What made you smile at work today?

Hyphons

Couple of days ago while I was delivering, pulled over to let an oncoming car pass through the narrow gap ahead of me. Happened to pull in next to an old lady. Next thing I know she's in the back of my car saying "thanks love". I turned around and said "...you know I'm not a taxi right?".

Whaa?

"Yeah I'm delivering pizzas... look there's some right next to you"

I'm so sorry! I was waiting for a taxi!

Couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the day. Serves me right for buying a black octavia rather than a blue one I suppose :D

• Like 3

Getting an email from the company gym saying that there will now be women only sessions (fair one) and men only sessions (huh?).

The gym manager told me she had been dreading sending this email but our HR team had insisted men had equality.

She sounded so wicked when telling me just how much feedback she had for HR. [emoji83]

A colleague who has a (mostly accidental) knack of winding me up, coming to me with a problem, listening to what I had to say and then dismissing it without thinking about it.

I went outside to buy a sandwich for lunch (fuming inwardly) and came back to my desk to find him waiting for me, to tell me I was right after all, quite graciously. :D

Magic-handshake truck doors!

"I've tried all the keys, and I can't unlock the cab."

"...it's not locked, you just have to..." *pulls hard on handle and holds it, thumps the door in one particular spot, and it springs open*

• Like 1

Oh dear, we've had a power cut since half ten, we have a major stock take today as well (count all the new goods) apparently it won't be back on until 7:30, guess that means we can't do stock take :( I am saddened by this

Going out with the boss in her new 4.2 Range Rover Vogue Autobiography. On getting onto the motorway she puts her foot down and it picks it feet up quite nicely indeed for a four ton tank. That made me smile.

She then says about the 'S' setting and how she is scared to select it in case it is too fast for her.

I couldn't persuade her to try it either. Sigh.

JRJG

• Like 1

Working in Stockport this morning, set off at 05:45 and thought I was enjoying the drive so checked the screen

Trip-S.jpg

Not bad for an "automatic oilburner"

Route

Trip1-S.jpg

Just love early mornings, good scenery and empty-ish roads..

Straight past my house!!!

Pressing the Start button on the vRS!

And seeing a yellow Ibiza Cupra fly past me on the M5 doing around 100 whilst I was doing a tad under 90 and laughing at me cos he overtook a vRS - he obviously didn't spot the unmarked dark blue Volvo estate that joined the motorway two minutes earlier.....until the blues came on and pulled him! :)

• Like 3

he obviously didn't spot the unmarked dark blue Volvo estate that joined the motorway two minutes earlier.....until the blues came on and pulled him! :)

No doubt it (the Volvo) also had extreme tinted windows to the rear so that you couldn't easily notice where the Stage 2 toys were kept? ;-)

Pressing the Start button on the vRS!

And seeing a yellow Ibiza Cupra fly past me on the M5 doing around 100 whilst I was doing a tad under 90 and laughing at me cos he overtook a vRS - he obviously didn't spot the unmarked dark blue Volvo estate that joined the motorway two minutes earlier.....until the blues came on and pulled him! :)

EXCELLENT.

I grinned today when I drove past another mk1 SE - only the fifth or so I've ever seen. The couple in it were smiling and waving at me as I did exactly the same thing in return. In the midst of the monotonous traffic there was a shared moment of happiness and joy. I must sound like a spiritual hippy. :peace:

JRJG

• Like 2

No doubt it (the Volvo) also had extreme tinted windows to the rear so that you couldn't easily notice where the Stage 2 toys were kept? ;-)

Or the driver was simply oblivious to everything as is often the case. Sadly it is often idiots like this that have the poorest observations skills.

Edited by kilted

Power update! Having to stay late due to counting all our stock, we also found out our emergency lighting only lasts for 7 hours! This is how we'll be working tonight, no torches just darkness

de6c77adefe487e25802ae76362b34d8.jpg

Haha you are lucky with the lighting, to meet standards they only have to stay on for 3 hours! Our factory ones last 10 minutes if you are lucky.

• Like 1

Booking in a busy looking may, after a quiet April. Two new clients on board, life is good.

Downside is a client deciding they want to pay 5 days later each month, putting them from a day before the fuel card to 4 days after.

Also, not getting a parking ticket.

My office is upstairs. I had a filing cabinet to go in, so I parked in the taxi rank outside, got my mate out of his shop. We took the cabinet up, moved a few bits about, got it sited. Had a bit of a chat, then the phone went, so I answered that, did an email, and got the feeling I'd forgotten something.

25 minutes after I parked up, I realised, legged it downstairs and put the car back in the yard.

The view from the 'office' window during an engineering test flight at 10,000ft. Can you see why I enjoy going to work? ;-)

image.jpg1_zpsqt3wtsdb.jpg

image.jpg3_zpst6gr5wzs.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsf214bmz0.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsfuq6rcd5.jpg

Nice office!

• Like 1