What annoyed you today at work?

Hyphons

Someone in payroll has messed up and we have not been paid. Due to be paid now at 1 minute past midnight. Standing orders and mortgage due to come out tomorrow.

That would be on the verge of a severe disciplinary where I work...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not ****ed off, but amused - Getting the kit for a job that was planned for sunday/monday delivered today, and them wanting it done ASAP. No, sorry, it was delivered at your convenience, it will be installed at mine.

Someone in payroll has messed up and we have not been paid. Due to be paid now at 1 minute past midnight. Standing orders and mortgage due to come out tomorrow.

Think I'd be spending the shift on the phone re-arranging all my standing orders.

Calling on 3 clients (out of a total of 16 drops / pick-up) to collect, to be told "No, no-one here has rung for a collection", and confirming by checking their order book.

Dunno what has been going on in the office over the Bank Holiday weekend, but I could have driven about 40 miles less today and been home 1 1/2 hours earlier.

• Like 1

That happened earlier this year where I work.  The CEO sent out a message that anyone that needed bills paid should talk to their Exec Mgr and get him to pay it with the company CC for reimbursement later. Also, if that didn't work they would meet any penalty costs, interest, etc.   A pretty big call in a company of ~550.  We get paid fortnightly so possibly not a huge issue compared to those on monthly pays.

I got 'paid' yesterday and my sick pay was woefully short, as it was last month, usually a shortage is sorted out pretty quickly. After a rant for an hour on the phone to payroll, and Simon (bless him ) did his damndest to sort it out, it transpired my new tax code was all to ****.

Another hour on the phone to the tax office and it transpires that my new tax code means that  I am paying the maximum tax payable to any human on the planet, I must be a billionaire, I paid £1450 tax last month......A nice Welsh chappie sorted it out, and I 'should' get it all back next month. I wouldn't have noticed myself, it's a good job the mad wife controls my money.

Not a rant about work i suppose, but nearly the same thing.  

Well this was yesterday but I've been told I have no job after the end of this month. All the dairy cattle are going to an auction down south on the 20th and after that there's not enough work for both of us so no job. So next time you buy a liter of milk for 50p, it will be someone else's job. Got an interview to go to today anyway, one that has been found by my current boss. I'll see how it goes.

Well this was yesterday but I've been told I have no job after the end of this month. All the dairy cattle are going to an auction down south on the 20th and after that there's not enough work for both of us so no job. So next time you buy a liter of milk for 50p, it will be someone else's job. Got an interview to go to today anyway, one that has been found by my current boss. I'll see how it goes.

Sorry to hear it.

Yeah im sure many people would be happy to pay more for milk. Its one of the only things they would imo. Milks cheaper than water, its silly!

• Like 1

Sorry to hear it.

Yeah im sure many people would be happy to pay more for milk. Its one of the only things they would imo. Milks cheaper than water, its silly!

Yeah, cheaper than any other drink out their. And it costs double what the farmer gets to make it, so why should they keep cows? He's going into beef but his dad has been ill and a couple of other reasons mean he hasn't had time and money to go out and buy as many beef cattle as needed so there won't be enough work until winter at least. He's said get something, keep in contact and if whatever I get doesn't work out well get back to him in winter and there should be work.

• Like 1

Yeah, cheaper than any other drink out their. And it costs double what the farmer gets to make it, so why should they keep cows? He's going into beef but his dad has been ill and a couple of other reasons mean he hasn't had time and money to go out and buy as many beef cattle as needed so there won't be enough work until winter at least. He's said get something, keep in contact and if whatever I get doesn't work out well get back to him in winter and there should be work.

At least he seems to be being as fair as he can be about it. Still ****e though.

In reality i woukdnt care if all farm produce went up in price if it meant quality improvement in terms of end product and also improvement of income for those in the business..

• Like 1

Just had a week off with no real Internet access. So I have absolutely no idea what I will be walking back into on Monday and I'm not going to look at emails now even though I'm back at home. If I did I'd probably just end up getting wound up.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just had a week off with no real Internet access. So I have absolutely no idea what I will be walking back into on Monday and I'm not going to look at emails now even though I'm back at home. If I did I'd probably just end up getting wound up.

Yer still off until monday, umless your on call, so sod checking!!

Yer still off until monday, umless your on call, so sod checking!!

Yes, but I don't like walking into the office to find it's turned into a complete cluster ****.

Is that someone elses Rustler that they left upside down in the microwave without a plate, or is it yours and youre annoyed it fell over?

Me- having a contractor spend 2wks fixing a job they did badly, tothen turn around start the next phase in the exact same crappy way they did the first bit.. theyre not getting paid extra for fixing it, so why would you reduce your profit twice on the same job and risk being chucked out before you get finished????

Is that someone elses Rustler that they left upside down in the microwave without a plate, or is it yours and youre annoyed it fell over?

Me- having a contractor spend 2wks fixing a job they did badly, tothen turn around start the next phase in the exact same crappy way they did the first bit.. theyre not getting paid extra for fixing it, so why would you reduce your profit twice on the same job and risk being chucked out before you get finished????

It's mine lol, I place it upside down for unknown reasons :rofl:

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yes[emoji14]apprentice admin and then move onto level 5 management or something similar

Haven't posted in here since I changed jobs! This one really bugged me today.37c9e186a5516bee56d59cd4d78c6847.jpg

At first glance I would have thought that even McDonald's apprentices could get things better than that after three months training!

Or have I misunderstood the new job lol? ;-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The lone worker alarm going off saying that all is not well in one of the parts of site, so 5 of us firstaiders rush over to the spot to find nothing wrong. Go back to security to find all lone worker alarms still there :swear: So we now have to find out whether or not there is a fault in the system, to make sure it work's when it needs to.

Customer phoned yesterday and says she's got a problem, can I speak to her plumber. Plumber comes on the phone and tells me

[Him] "I've drained the system and replaced a radiator, and now when it's filled up the hot water isn't working."

[Me] "Yes?".

"What can I do to get it going again? Looks like it's airlocked because the heating is working."

"I don't really know. I have no idea what you've done or how the system is configured."

"It was working fine, but now it just won't circulate. There's water in the system but ..." and waited for my answer...

"I have no idea why it's not working, because I didn't drain it down and change things. If you have an airlock then you'll need to clear it, but I don't know where the problem will be because I don't know the system. I just service the boiler once a year!"

"Okay, I'll have another go. Thanks."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today my customer phones and says

[Her] "Steve couldn't get the hot water working last night. Can you stop in later this week and sort it please?"

[Me] "It's not something I can help with. I don't do plumbing, just the boiler service as and when."

"I'll happily pay you."

"It's nothing I can help with. You have a plumbing problem not a boiler problem, so you need a plumber to sort it out, someone like Steve."

"Well, he's stuck and can't fix it. When can you pop in?"

[Me - rather shortly] "I don't do plumbing, and I don't fix other plumbers **** ups. I have no equipment to flush systems or remove air locks etc. because that's the scope of a plumber and his job. I service and repair boilers. I suggest you look for a more competent plumber."

[Her- very tersely] "Big Thanks! See you sometime."

• Like 1

Off sick today as I came down with something on the weekend and my workplace struggle to manage without me so was in Mon-Tue. So I have been phoned every hour by my manager asking me simple things that he should now about his job, like how to book a forwarder  :wall:  what staff should be doing, where are we at with orders.  :dull: I told him on his last phone call that I'll be in tomorrow because I don't like working from home.