Audi RS3 2015 -Anticipate some detail on price and spec soon. Delivery due mid 2015

vrskeith

All part of the Launch Marketing then:http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/advertising-promotion/promoted-audi-rs3-gets-sideways-anglesey

Knew I was missing something, my Aviators!!

Must remember when I go for the Test Drive.

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

Guess JoseDB will be our member who is 1st to physically have his day to day experience of the RS3 shortly.Provided all his deals are done.

:http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/352308-mk3-octavia-vrs-tdi-dsg-estate-genuinely-fully-loaded/

So it will be interesting to read his review, living with the unleashed beast.

Not sure if it is July when he/wife take delivery of the Met Black M/C.

Yes.

People tend to like what they choose.

But ordering without test driving first when the last one wasn't very good is a bit brave?

In that situation do you own up if you don't like it as much as you hoped or just tell everyone how great it is?

• Like 1

The 335d is being replaced with the 340d in line with BMW's very logical badging nomenclature :D

Merc do the same. my previous 350 was a 3.0 litre and they also do 220s and 250s which are the same size engine. The next engine update of my BMW 135 (which is obviously a 3.0 litre :D  is reckoned to be a 140 (also a 3.0 litre and supposedly roughly the same power/torque numbers). Mind you BMW has also done the 318 which was a 2.0, the 123D which was a 2.0 litre and this eventually became the 125D  :D     Go figure

The ones that share the MINI Platforms, and Engines,

and now they do Front Wheel Drives that have AWD part time, 

as well as Rear Wheel Drives that have AWD part time.

Work that one out.

Soon even the 1 series will be FWD :( The M2 will be the last chance at bagging a proper quick RWD small BMW. mind you, if they can make a 4x4 work with entertaining handling, I guess I'll live :D Shame we lose the interesting engine though. Apart from the odd Scooby, the only hot hatch engine that will have that little bit of extra magic will be the 5 cylinder Audi. That's progress for you :(

I have driven the Series 2 Active Tourer X-Drive and liked it better than a MINI Countryman or Paceman.

I believe the new MINI Clubman coming out is to have the same Platform or much of it,

so hopefully a Big MINI sized MINI with AWD is coming, rather than just the Huge MINI AWD's

Confused even more.

Perhaps run your m135 in first? Haha

It's well past the minimum numbers for playing silly beggars :) I'd love a go in the RS3 though, just see how different it probably feels.

• Like 1

It's well past the minimum numbers for playing silly beggars :) I'd love a go in the RS3 though, just see how different it probably feels.

Occording to all the road tests (evo etc) and people on here that have driven it, yoi arent missing much

Merc do the same. my previous 350 was a 3.0 litre and they also do 220s and 250s which are the same size engine. The next engine update of my BMW 135 (which is obviously a 3.0 litre :D  is reckoned to be a 140 (also a 3.0 litre and supposedly roughly the same power/torque numbers). Mind you BMW has also done the 318 which was a 2.0, the 123D which was a 2.0 litre and this eventually became the 125D  :D     Go figure

I guess an ecu reprogramme and some new badges is cheaper than a new engine!

Some more material I was sent yesterday, from the Autocar review above - I don't think this link has been posted here as yet...

Audi RS3 on Anglesey race track :thumbup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhxsPkBPzLQ

Thanks guys, think both have been posted before, during the last few day. 

Cheers.