230 Bhp Vrs

Skoda Uk posted it on their Facebook page a couple of days ago. Didn't seem to know much about it themselves though and judging by the comments dealers still don't have a clue. So it is coming but nobody knows when and in what numbers!

We can only hope that they are delaying it until they've installed the 280 version of the 2.0TSi :D

One thing I don't get is the power rating of the TSI engine. I have seen people on here state that their 220 has been measured at producing up to around 240 powers. If that is correct does the 230 actually have any extra power?

Skoda Uk posted it on their Facebook page a couple of days ago. Didn't seem to know much about it themselves though and judging by the comments dealers still don't have a clue. So it is coming but nobody knows when and in what numbers!

I see that you seen my comment on Facebook it's really bad know one has a clue about the vRS 230 all I got for skoda UK is it coming sometime was going to switch my TDI vRS for one but at this rate the mk4 Octy will be out

The only way I'd consider anything more powerful that what I already have is if it were to come with 4WD, I feel that the current car offers me a satisfying blend of power, economy & handling, I don't think that there's any real outright benefit to having an extra 10bhp which by all accounts only gives you an additional 1 mph benefit which is nothing.

All that extra "10 bhp" will do is actively encourage insurance companies to hike their already expensive premiums even higher.

Sounds like what seat are doing with Cupra 280.....this is being 'replaced' by the cupra 290. No one knows if it is coming to the UK or if it is actually an upgrade or just a rebadge of the 280 as these seem to produce around 300hp anyway.

I see that you seen my comment on Facebook it's really bad know one has a clue about the vRS 230 all I got for skoda UK is it coming sometime was going to switch my TDI vRS for one but at this rate the mk4 Octy will be out

Flogging it again on Twitter with the same comments - it's coming, no more news, no more info, we're waiting for a launch date.

Washed and waxed RS 230 with Bilt Hamber Finis Wax last saturday . Loving the Steel Grey / Meteor Grey color! I think Skoda has updated Bolero/Canton sound system it sounds so much better than the MY14 VRS. I've done 2600 km now with RS 230 and no problems so far.  :clap:  :D

Edited by Devl
  • Like 1

Flogging it again on Twitter with the same comments - it's coming, no more news, no more info, we're waiting for a launch date.

All we can do is wait and see what happens I'm hoping it comes to UK around December time then I may order order one and get it for March

Washed and waxed RS 230 with Bilt Hamber Finis Wax last saturday . Loving the Steel Grey / Meteor Grey color! I think Skoda has updated Bolero/Canton sound system it sounds so much better than the MY14 VRS. I've done 2600 km now with RS 230 and no problems so far.  :clap:  :D

post some pics?  :)

Limited to 500 as well in the UK according to @SKODAUK Twitter feed.  I have just about given up on this model now.  For the money, I'll be seriously looking at a VW Golf GTI or the R (via Carwow). 

Limited to 500 as well in the UK according to @SKODAUK Twitter feed.  I have just about given up on this model now.  For the money, I'll be seriously looking at a VW Golf GTI or the R (via Carwow). 

just had a look and can't find any info?

Limited to 500 as well in the UK according to @SKODAUK Twitter feed. I have just about given up on this model now. For the money, I'll be seriously looking at a VW Golf GTI or the R (via Carwow).

Wouldn't consider a Cupra 280? Much more car for the money when compared to GTi.

Just like the limited number of Mark II Blackline's...

Just had this bulletin from Skoda UK;

'We are pleased to announce the introduction of a new and exclusive Octavia vRS 230. The production of this model is limited to 500 vehicles.

This model boasts an increased power output of 230PS and features an electro-mechanical front locking differential along with increased specification over the normal vRS. The first vehicles will be arriving in September, coinciding with the opening of ordering for customers.'

Standard specification will include;

19'' Xtreme Black alloy wheels

Amundsen satellite navigation system

Auto-dimming rear view mirror

Black design door mirrors and front grille

Black roof rails (Estate only)

Black gloss exhaust tailpipes with sports sound

Black decorative inserts

Black vRS badging on front and rear

Colour Maxi DOT trip computer with Lap Timer

Door sill trim with black vRS logo

Electric door mirrors with boarding-spots and memory function

Electrically adjustable driver's seat with memory function

Electro-mechanical front locking differential

Park assist

Sunset glass

vRS Sports seats in leather with red stitching

Heated front seats

Exclusive 230 decal on side sill

Octavia vRS 230

Recommended OTR

Hatch

2.0 TSI 230PS

£26,350.00

2.0 TSI 230PS DSG

£27,740.00

Estate

2.0 TSI 230PS

£27,550.00

2.0 TSI 230PS DSG

£28,940.00

:-)

• Like 2

Just remember you may find yourself paying a more hefty insurance premium on this for two reasons.

1. Limited Edition - Just as I did with a limited edition GSXR-1000.

2. The extra 10 bhp.

Insurers love these limited edition things, even though the changes will be minor, they just see it as a good way to give the premium a darn good hike! 

Just remember you may find yourself paying a more hefty insurance premium on this for two reasons.

1. Limited Edition - Just as I did with a limited edition GSXR-1000.

2. The extra 10 bhp.

Insurers love these limited edition things, even though the changes will be minor, they just see it as a good way to give the premium a darn good hike! 

DirectLine now have the 230 listed as a specific model - absolutely no change to quote from a "normal"vrs.  :dance: