis of North Wales', brilliant name and good to see in the big old Universe there is someone else who listens to 'Sorry I haven't a clue' :)

• Like 1

. Did come across 'Commander Mrs Trellis of North Wales', brilliant name and good to see in the big old Universe there is someone else who listens to 'Sorry I haven't a clue' :)

Fancy a game of "Mornington Crescent" based on the Elite Pilots'  Federation book of Interstellar place names?

Fancy a game of "Mornington Crescent" based on the Elite Pilots'  Federation book of Interstellar place names?

It sounds like a winner to me. Parallel transfer Warp rules apply on Sundays, yay :)

• Like 2

right, been working hard this afternoon! I have now maxed out my cobra, and its awesome :) I may yet go for turreted beams as they are getting an upgrade in the next game upgrade.....

then saving for my vulture!

• Like 1

right, been working hard this afternoon! I have now maxed out my cobra, and its awesome :) I may yet go for turreted beams as they are getting an upgrade in the next game upgrade.....

then saving for my vulture!

The Vulture is a monster, especially with the price drop in the last patch, OK it only has two medium hard points, but 1 beam laser and a multi cannon (Both gimbled) will tear up an Anaconda in short order. It will cost you about 15 million to fully kit it out though. You need the best power plant (A5), best power distributor (A5), and add two shield boosters (A0) in the utility slots,

If your a good shot, forget turreted weapons, their power is FAR lower than gimbled, and fixed weapons give the most damage, I'm playing pure bounty hunter, and can grab 10,000,000 credits in two hours. With the right setup in the Vulture, you can still get a decent jump range of 15.8 light years,

• Like 1

I so hope there is a system called Nidd. I'd love to be stuck in Nidd ;)

Just in case you didn't know, you can search for system and planet names on the galaxy map.

Think I'm going to stick with the Cobra until I get Elite in exploration, which should get me enough credits to buy almost whatever I want including upgrades.

Just in case you didn't know, you can search for system and planet names on the galaxy map.

Thanks. Can't find Nidd though :( I got bored with the rut I had gotton myself into, so I attacked one of those Polygon shaped jobbies. Boy do they have lots of fricken' lasers!  It was all over incredibly quick, even by my kamikaze standards!

The Vulture is a monster, especially with the price drop in the last patch, OK it only has two medium hard points, but 1 beam laser and a multi cannon (Both gimbled) will tear up an Anaconda in short order. It will cost you about 15 million to fully kit it out though. You need the best power plant (A5), best power distributor (A5), and add two shield boosters (A0) in the utility slots,

If your a good shot, forget turreted weapons, their power is FAR lower than gimbled, and fixed weapons give the most damage, I'm playing pure bounty hunter, and can grab 10,000,000 credits in two hours. With the right setup in the Vulture, you can still get a decent jump range of 15.8 light years,

it looks like that the AI for NPC ships has been upgraded in 1.3 and they are now a bit more of a challenge (especially the higher ranked ones.)

Thanks. Can't find Nidd though :( I got bored with the rut I had gotton myself into, so I attacked one of those Polygon shaped jobbies. Boy do they have lots of fricken' lasers!  It was all over incredibly quick, even by my kamikaze standards!

How many times now have you been killed? 

How many times now have you been killed? 

Lots and lots :) I live to be killed. Just wait, word will get around about this mad Geordie Commander who think's she's a Honey Badger in a space suit :) You'd think at my age I'd know better. Last time I made the mistake of accepting a coffee assignment and I was half way across the know Universe when I felt the need to attack something big and space station sized. Man, coffee is so hard to find sometimes :D Mind you, perhaps word is getting around as I keep getting denied docking permission, it might have something to do with the way I try to run at high speed through the entrance ports, before my ship has been scanned. It definitely always seems to need it's paintwork fixing though :D :D

• Like 1

it looks like that the AI for NPC ships has been upgraded in 1.3 and they are now a bit more of a challenge (especially the higher ranked ones.)

Yeh the AI can be a bit dumb at times. Although AI Vultures are a bigger threat than an Anaconda. That thing is just a barge with guns, take down the shields with two speed passes, then get 'inside' it's guns by getting really close and target the power unit. I fight those things at zero throttle and just use thrusters, 

• Like 1

Lots and lots :) I live to be killed. Just wait, word will get around about this mad Geordie Commander who think's she's a Honey Badger in a space suit :) You'd think at my age I'd know better. Last time I made the mistake of accepting a coffee assignment and I was half way across the know Universe when I felt the need to attack something big and space station sized. Man, coffee is so hard to find sometimes :D Mind you, perhaps word is getting around as I keep getting denied docking permission, it might have something to do with the way I try to run at high speed through the entrance ports, before my ship has been scanned. It definitely always seems to need it's paintwork fixing though  :D :D

You can clear wanted bounties at the smaller space platforms, rather than risk docking while wanted at a space station. Some platforms also have a black market, so no danger of being scanned while you land. 

• Like 1

Some platforms also have a black market, so no danger of being scanned while you land. 

I "picked up" some Artwork and currently having fun finding a Black market to sell them at - so landing at nearly every platform and dodging system security.

You can clear wanted bounties at the smaller space platforms, rather than risk docking while wanted at a space station. Some platforms also have a black market, so no danger of being scanned while you land. 

Ooh that's good to know. I wont have to shoot at them and have them waste their precious frickin laser beams destroying me.

A tip for bounty hunters. Find a system (ain't telling you mine as I'm making a fortune  :p ) that is nestled between different factions. The one I use is Federation AND Alliance, and is only 10 light years away from an empire system. Assuming you use a kill warrant scanner (it will often double a bounty) you can turn in all three faction bounties in a matter of minutes.

Using a kill warrant scanner in a resource extraction site is a license to print money :D I found an Anaconda is a res site and it scanned as 'Clean' with the normal ship scanner, ran the kill warrant scanner on it, 12 million bounty in another system.  :cocktail:   

• Like 1