new feature, simply clever ;)

Ajw1100,

Here's my video about how it works (if you don't press anything).

You still have the sensor display in smaller size while reversing. I have only rear sensors but I am sure you will see all of yours.

You can switch between this mixed display and the full screen sensor display while reversing.

This video is more detailed. :)

Edited by aki78

If anyone is interested...crimp terminal alternative of the repair wire (000 979 009):

Tyco/Amp/TE Connectivity

963715-1

Much cheaper and VAG uses the same.  :)

Edited by aki78

If anyone is interested...crimp terminal alternative of the repair wire (000 979 009):

Tyco/Amp/TE Connectivity

963715-1

Much cheaper and VAG uses the same.  :)

Err, excuse ignorance but what it that bit for, where does it go and what does it do?

I see on the Videos there is a rear camera with wash and go facility, which one is that and is it a straight replacement, link anyone?

the connectors are to make up the cable for the back of the unit in the glove box, I got mine from the link to a german shop on ebay but the new link is UK so may be better. you need 2 to make up the cable but you can only get them in a batch of 10, I did mess one up so was good I had some spares.ajw1100 I know you are not that near but if you need a hand and fancy a short (ish) trip happy to help.

John

Thanks John.

Your right I'm no where near yet, still in the 'find out more info' frame of mind, but thanks for your offer, I will certainly keep that in mind. Might make a day of it and take the Mrs out and just 'drop by' sort of. Mind you she'd smell a rat if I did that!!

Time for more digging.......

Found this:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-4G-Wireless-receiver/1851138866.html

Is the above compatible with the camera below, and is the camera/housing a direct replacement, no hacking or modifying? The above remote is a lot cheaper than the one shown in the ad for other items in the ad below. Can't say if they are the same or why the price difference.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151800614994?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Which camera has the water cleaning facility?

John.

Would it be possible to upload a pic of the cable/connector make up as in post 177/179? if not, okay, don't make work for yourself! Just trying to see what is involved and what needs to be done.

did not take a pic of this bit but if you look at post #23 you can see the blue connector that you pop out of the shell and add in your two new wires.

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

First of all,you need to make sure you get one with NTSC video output

Second, it will only work while in reverse = useless

Unless a secondary switch (maybe via the remote) and be used to change the display as if in reverse (shouldn't be that difficult depending on which power source is selected.)?

@Trust2k

Didn't find this being anywhere answered.. I have Octavia 3 Ambition, with Bolero MIB2. If I install this camera (HighLine) without control module, will it still work (without dynamic lines functions of course!)?

@farokinha

DIY for the Camera

Did you again made a summary.

Yes it works !

This is a low camera with static lines, like the original Skoda low camera.

Do you want to install a high camera?

No actually static lines would work for me, but I find washer function quite nice. Whats your experience with camera getting dirty?

Poslano z mojega SM-G925F z uporabo Tapatalk

I can also confirm a sucesfull retrofit of rear-view cam, the one from link in post #188, on a MIBII Bolero. It's a 5TA827566B with washing nozzle, I'm only waiting for the "Y" piece to arrive so I can complete setup and have the washing function.

On my camera-handle there were three wires for the power. Red wire for permanent +12V, black for ground and brown for "reverse" +12V signal (taken from reverse light).

Thanks to everybody who contributed here, at most to @Trust2k.

Poslano z mojega SM-G925F z uporabo Tapatalk

Edited by milanj

• 4 weeks later...

@aki78

Q1= yes you can install any camera with a Composite Signal (FBAS) to Pin 6 & 12

Maybe you must update the Amundsen for a transparent PDC Screen on the right side, that the same problem with the Columbus < SW0292.

Q2= the guidance lines are integrated in the camera.

But important !! The Infotainment System must be integrated the Handfree-Modul! 

You can coding the 5F, but you have no Video In port without a Handsfree Modul.

sorry for such a question but Handsfree-Modul means Bluetooth? I have MIB1 Bolero without BT (O3 MY2014) and I guess that I have no chance for camera working with my Bolero?

I have access to VCDS and I'd like to give thie rear view camera install a go. Can anyone help me by confirming that the components below are what I need/will work?

Camera option 1 (wired so will not require wifi kit)

Camera option 2 (would use wifi kit with this)

Camera option 3 (may or may not use wifi kit with this)

Wifi kit

Connectors for rear of glovebox unit

Some questions:

I will measure my boot release handle tonight, but does anyone know if the above cameras will fit without any cutting or modification?

I assume both cameras above retain the boot release mechanism?

My reverse and number plate lights are already coded to LED's so that's sorted. Just need to code the 'Handsfree-Modul'

Thanks in advance!

sorry for such a question but Handsfree-Modul means Bluetooth? I have MIB1 Bolero without BT (O3 MY2014) and I guess that I have no chance for camera working with my Bolero?

Yep, according to Trusk2K the factory BT module is a must... :(

• Like 1

I have access to VCDS and I'd like to give thie rear view camera install a go. Can anyone help me by confirming that the components below are what I need/will work?

Camera option 1 (wired so will not require wifi kit)

Camera option 2 (would use wifi kit with this)

Camera option 3 (may or may not use wifi kit with this)

Wifi kit

Connectors for rear of glovebox unit

Some questions:

I will measure my boot release handle tonight, but does anyone know if the above cameras will fit without any cutting or modification?

I assume both cameras above retain the boot release mechanism?

My reverse and number plate lights are already coded to LED's so that's sorted. Just need to code the 'Handsfree-Modul'

Thanks in advance!

I vote for camera3 (good feedbacks and wide viewing angle, like the original). I would order the SONY wired option. This will fit if you have the bigger boot handle (no need to cut). Fixing is different from the original (with screws), but this can be easily solved. Just check this link.

I saw some feedbacks on AliExpress about camera1 and the viewing angle is not so great. You won't see your bumper. Also the camera housing looks ugly, it's too big.

Direct wiring is better IMHO than the wireless option. You can easily hide the wire in the cabin.

I would suggest to feed the camera from one of the reversing lights. This will prevent overheating of the camera and it's voltage converter. You'll need to code the reversing lights to LED to get pure DC.

Terminals are OK. :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm struggling. :(

Installed the camera, changed the coding, thought I had everything connected correctly (took positive and negative from the rear wiper), and then I got the following when selecting reverse:

post-61800-0-24619700-1471893126_thumb.jpg  post-61800-0-15679900-1471893147_thumb.jpg

A scan reveals the following:

Monday,22,August,2016,19:40:27:18343

VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 7 x86

VCDS Version: 16.8.0.3

Data version: 20160803 DS255

www.Ross-Tech.com

Address 10: Park/Steer Assist (J446)       Labels: 5Q0-919-283.clb

Part No SW: 5Q0 919 283 F    HW: 5Q0 919 283

Component: PARKHILFE 4K  H10 0054 

Revision: --------    Serial number: 39291610604280

Coding: 0001150011

Shop #: WSC 73430 031 12345

ASAM Dataset: EV_EPHVA14AU3700000 002024

ROD: EV_EPHVA14AU3700000_SK25.rod

VCID: 3C7C2618B72C00A2BC-8068

Address 5F: Information Electr. (J794)       Labels: 3V0-035-MIB-STD2.clb

Part No SW: 5Q0 035 874 A    HW: 5Q0 035 874 A

Component: MU-S-ND-ER    H25 0245 

Serial number: SKZAZ2S5040473

Coding: 03735201FF00000011111201008800002F0201D601208100C6

Shop #: WSC 73430 790 00063

ASAM Dataset: EV_MUStd4CTSAT 001022

ROD: EV_MUStd4CTSAT_SK26.rod

VCID: 326008206568C6D266-8066

6720 - Rear View Camera

B1102 31 [009] - No Signal

Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear

Freeze Frame:

Fault Status: 00000001

Fault Priority: 3

Fault Frequency: 1

Reset counter: 236

Mileage: 6535 km

Date: 2016.08.22

Time: 19:17:24

Voltage terminal 30: 12.1 V

What have I done wrong?! 

Thanks in advance...

The headunit probably needs a (force) reboot. Press and hold the POWER button for 15-20 secs.

Fault code is interesing, what byte/bit did you change?