230 Bhp Vrs

the skoda uk website seems to have absolutley zero information on the VRS 230 (other than the price tag which makes my eyes water!) also the configurator isnt working for me - just says connection failed... so I cant run a spec...

I know what'll happen here....people will buy the 230 for the e-diff for SUK on the pretense its a limited run for Skoda to then offer a performance pack upgrade on the regular vRS down the line.

The diff will make a bit of difference but then the vRS TSi is larger and a bit less wieldy/chuckable than a Mk7 GTI so id say personally the regular car is better value for money for sure.

Edited by pipsyp

To be honest I was expecting a greater price hike on the vrs 230, but that could be because I remember the price hike on the mk1 wrc version vrs which was around £4 - 5K more than a standard octavia rs. If the UK car gets the extra equipment shown (click on pictures for more information) then it doesn't seem a bad purchase.

http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/models/octavia-rs-230/

so if I can just get this right - the vrs 230 is £2,250 more than standard but gives you the performance upgrade (£1,000), the black design pls package (£800), the electronic diff (thats not really a diff but just enhanced software) and a few other cosmetic details (black exhaust pipes and strapped down suspension lol) thats not too shabby for the price - If leather is included (doubtful) then its almost a no brainer - unless you really dont want the 19's

the skoda uk website seems to have absolutley zero information on the VRS 230 (other than the price tag which makes my eyes water!) also the configurator isnt working for me - just says connection failed... so I cant run a spec...

Just gad a look and the 230 isn't available on the configuration for either the estate or hatch, only the 220 and TDI

I had to register to this forum and correct little bit. RS 230 comes equipped with same VAQ diff as a Golf GTI PP and Seat Leon Cupra. Here in Finland if you select the same options into 220 hp version which comes as standard in 230 hp version you end up about same price but the RS 230 has VAQ and +10hp.

RS 220 TSI + DSG: 43 604,19 € (incl. VAT)

RS 230 + DSG: 43 458,66 € (incl. VAT)

Actually RS 230 is cheaper with same options equipped and has VAQ & +10 hp.

Edited by Devl

Welcome to the forum.

?

Can you now order a Mk3 Octavia RS 230 in Finland,

and when is the delivery going to be if ordered now?

Thank you.

Yes you can order. I've ordered mine at the beginning of May. Production week is confirmed to week 26/2015. It takes 2-4 weeks to arrive from the factory.

Thanks for that - thats great - 3 points I would like to make - 1st: there are only 4 colour options on the finnish config - can anyone confirm if that is going to be the same here? - 2nd: its looks like the finnish RS 230 comes with leather as standard - 3rd: HOLY CRAP thats expensive, €42,000+ with extras like canton sound, paint, spare tyre etc

Thanks for that - thats great - 3 points I would like to make - 1st: there are only 4 colour options on the finnish config - can anyone confirm if that is going to be the same here? - 2nd: its looks like the finnish RS 230 comes with leather as standard - 3rd: HOLY CRAP thats expensive, €42,000+ with extras like canton sound, paint, spare tyre etc

I think it's the same everywhere, only four colours available Moon White, Black Magic, Rio Red and Steel Grey (=Meteor Grey in UK). I ordered mine in Steel Grey.

Thanks to Finnish car taxes prices are high. For example stock Audi RS6 costs here 182 500 € and in UK it costs only £78 800 (=108 800 €).

Edited by Devl

Skoda UK appear to have ignored my tweet questioning whether or not they know when the 230 is coming to the UK.

they love our eagerness :)

but they're checking for an "official answer". 

• Like 1

I actually dont really understand why Skoda are *******ing about with a 230 variant.......they should put out an RS/vRS+ model with 265ps (or 280ps if allowed to really tread on Cupra/S3/R toes),VAQ, big rear brakes, better suspension and some improved spec for circa 28k....then Id be listening :-)

I actually dont really understand why Skoda are *******ing about with a 230 variant.......they should put out an RS/vRS+ model with 265ps (or 280ps if allowed to really tread on Cupra/S3/R toes),VAQ, big rear brakes, better suspension and some improved spec for circa 28k....then Id be listening :-)

I agree, but I prefer bigger front brakes :) and 20" wheels :D if they can fit them to an Astra :D

the VRS 230 makes sense, as the GTI has a performance pack option. A VRS+ with the 280-300bhp power level might well come about later in the mk3's life cycle maye around 2017/18. Its likely enough that the mk4 will be out around 2020 so a nice big finale of VRS300 would certainly send the mk3 off in style

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

I agree, but I prefer bigger front brakes :) and 20" wheels :D if they can fit them to an Astra :D

Official specs and photos of new Astra online today... nice looking car. Shame about the badge, it's regarded as Skoda was 20 years ago.

I've got bored of waiting.

I need to order a car today.  

No information available, and no idea when the information will be available, even though its obviously already being sold in other markets.  Skoda UK you really are crap.

I won't be ordering a 230.  Bye.

I've got bored of waiting.

I need to order a car today.  

No information available, and no idea when the information will be available, even though its obviously already being sold in other markets.  Skoda UK you really are crap.

I won't be ordering a 230.  Bye.

Clearly Skoda UK do know what's going on as they have the pricing details on the website, why someone just can't make a decision is beyond me. If they struggling putting it out into the dealer network then just use a select key dealers in strategic areas.

Safe to say if it was available today I would have fallen into the dealers this weekend whilst they are doing the current offers. There is probably some red tape as to why the UK is last to get it.