Recently Cleaned Thread

Coops

Watcher, Neil.

Hope you and yours are all well.

Great looking Superb...but then it always does.

Some nice new products there. (to me anyway)

Sad to hear about the collision with the deer...they certainly can cause lots of damage. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Best Regards

Mike.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hunty278 said:

Gave the Superb full decon and polish with School Concepts S30+ yesterday. Wiped down with AW Stripped Ease and given a layer of AW Enigma. Not great photos.

IMG_20170422_161435_zpszsuqm3kh.jpg

IMG_20170422_161452_zpsdhd0z3n2.jpg

IMG_20170422_161538_zpspvuouyzj.jpg

Hit a deer with the Focus though

IMG_20170422_161601_zpsktjy0dde.jpg

Nice work Neil - a busy day indeed - the Superb looking ace.

Shame about the incident in the Focus tho buddy.

On 15/02/2017 at 11:28, Gripper said:

28 minutes ago, samuir1974 said:

Nice work Neil - a busy day indeed - the Superb looking ace.

Shame about the incident in the Focus tho buddy.

10 hours ago, mandp said:

Watcher, Neil.

Hope you and yours are all well.

Great looking Superb...but then it always does.

Some nice new products there. (to me anyway)

Sad to hear about the collision with the deer...they certainly can cause lots of damage. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Best Regards

Mike.

Thanks Gents, She still comes up well. A good few hours well spent!

Yeah, It's a shame about the Focus. I'll get it sorted soon, but it seems to be one thing after another at the minute. Peaks and troughs I guess. 

1 hour ago, KarlvRS1991 said:

Helped a friend out last week. Ste has Limited time to spend on the .:R36 so offered to spend all afternoon on it.

Finished up with two coats of Defintive Wax Cora, BSD on the wheels are these are already sealed & FK1000P on the wheels. 

Inside got a thorough clean with carpets, foot mats & seats hoovered, leather cleaned & inside fogged.  

I do love this car as Ste well knows! I just happened to have the afternoon off & the weather was good! 

20170420_161416.jpg

As you know Karl - i hardly see the .:R36 these days - it's basically a kids taxi!

Constantly on the move and seldom really cools down during the week...

So after a good 5-6 weeks since the last detail - we really appreciated the offer of your detailing skills.

Very jealous of guys like yourself and Alan who have time off mod week to keep on top of these things.

Alex and the kids were well chuffed with the offer and i know i enjoyed a nice drive in your Octavia vRS!

Hopefully time frees up over summer to get the polishers out and bring the paintwork upto spec!

Next beer and curry are on me for sure :)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, samuir1974 said:

As you know Karl - i hardly see the .:R36 these days - it's basically a kids taxi!

Constantly on the move and seldom really cools down during the week...

So after a good 5-6 weeks since the last detail - we really appreciated the offer of your detailing skills.

Very jealous of guys like yourself and Alan who have time off mod week to keep on top of these things.

Alex and the kids were well chuffed with the offer and i know i enjoyed a nice drive in your Octavia vRS!

Hopefully time frees up over summer to get the polishers out and bring the paintwork upto spec!

Next beer and curry are on me for sure :)

Exactly why i offered really. It's never around for you to clean! 

Glad you enjoyed the Octavia, still loving it myself! 

I'm sure we will find some time to get the polishers out and give the R36 & Octavia some love this year! 

Well have to organise something mate, as overdue a beer or 2! 

On 06/03/2017 at 19:30, freelunch said:

Škoda_park72.JPG

Great results.

Whilst I love GTechniq C2v3, I do miss the wet look which the Corrida Red needs. I don't think there is anything which can match the durability and ease of use of C2.

Edited by Coops
  • Like 3

Just washed.

unfortunately sky looking very dark and thundery now.

Edit- pi55ing it down now :/

WP_20170428_14_34_16_Rich.jpg

WP_20170428_14_34_38_Rich.jpg

Edited by DJG1984
  • Like 1

On 30/04/2017 at 16:41, GrahamVRS said:

My Octavia II FL Vrs had its annual detail this week. A few weeks ago I had the wheels refurbished and rear spoiler resprayed due to peeling lacquer and so I was motivated to get the car looking its best. I have used primarily AG and Meguiars products, primarily for their ease of application & removal, price point and accessibility for purchase.

- Wheels and bodywork washed down with AG bodywork shampoo, using 2BM then rinsed

- Lower door panels wiped down with AG Tar remover, then washed and rinsed again

- Paintwork and glass washed down using Farecla clay mitt, using AG bodywork shampoo with quite a high concentrate to offer plenty of lubrication, then rinsed

- Dried using CYC blue drying towel

- Bodywork polished using Meguiars Ultimate Polish, on a Meguiars Polishing Pad using my Argos DA polisher. The polisher feels a bit rough and ready, but for a once a year task it's perfectly adequate for my particular needs and the results vs doing it by hand are remarkably superior.

- 2 coats of AG EGP applied, with about 4 hours curing time between coats. I have some Collinite 476 left that I intend to make use of in a few weeks but for the moment I will add a few more layers of EGP over the coming weeks. For me EGP is so easy to apply and remove and my favourite AG product.

- Wheels dried and wiped down with Sonax BSD

- Tyres shined with Meguiars Endurance Tyre Gel

- RainX applied to side windows and bootlid glass

- AG Bumper and Trim Gel applied to front grill and honeycomb inserts

- Interior wiped down with AG vinyl and rubber care and vacuumed

- Exhaust tips polished with Autosol and wirewool

Hope you enjoy the photos.

IMG_5037.JPG

IMG_5038.JPG

IMG_5047.JPG

IMG_5040.JPG

IMG_5043.JPG

P1020003.JPG

P1020004.JPG

P1020006.JPG

P1020008.JPG

Stunning job there mate! Reminds me of my Race Blue vRS.

Nice work and good write-up too - thanks for sharing.

On 25 April 2017 at 11:46, Coops said:

Great results.

Whilst I love GTechniq C2v3, I do miss the wet look which the Corrida Red needs. I don't think there is anything which can match the durability and ease of use of C2.

Have you tried Adam's Gloss Guard and Gyeon Cure. 

Adam's Gloss Guard is a non smearing sealant that is applied to a wet or dry car via a damp cloth and then buffed with a dry cloth leaving a high gloss and wax like warmth look behind. Can be used on all substraights too (plastic, glass and paintwork). 

Gyeon Cure is similar to many if not most sealants out there in that it's Si02 based and can be used in the same way as Gtechniq C2v3 or CarPro Reload but I find Cure smears less and leaves a great gloss behind. 

PM me if you want a couple of samples sent Coops. 

3 minutes ago, Svend said:

Have you tried Adam's Gloss Guard and Gyeon Cure. 

Adam's Gloss Guard is a non smearing sealant that is applied to a wet or dry car via a damp cloth and then buffed with a dry cloth leaving a high gloss and wax like warmth look behind. Can be used on all substraights too (plastic, glass and paintwork). 

Gyeon Cure is similar to many if not most sealants out there in that it's Si02 based and can be used in the same way as Gtechniq C2v3 or CarPro Reload but I find Cure smears less and leaves a great gloss behind. 

PM me if you want a couple of samples sent Coops. 

Still using the GTechniq mate. Love it's simplicity.

It's the gloss I'm looking for - didn't need it with the white, but finding the Red needs something. What do you think?

7 minutes ago, Coops said:

Still using the GTechniq mate. Love it's simplicity.

It's the gloss I'm looking for - didn't need it with the white, but finding the Red needs something. What do you think?

I'm still using Gtechniq for the most part such as the Gwash, UVwash (great summer shampoo), I2ab tri-clean, G6 glass cleaner, etc... 

But I've found myself using Gyeon foam as a pre or quick wash, shampoo and then dry with Gyeon Cure. leaves a great gloss and super slick finish. 

The Adam's H2O Gloss Guard however, even though it's a little finicky applying with a damp MF and then buffed with a dry MF leaves a great gloss and wax warm finish to the red. 

Colleague's Golf diesel. 

IMG_20150828_130033_zpsjv48gbpe.jpg

IMG_20150828_131451_zpsgkhl8y8h.jpg

IMG_20150828_131505_zpsse0nx3x4.jpg

IMG_20150828_131404_zps402zbcaw.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, Coops said:

@Svend Used Gyeon Wetcoat on the OH's car but felt it left water marks/spots once it dried fully. Good protection though.

Is that Golf wearing the Adams?

Ye', the Golf is wearing Adam's H2O Gloss Guard all over (looks great on plastics). 

With Wetcoat I've found best to spray on a couple of panels, then wipe in with a MF cloth and then pressure wash off. 

Some people don't get streaks but without wiping in first I've always had them. 

Wetcoat I mostly use as a quick sealant for wheels. 

36 minutes ago, Svend said:

Ye', the Golf is wearing Adam's H2O Gloss Guard all over (looks great on plastics). 

With Wetcoat I've found best to spray on a couple of panels, then wipe in with a MF cloth and then pressure wash off. 

Some people don't get streaks but without wiping in first I've always had them. 

Wetcoat I mostly use as a quick sealant for wheels. 

Yeah demoted the Wetcoat to my alloys too !!!!

Might have to try this Adams - where can I get it?

2 minutes ago, Coops said:

Yeah demoted the Wetcoat to my alloys too !!!!

Might have to try this Adams - where can I get it?

I can send you some to try if you wish. 

prestigecarcareshop.com with 10% discount code (DW10). 

Completed our exterior valet on this lovely Fabia, the owner being our own Fabiamk2SE, Oli.

Credit to Oli, he's looked after his car well, with evidence of protection and in generally very good overall condition.

We completed a full chemical decon, safe wash and protection courtesy of Gyeon Cancoat, prior to application of Carlack glass sealant and tyres dressed with Megs Endurance Gel.

Another VERY happy chappy! Thanks Oli!!

IMG_2581.JPG

IMG_2582.JPG

IMG_2584.JPG

IMG_2585.JPG

Edited by Chubbs
  • Like 3