Moments of joy in your day today

mender

10 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

They used to be the standard company laptop where I worked

We had them back at the school I went to and they were pretty reliable (T420 were the newest ones) even though the little brats pulled the keys off 'em. :D

3 minutes ago, olduns said:

and post an update on the welfare of the Condiment items who have had 16 months on their own 

Sounds like the Empire Biscuit I left in my drawer in my office for the entirety of lockdown! :D

• Haha 1

Well no squatters so that's a result 👍

Garden is OK considering it's been 18 months, apart from having the "grass" cut, Roses and Wisteria have gone mental though. 

The pic is of one length of Wisteria that was on the ground around the border. 

Cruets are all happy to see us 😁

IMG_20210929_163824.jpg

• Love it! 1

34 minutes ago, olduns said:

Cruets are all happy to see us

So, you didn't get a-salted, then?

On another note, as this post was made from outside the UK do we have to pay 20% VAT to read it?

Edited by MikeTheThinker
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, mac11irl said:

as a resident of the EU, i dont have to ;)

i also dont have to queue for diesel...

Contrary to EU press a lot of us in UK do not have to queue for fuel. i've got a picture in my head of a little boy, who after months of his parents stockpiling tins of food in his room ,meaning he has to use a ladder to get in his bed, now finds he cannot play with his model railway in the garage ,as the table is now propped high on fuel cans 😁

34 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

I didn't have to queue for petrol, as most of the petrol stations around here have simply shut the pumps off and covered them in bollards and zebra tape...looks like a crime scene tbh 

It is a crime scene if you follow my drift.

1 hour ago, VWD said:

i've got a picture in my head of a little boy, who after months of his parents stockpiling tins of food in his room ,meaning he has to use a ladder to get in his bed, now finds he cannot play with his model railway in the garage ,as the table is now propped high on fuel cans

Something like this comes to mind ...

tossers queueing.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Filling out my Aviva online survey about why I didn't renew my car insurance with them... Q1  "Would I recommend Aviva to a friend? " 

(They quoted 27% more than last year, then as a new customer, quoted 38% lower than that)

2 hours ago, Cakemonster said:

Filling out my Aviva online survey about why I didn't renew my car insurance with them... Q1  "Would I recommend Aviva to a friend? " 

(They quoted 27% more than last year, then as a new customer, quoted 38% lower than that)

they did the same thing to me in June, and then wouldnt issue me a business use indemnity letter so i had to move anyway, even after they said theyd honour the new customer rate... muppets..

3 hours ago, Cakemonster said:

That is nothing short of disgraceful. 

On 30/09/2021 at 15:58, Cakemonster said:

I never respond to surveys. I just ask the meerkats and they always find me a cheaper quote with another broker . i'm always amazed that every time the insurer is the same company. I suspect "brand new customer" policy. if so I'm not ashamed to be a new customer elsewhere. Brokers loss is my gain.