Moments of joy in your day today

mender

Yeah Jays are great looking birds but very shy and easily scared...    my mum has a couple of them that visit her garden regularly but she has similar problems watching them.

1 minute ago, Wino said:

I love Springers, the very embodiment of 'joie de vivre'.

They're lovely dogs. Mine is absolutely nuts! :D

236501314_353798763083488_3926985483539895981_n.thumb.jpg.d0af8883059c10f00c6a532a4d55abed.jpg

245813607_213907997506611_2759671274655829678_n.thumb.jpg.3c539147602676e15e10191634b7927e.jpg

And one with the blackbirds in the tree...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Had a particularly good day even if having the cold is bringing me down a bit. Going to see the Jesus and Mary Chain at the Barrowlands in Glasgow with a friend. Got new metal pedal covers added to the Fabia too. I'm still "crabbit as sin", as they say in my part of the world, but a little more cheery. :D

• Like 2

Fitted the front speakers with my Grampa today for the little Fabia. Quite labour intensive. Glad to be in the warmth now with a cup of tea in my Big Country mug, the dressing gown on, and Phil Collins on the personal stereo. :)

Edited by AnnoyingPentium
Spelling errors etc.
  • Like 3

On 21/10/2021 at 21:59, AnnoyingPentium said:

Had a particularly good day even if having the cold is bringing me down a bit. Going to see the Jesus and Mary Chain at the Barrowlands in Glasgow with a friend. Got new metal pedal covers added to the Fabia too. I'm still "crabbit as sin", as they say in my part of the world, but a little more cheery. :D

Metal pedal covers from a vRS are a nice touch. I had them on my MkI 1.9TDi. 

• Like 1

Just now, @Lee said:

Metal pedal covers from a vRS are a nice touch. I had them on my MkI 1.9TDi. 

When I saw that the vRS had them I was like "well there goes more money" :D*. I don't plan on vRS-ifying my 1.2 at all either, I'm more aiming for some kind of Sport/Ambiente mashup with some nice extras to help me get to grips with doing simple things around the car. :)

*only eleven quid though, so I cannot complain.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

When I saw that the vRS had them I was like "well there goes more money" :D*. I don't plan on vRS-ifying my 1.2 at all either, I'm more aiming for some kind of Sport/Ambiente mashup with some nice extras to help me get to grips with doing simple things around the car. :)

*only eleven quid though, so I cannot complain.

vRS-ifying can be pricey! I did a fair bit to my non vRS. Remap to 154bhp, Polo seats, vRS door cards, OE sat nav, Octavia rims and the elusive OE GT front bumper trim.
I still miss that car. 😞 
gallery_73816_2063_113089.thumb.jpg.7dfdaed459161d817216a28dbf82652f.jpg

• Love it! 1

1 minute ago, @Lee said:

vRS-ifying can be pricey! I did a fair bit to my non vRS. Remap to 154bhp, Polo seats, vRS door cards, OE sat nav, Octavia rims and the elusive OE GT front bumper trim.
I still miss that car. 😞 
gallery_73816_2063_113089.thumb.jpg.7dfdaed459161d817216a28dbf82652f.jpg

I've seen the thread for yours I think. What a marvellous bit of kit though! Gives me inspiration for a purchase I may be making pretty soon for a long road trip next year. :D

• Like 1

a side step from the 'annoyed' thread....

shorter day than expected, still long enough though :D

8hrs 20 travel and 2hrs 40 on site(s) with the bonus that both vehicles at Letchworth were there at 11.30- expected back 1pm onwards and one didnt need anything doing as you can't alter what isn't there :thumbup:

• Like 3

Bought an Oak bedside table off FB Marketplace about 4 years ago, and never been able to find another one.

Lo-and-behold, one pops up today, about 20 minutes away and for a great price :D 

Picking it up today!

• Like 3

On 27/10/2021 at 21:44, AnnoyingPentium said:

Meant to be going a run in my car with some mates tomorrow and the Fabia has decided "nahhhhh, not happening". No lights on the dash and running like a bag of nails, but excellent clue as to what is going wrong. Shall report back, either from an AA wagon somewhere near Dumfries or from a different car. :D

I'm not looking for advice, just want to get that off my chest haha.

Quoting this from the other thread over to here to explain that my moment of joy today was that my car managed a 237 mile round trip (according to the computer) with only a couple of hitches despite being fully laden and having to be pushed hard as a result. It behaved much better today.

• Like 2

Listening to the GBX Anthems on West FM (only reason to listen anymore) and Obsession by Ultra-Sonic comes on. Day has been made. As of writing, we've got all the best of the 90s rave on now. I'm a happy chap, to say the least.

5 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Had a marvellous day. I got to see my Gran's new puppy, Archie. He's a border terrier.

249829764_607923840250801_4157276886985176298_n.jpg.ec9fff4dbb5c77e1608ddc49589bd641.jpg

Buster, our 13½ year old  reckons they get cuter with age... 

But then he may be biased...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Cakemonster said:

Buster, our 13½ year old  reckons they get cuter with age... 

But then he may be biased...

I require evidence :D.

This is my Gran's first Border Terrier, having had two westies beforehand.