Recently Cleaned Thread

Coops

No worries, just spotted your other thread. Some of the benefit of this thread, is it tends to generate discussion about products used, and process - so nothing wrong with that :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Piglet got a wash. 

VbxvyrBl.jpg

KRlHhZYl.jpg

Neighbours daughter's car given a good going over, Shampood front seat bases, passenger footwell mat and passenger footwell of tomato ketchup and milkshake. 

Windscreen wash topped up (another two litres). 

9I4gNQRl.jpg

W9aTC84l.jpg

SPL2PwOl.jpg

LKwcb3Bl.jpg

pjuJsQWl.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Svend said:

Neighbours daughter's car given a good going over, Shampood front seat bases, passenger footwell mat and passenger footwell of tomato ketchup and milkshake. 

Windscreen wash topped up (another two litres). 

I had to re-read that first sentence a few times :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

I had to re-read that first sentence a few times :biggrin:

Ye', I've tried rewording it in the past, but still always sounds like something else. :) 

After getting a new car (which is hiding away to the right in the first picture!) my Mk2 Fabia Monte Carlo estate went to my missus to be used as our family runabout. Had lots of use over winter so was long overdue for a detail! Looking lots better now!

Products used on bodywork:

Powermaxed TFR
Bilt Hamber Autofoam
Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo (finally close to running out of this after 6 years!)
Auto Finesse Oblitarate
Autoglanz Blood Tonic
Farecla G3 Clay Mitt
Poorboys Blackhole
Wax Planet iWax

Products used on wheels, tyres and arches:

Bilt Hamber Autowheel
Meguiars APC
Auto Finesse Oblitarate
Autobrite Cherry Glaze
Angelwax Bilberry Wheel Wax
Meguiars Endurance Tyre Gel

ac1b12bdd9f7449b37e75b136c0e89b5.jpg

224aacf7f1a30313d8567bd4dbf4d4de.jpg

0a412e5ca0bc9ca5280c5d7f5e05c614.jpg

• Like 4

Spent a Saturday morning cleaning the Octavia using two bucket method and wash mitt. Autoglym high definition shampoo. With Valetpro Bilberry wheel cleaner applied with brush and noodle mit. Autoglym tyre dressing. Bodywork finished with Sonax BSD, first time I’ve used this. Autofinesse Radiance carnuba cream on bonnet, roof and boot. Autofinesse Crystal Clear on glass. 

D06CA233-92B3-4484-AD67-8492E210A61B.jpeg

BA499087-0305-4781-B16F-38E500D69E9C.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Washed polished and waxed my old motor for the first time this year ... First day I've been off and it's not been sub zero, snowing. chucking it down or to much sun and heat ....

Washed with Autoglym bodywork conditioning shampoo, polished with Autoglym Uktra Deepshine and finished off with Simoniz liquid wax.... Wheels cleaned with WooWoo wheel cleaner and fallout remover from Chemical Guys 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Managed to give my Yeti it's first going over since I've had it (bought it in March!), to be honest I think it's the first proper clean it's ever had. 

TFR, clay, AG SRP and EGP. 

Lots more to do but it's a start (plus I was at work!) 

IMG_20180512_214450_597.jpg

• Like 3

I use a foam applicator pad. But don't go spending money if you don't have any spare - the foam part of a washing-up scourer is ideal!

51uVHdVEbhL._SX355_.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mandp said:

If that number plate is standard...that's stunning for an eight year old car.

14 hours ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Agree - shame we don't have a "wow" button. 

Thank you, means a lot :)

Yes standard number plate, it has a lot of stone chips and some swirling but I have been working on making them better and less obvious, you can see the imperfections up close. It's a bit of labour of love. Looked nothing like this when I bought it!

media.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, penguin17 said:

I collected my new Superb last week and wanted to do a full detail this w’end but it was too hot and I didn’t want to make my work twice as hard as I’m wanting to apply the Carlack twins. 

Nice job. I might try your idea of that combo of Speed Wipe & BSD. BSD can be a bit hard work sometimes, as you mention!

• Like 1

On 30/04/2018 at 01:27, JohnnyType2 said:

polar blast snowfoam > clayed with Mitt > DA'd with Carpro fixer > GTechnic PW > GTechnic C2V3 > two coats of Dodo Juice Supernatural wax > supernatural glass polish on the windows

meteorgreyvRS.jpg.9563d1ceaedfead1bd41eb0c5565904f.jpgbonnet_noswirls3.jpg.2857ad529e61d2416c543ab1d25492b6.jpg

That new grille looks really smart.

Edited by Pilotguy
  • Like 3