Moments of joy in your day today

mender

That dust coat looks brand new, George - it's still got it's fresh from the packet creases in it :D

IS there some Italian in your family? 

Edited by @Lee
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would have sworn that its your father and not you in the last photo of the set.

As a child you look just like me, identical hair, especially the hangy down bit pretending to be a sideburn before we grew facial hair!

I guess most of the barbers cut kids hair like that in those days.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mickvrs220 said:

Old black and white photos are so much nicer than modern digital ones ,they seem to tell their own story about the times .

Agree 100%, and why I love using old manual focus Nikkor lenses from the late 1970s on my modern Nikon mirrorless camera. There's a character to them that the modern glass does not have.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Timely that you should speak of dogs and their in this case responsable owner just as I should post at my pleasure to have read an headline saying that dog owners in Beziers now have to have their dogs DNA tested (free of charge) to be able to walk them in the city centre.

Initially I thought it referred to the banned dangerous but sadly popular breeds which are often passed off as allowed breeds but no, its all about the dog poop problem shared by all of France, they are going to DNA test the dog poops that the municipal workers clear off the pavements every day, trace the owners and fine them!

The fine for walking a dog in the city centre that does not have its DNA registered is IIRC €60, the fine for not clearing up after it is €250.

The Maire of Beziers is a divisive figure and no doubt Lee will spend a happy day Googling him and the report back with his feelings but this strategy I think will be appreciated by all and spread.

• Like 3
  • Groan 1

20 minutes ago, J.R. said:

The Maire of Beziers is a divisive figure and no doubt Lee will spend a happy day Googling him and the report back with his feelings but this strategy I think will be appreciated by all and spread.

What makes you think I would give a flying fig about some Mayor in a place I've never heard of or are you just trying to provoke me?

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

Robert Menard - Figure emblématique de l'extrême droite

That's not an answer. All posts on Briskoda should  be made in English. It's in the Site Rules.

29 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

oh jaysus will ya shtop :D

LMAO here, I even read that in an Irish accent, how the F*** do you that but I did.🤣

Edited by Graham Butcher
  • Haha 4

On 01/05/2023 at 11:12, Gaz said:

Randomly coming across this YT video:

Because it features G999 PCD, a car I inherited in 2002 and owned for several years.  Lovely to see the old girl's still going 😎

It's made my day!

Gaz

I've just got an email from the current owner, who's coming down to Sussex in a couple of weeks for the next Mk2's Cruise.  He's suggested meeting up.

59 years old and I'm like an excited primary school kid! :blush  He knows the backstory, but I still might blub.  It's 21 years since my mate Larry died, and I still can't listen to Coldplay (played at his funeral) without welling up 🙄

Gaz