What annoyed you today at work?

Hyphons

Bloody great bluebottle buzzing around.

I've taken a few swipes at him with a ruler but I was at risk of decapitating my co-workers.

• Like 1

Well as I expected today was a ****. First trip this morning was rubbish, lots of people looking for the extra 10p in their bags for 1/2/3 min at a time soon adds up, especially when I have the slowest bus in the world. So frustrating, I need decent tools to do a decent job! Come off 25 min late so had to go back out late, took over next bus about 10min down but thankfully it was a decent one so made my time up easily. 

Cushy day tomorrow so hopefully be better. 

Well as I expected today was a ****. First trip this morning was rubbish, lots of people looking for the extra 10p in their bags for 1/2/3 min at a time soon adds up, especially when I have the slowest bus in the world. So frustrating, I need decent tools to do a decent job! Come off 25 min late so had to go back out late, took over next bus about 10min down but thankfully it was a decent one so made my time up easily. 

Cushy day tomorrow so hopefully be better. 

I spent half of yesterday hanging around* in the total delight that is Heathrow West Ramp Coach Park, finally getting in at 2230 and then starting again dead on 9 hours later at 0731 this morning.

That place really is the armpit of the world, a god forsaken expanse of oil stained tarmac, ringed in heavy duty fencing, with air heavy with the heady fumes of jet fuel from the adjacent runways and the delightful aromas of old bus engine fumes, sweaty drivers and toilet drop stations.  Coupled with the foulest driver's area outside the developing world, humming toilets and wonderfully friendly, happy and over-helpful staff, it really is any bus driver's tourist destination.

* the organiser had not told us that the pick up involved two flights, with one person (a teacher) coming in separately: she had landed the same time as the kids but after 30 phone calls and three hours of waiting for her to arrive at terminal 4 from terminal three, I was told by dispatch to leave her and set off.  What a farce.

The fool escaped from paradise....(Herefordshire)

• Like 1

I answer the phone to something along the lines of:

"hello, I am from Windows. Are you aware that your pc has been sending us error and warning messages for the past 1-2 weeks?"

"Are you aware that you have called a business?"

"Mumble... Dial tone"

What annoyed me? (besides the obvious)

I'm the only one answering the phone at the moment, and I have things to do, instead of keeping them on the line and stopping them pulling this crap with someone else.

I really hate this. I had anan older relative who fell foul of this. Called me up after giving a card number and then asking if they would give her a couple days to think about it.

My response was call your bank and warn them...

Edited by spgSCOTT

I answer the phone to something along the lines of:

"hello, I am from Windows. Are you aware that your pc has been sending us error and warning messages for the past 1-2 weeks?"

"Are you aware that you have called a business?"

"Mumble... Dial tone"

Next time, lead them on a bit and then say, "Aw it doesn't work, I need the IP address of your firewall before I can change mine to let you in to fix it".

If they'll tell you it (number string a bit like this 88.80.191.226 - that's the briskoda one)

Then post it here.

I know some people :devil:

These spammers never call me :'(

And back OT....

It's soo hot :sweat:

Edited by Aspman

Next time, lead them on a bit and then say, "Aw it doesn't work, I need the IP address of your firewall before I can change mine to let you in to fix it".

If they'll tell you it (number string a bit like this 88.80.191.226 - that's the briskoda one)

Then post it here.

I know some people :devil:

These spammers never call me :'(

And back OT....

It's soo hot :sweat:

This - was too hot to sit in a building with no aircon. Worse still that we are in a building with glazed sides and on the top floor so the heat hits the windows and rises so if you dare to open your window there is a good chance that you will end up hotter. :whew: :whew: :whew:

There is the slightest of breezes but all it is doing is messing up my paperwork! :swear:

Needing :beer: :beer: :beer:

Yesterday 35 degrees in my bus, 4 tiny slither of windows open and that's it, 40 odd people on too. I literally bought 2 bottles of water, one to drink and one to pour over me.

I'm just getting ready for today, couldn't sleep all night because there was some kinda police chase going on, helicopters, sniffer dogs etc right outside the house. Gonna be another long day!

• Like 1

Walk into office to hear that we are paying for somebody to get a taxi to a very close event.....because he.might get lost walking.

Print him a bl**dy map!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yesterday 35 degrees in my bus, 4 tiny slither of windows open and that's it, 40 odd people on too. I literally bought 2 bottles of water, one to drink and one to pour over me.

I'm just getting ready for today, couldn't sleep all night because there was some kinda police chase going on, helicopters, sniffer dogs etc right outside the house. Gonna be another long day!

What you driving ? i maybe able to help with a aircon trick?

What you driving ? i maybe able to help with a aircon trick?

Mainly Scania Solars, Wright Cadets & some VDL Pulsars that we got from your ends. None of them have got Aircon :sweat: My one yesterday had a fake leather seat though so I just poured water over me all afternoon then dried it when I finished :D 

Mainly Scania Solars, Wright Cadets & some VDL Pulsars that we got from your ends. None of them have got Aircon :sweat: My one yesterday had a fake leather seat though so I just poured water over me all afternoon then dried it when I finished :D

Our whole fleet is air-con equipped, bar one old Renault Master which is breezy along our lanes anyway-no traffic round here  :D

My 516 Sprinter bus for tomorrow, instead of being outside my house tonight, is still at the yard-having the air-con serviced and re-gassed-it was ICE COLD last few days, but they maintain them under contract.

When left in the sun all day, I start it up, do the tacho, walk away, have a cuppa and get back into arctic bliss  :sun:

Our whole fleet is air-con equipped, bar one old Renault Master which is breezy along our lanes anyway-no traffic round here  :D

My 516 Sprinter bus for tomorrow, instead of being outside my house tonight, is still at the yard-having the air-con serviced and re-gassed-it was ICE COLD last few days, but they maintain them under contract.

When left in the sun all day, I start it up, do the tacho, walk away, have a cuppa and get back into arctic bliss  :sun:

:devil: Git. 35 degrees with the sun shining on a mobile greenhouse with 50 people on sounds much more enjoyable, doesnt it?  :D

We have the Wrightbus Pulsar Doubles and they have aircon but they removed the controls so you shut down the heater matrix and turn the blowers up on cold and it has to pass through the zircon :D

• Like 1

:devil: Git. 35 degrees with the sun shining on a mobile greenhouse with 50 people on sounds much more enjoyable, doesnt it?  :D

I've done my time on those....nothing like being broiled and then heckled by idiots  :dull: whilst in uniform and under time pressure

Now I just chill, take in the amazing scenery and work my way through my CD collection, in my shorts, summer shirt and shades.....but the money is  :thumbdown:

I was wondering

What sort of engines are in those kinda busses?

Obv theyre really under stressed so they run forever, but what kinda power do they actually put out?

Are they floored all the time? Always seems like they are?

I was wondering

Obv theyre really under stressed so they run forever, but what kinda power do they actually put out?

Depends on the bus, they're all different

Sprinters last forever if coachbuilt-one of ours on 600k and goes like new after a life of narrow lane thrashing!

• Like 2

Depends on the bus, they're all different

Sprinters last forever if coachbuilt-one of ours on 600k and goes like new after a life of narrow lane thrashing!

You've got a few sprinters up there if I'm thinking of company I think it is (top of the range supermarket shares the name)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was wondering

Varies with service buses, a little Optare Solo often have Merc engines, 4 cylinder 4.25 litre with 150bhp. A few have upgraded 6 cylinder Cummins motors, 6 litres I think with 200bhp. They go well, lovely and smooth too.

Larger buses range, 8-11 litres sometimes more, often 250bhp or so. They all go reasonably well when running as intended. We have some Enviros that are particularly quick when smashed, surprising when empty how quick they are. :D You could drive about in one not flooring it easily, once loaded up and running to a timetable though you are often using most of the power available.

• Like 1