Audi RS3 2015 -Anticipate some detail on price and spec soon. Delivery due mid 2015

vrskeith

Appreciate your comments Boss but as seen above, a number of Briskoda members are considering the purchase of an RS3,so I thought they may be more up to speed on delivery than me.

But surely their info won't be any more reliable than your 'friend at the Audi dealer', who can (or should be able to) get it first hand?

Appreciate your comments Boss but as seen above, a number of Briskoda members are considering the purchase of an RS3,so I thought they may be more up to speed on delivery than me. 

Come on, you expect a couple of Skoda people who are thinking of buying an RS3 to know more than a whole forum of Audi and RS3 nuts including loads of people buying it?

You actually quoted a post from an Audi forum so are clearly on there.  Just ask!

• Like 1

But surely their info won't be any more reliable than your 'friend at the Audi dealer', who can (or should be able to) get it first hand?

Sorry Brimma, but Audi friend was up at the British GP, over the weekend and then has gone off on holiday for the week with his family. Giving the RS3 demo a good run out .

So as a friend I don't feel like interrupting his family break.

However, I'm sure I will have more up to date info next week on his return.

Come on, you expect a couple of Skoda people who are thinking of buying an RS3 to know more than a whole forum of Audi and RS3 nuts including loads of people buying it?

You actually quoted a post from an Audi forum so are clearly on there.  Just ask!

Boss,

I'm sure you know that Jose DB was the 1st Briskoda member to place an order for the RS3,so thought that his comments were a useful inside to any delivery shortfalls.

Was hoping that he would also read our Audi RS3 thread and would contribute, unfortunately he appears to have never done so.

May PM him, to find out first hand his status - unless of course you or others chose to do so prior to me.

Edited by vrskeith

Boss,

I'm sure you know that Jose DB was the 1st Briskoda member to place an order for the RS3,so thought that his comments were a useful inside to any delivery shortfalls.

Was hoping that he would also read our Audi RS3 thread and would contribute, unfortunately he appears to have never done so.

May PM him, to find out first hand his status - unless of course you or others chose to do so prior to me.

Maybe he gets his Audi RS3 info from the Audi RS forum rather than the Skoda biased one?

He was posting on the Audi forum last night in the RS3 section...

http://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?f=115&t=115525

Seems completely logical to me.

Question about RS3 delivery times -> Audi RS forum with lots of members ordering/buying -> Ask.

Probably better than relying on one or two members on this whole forum seeing a post and responding.

I did the looking at the RS3OC forum last week to see what the issue might be with the Suspension of Demonstrators 

being available, planned road test cancellations & Internet stories on Oil Issues,

but i was left none the wiser.

Silence on the subject from Motoring Jounalists, Professional Road Tester & Reviewers, 'insiders', Audi / VWG Employees and even forum users that maybe would know the full story.

so,, 

? Does anyone know were there issues, or was it a case of Road Testers, Journalists & Potential Buyers and Tyre KIckers 

thrashing them from the off, no oil warmed up, 

just out on the Public Highway and thrashing them.  New cars, not yet run in, Oil Levels maybe not checked between tests 

just given laldy from cold?

Like usually happens on Road Tests if the Media Launch Team are not Warming them up first.

?

So what was the Solution from Audi if there was one Required, 

a Remapping on the Engine Management / ECU.  Different Oil,  a Different Component at the Build Stage,

or instructions to check the Oil Level & warm the Road Test cars up before they are borrowed?

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

Maybe he gets his Audi RS3 info from the Audi RS forum rather than the Skoda biased one?

Question about RS3 delivery times -> Audi RS forum with lots of members ordering/buying -> Ask.

Probably better than relying on one or two members on this whole forum seeing a post and responding.

Contacted Jose via Briskoda PM, as I outlined I would earlier.

However, some of his reply is confidential and hence I can't post it here.

He is indicating an approx. build / delivery to be 5/ 6 months - from June 1st order date. on a fairly high spec car. (Oct /Nov if all goes well)

Got to keep the thread going somehow, Boss, I'm sure there are hundreds of Briskoda members chopping in their Fabia vRSs for a RS3 who are hanging on every update ;)

• Like 1

Audi RS3, Honda type R and Golf R spied up North in a Journo Review convoy trip.

I wonder what mag or paper that might be.

Look forward to their review.

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

Audi RS3, Honda type R and Golf R spied up North in a Journo Review convoy trip.

I wonder what mag or paper that might be.

Look forward to their review.

Mumsnet?

• Like 2

vrskeith,

you are just stirring the pot like is the norm for me.

You should be pleased if there are early snagging issues identified and then engineering resolves them in this 5 Cylinder car,

if it is an Oil issue.

that is before the ever getting around to revealing for sale a 400 ps 4 cylinder TSI.

It is hard to see how Audi / VWG could co,ck up such a hyped models launch if they have had to suspend Test Drives over an engine issue.

If they have, then they have exceeded previous failures.  

Salesman today glossed over the oil issue today with me and brought a NEW problem on the table, with AIRBAG problem - his very brief comment to me. WTF, are they telling the truth, covering up the real issue or what ! Not a good start in my view.

Audi cs uk , you, your engineers and sales staff need to sing off the same hymn sheet and be open and honest with potential CUSTOMERS!

Edited by vrskeith

It really only matters to those that have ordered one or are going to buy one, 

then surely Audi UK Customer Services will be honest and upfront and say what snagging issues there are now before they have the car delivered.

Vorsprung Durch Technik

'Learn from past failures of trying to cover up any issues and come clean sooner rather than when BBC Watchdog has to reveals all'

• Like 1

Had to smile at 2.40 where she says she would prefer the Golf R or M135i :-)

The general consensus seems to be that there are cheaper cars out there that are more fun.

And better value while still being very quick.  Just not quite as quick.

I'm sure people that buy them will love them, as they have made the decision and pulled the trigger.

But Audi made a big deal of it not being like the last RS3, quick and a bit boring.  Yet it's clearly not moved as far away from the previous model as we were led to believe.  Sadly.

The icing on the slightly boring cake is the engine and exhaust noise. But it's not enough to make you want to live with it long term.

IMO of course. :D

• Like 1

The general consensus seems to be that there are cheaper cars out there that are more fun.

And better value while still being very quick. Just not quite as quick.

I'm sure people that buy them will love them, as they have made the decision and pulled the trigger.

But Audi made a big deal of it not being like the last RS3, quick and a bit boring. Yet it's clearly not moved as far away from the previous model as we were led to believe. Sadly.

The icing on the slightly boring cake is the engine and exhaust noise. But it's not enough to make you want to live with it long term.

IMO of course. :D

Whilst I haven't yet driven one (yet), the more I read about the new RS3, the more I am being dissuaded to get one. Sad times :(

Whilst I haven't yet driven one (yet), the more I read about the new RS3, the more I am being dissuaded to get one. Sad times :(

Your current car is more fun and almost as quick, while being noticeably cheaper.

I would swap a Golf R I already had for an RS3.  Unless you have to have the RS badge for some reason.

• Like 1

Your current car is more fun and almost as quick, while being noticeably cheaper.

I would swap a Golf R I already had for an RS3. Unless you have to have the RS badge for some reason.

Thing is I wanted it to be much better than it is being reported.

As it stands I need another car in 12 months, & being the person I am, choosing the same car twice isn't an option :D

edit: hit the post button before finished, doh!

Thing is I wanted it to be much better than it is being

Me too, I was underwhelmed.

However, if you go there expecting it to be a bit crap you might actually be pleasantly surprised.

Reverse hype. :D

Even comparing Audi with Audi my S3 works out cheaper by £16k to that of the RS3 of my spec

Madness

A deal on a Audi S7 at the moment is only -

£3k + 23 x £329.99+vat.

Which works out cheaper than the RS3.

Thats a 450ps V8 twin turbo with adjustable air suspension, yum :)

• Like 3

A deal on a Audi S7 at the moment is only -

£3k + 23 x £329.99+vat.

Which works out cheaper than the RS3.

Thats a 450ps V8 twin turbo with adjustable air suspension, yum :)

Some of the big Audis have crazy deals on them.

Mostly the low volume stuff.

I got 35% off the list price of my A8, a whopping £25,000 discount.

Helps with the depreciation a bit.

Paid less for it than the RS3 spec I wanted...

• Like 2