What annoyed you today at work?

Hyphons

The **** who nicked a brand new £10 designer bag worth about £40 and the fact none of my ****ing staff no how to keep an eye on stuff, it's not like it wasn't ****ing small, I will ****ing break the next person I see stealing, ****s me right off

• Like 1

Gosh - don't get your knickers in a twist :P

Seriously though that doesn't sound very good - stealing is bad enough but from a charity shop? hmm

Gosh - don't get your knickers in a twist :P

Seriously though that doesn't sound very good - stealing is bad enough but from a charity shop? hmm

Mate we get it all the time, I have gotten used to it, just peeves me off when something valuable is nicked

Being brought in on a large procurement project last minute and expected to do a months work in 2 days when I'm out the office for those two days.

Ain't happening.

Having a complaint made against me which is utter bull****, hopefully the CCTV will show this.  :dull: Proper ****ed off. 

On the bus?

Will be great to prove them wrong if cctv shows it up....

• Like 1

Yup. Wont go into too much detail but people stood at bus stop, I pull up, drop off, wait a few seconds, they were just stood chatting. I pull away and they wait till I'm going before banging on the window, I obviously cant stop half way onto a main road so carried on. CCTV should prove it all, just frustrating that people actually complain about stuff when they're clearly in the wrong. 

• Like 1

Yup. Wont go into too much detail but people stood at bus stop, I pull up, drop off, wait a few seconds, they were just stood chatting. I pull away and they wait till I'm going before banging on the window, I obviously cant stop half way onto a main road so carried on. CCTV should prove it all, just frustrating that people actually complain about stuff when they're clearly in the wrong. 

I had the same this week on a school run, no-one told me a new kid started in mid-term and I'm on a rural route with several buses crossing paths going to different local schools.

I see a girl stood on the wrong side of the road, looked hard at her, she looked at me, I slowed right down still looking at her, she looked away, so I hesitated and carried on.

Of the 12 other kids on the bus, not one said a word, pulled up 100yds further on to pick up the next kid, she had not moved or reacted in this time....

Get to the school and her mother gets on bus and tells me I missed her daughter.....explained the above and all was ok, but annoying all the same.

Hope it sorts; people are daft-they need to make it clear they want to get on.

• Like 1

Urgh, thats annoying, it does seem to be accuse first then say sorry later in our line of work. A while back I was getting killed and running about 15 min late, just ahead of the one behind. As I passed a stop a guy come running round the corner tapping his watch and giving me a load of abuse, I assume because he thought I was the one behind running early. I had a quick 'chat' with him when we got to the city and the bus behind was running with me. Was quick to say sorry then lol. Never mind...

• Like 1

Seeing as no one knows where I work, the possibility of being made redundant in 3 weeks

Aw balls man, that is ****!!

• Like 2

It's a lot of worse than I make it sound, but I can't say anymore really

Not much help to you mate, but I've lost my job several times and each time found a better job.

Looking back now, I can't understand how I did some of the cack jobs I used to do.

• Like 1

Finding that the project manager on one of the jobs we are working on has dumped time on our teams codes and eaten 15% of out total budget for the work (despite contributing absolutely nothing to our deliverables).  He's a regular at this but then has the cheek to have a go when we overspend by the amount he's booked (because we budgeted it correctly and control our costs).  Unfortunately he's so daft he doesn't seem to understand the point we're making when it gets raised...

Bank holiday Monday had a standing load due to them 3 cruise ships in the bay, see a woman with a crutch throw it in the air after i left a stop so i slowed and shunted forward to let her on knowing she won't have anywhere to sit but give her the option anyway because i knew the service was slow that day and every bus would have been the same. So she gets on saying something i can't quite make out she's mumbling so she walks up-to my cab and just stares at me, so i ask have you got a pass, she replied no. I said so thats £2.20 to which she replies, no I'm going to town ill get my pass there. I said ok you'll be walking to town because no one gets on for free unfortunately. 

She then go's on to explain her life story to which i reply you either pay or you'll have to leave the bus because i have 90+ people on the bus including wheel chair user prams everything you can think off i had, and they where all waiting. So she thinks she can talk her way around me. I stop her mid sentence and remind her again that she's not getting on for free because that would be unfair on all the other passengers who has paid, again she carries on talking as if I'm going to let her. I start to get ****ed off so hit the engine kill switch and politely tell her i can sit here all day because unlike her i am getting payed double time and paid Lieu day (equating to triple pay).

She doesn't get the message so i tell her my only other option is to call the police and they will come and remove her. After thats he tells me she is a disabled person and is also an Asylum seeker and i should let her on because she come from down London and again repeated she is disabled. I made he aware that to qualify for free travel as a disabled person she would need a disabled pass (orange ENTC pass) and if she was in London she would have had one of them that she could also use up here. She further tried to blag she was going to get one from the travel office in town to which i replied its bank holiday and it was shut and its irrelevant if she was to travel then she would have to pay simple really.

ONE final bid of trying to get something of free she said can you just take me to the next stop, i politely declined because again travel one stop or 20 its a flat fare and by now i was hacked off. 

Needles to say she waddled off the bus calling me a ****** and all the names under the sun. 

Moral of the story, don't stop ATALL after leaving the stop. (UNLESS SHE HAS A REAL FIT ASS)

• Like 4

I'm in an open shop, with plenty of space around me, installing a fixture near the queue. You want to join the queue, but the next space is about where I am standing.

Can you not just stand two feet to the left, or further back, do you really have to stand an inch from my elbow?

What makes it more fun is the metalwork I'm anchoring my stand to isn't straight, so I'm clearly having to apply some abuse to make everything fit.

The phrase 'you can stand there if you like sir, but I really can't guarantee this stand won't fall off' got used.

I'm in an open shop, with plenty of space around me, installing a fixture near the queue. You want to join the queue, but the next space is about where I am standing.

Can you not just stand two feet to the left, or further back, do you really have to stand an inch from my elbow?

What makes it more fun is the metalwork I'm anchoring my stand to isn't straight, so I'm clearly having to apply some abuse to make everything fit.

The phrase 'you can stand there if you like sir, but I really can't guarantee this stand won't fall off' got used.

Some people have no concept of personal space and it really grinds my gears. 

The thing is, half the time, it looks to be working blokes who do it. Seriously, if I were on their site and did it, what would they say?

Most of them are bodge builders anyway so perfection is not a trait of theres haha :D

• Like 1