Pulling to the left

I have researched the forums and seen many possible solutions and people suffering the same sort of thing.

When im driving along my car constantly wants to pull to the left, its so bad that if im in lane 3 of the motorway and let go of the steering the car will go straight towards the hard shoulder! i have also noticed that when i let go of the steering it snaps to the left.

Any ideas? Im leaning towards the rack as i don't really know what else it could be

So, I'm guessing that you have checked the brakes, tyres and tyre pressures?  No strange noises coming from the front suspension top mountings when turning corners - maybe jack car up both sides at once, and check the steering moving fully left > right > left.

• 2 months later...

Any luck on narrowing down the issue?
I've replaced console bushes,shocks,wheel bearings,tyres and had 2 different places do alignment,im ready to give up and scrap it  :(

I have the same problem worse if I put my foot down I fitted a h&r front anti roll bar and it drove lovely but my both tyres were showing wire on inside edge I put 2 new tyres on the front yesterday and tracking done (spot on) now it pulls like mad to the left haven't had chance to look at it yet car is fully polly bushed no knocks or bangs driving me mad

Its not a tracking issue is it?

I heard that all cars are supposed to pull left a bit so that if the driver their ability to steer in any way (ie loss of consciousness/heart attack etc) the car would go to the side of the road/hard shoulder rather than into oncoming traffic.

Its not a tracking issue is it?

I heard that all cars are supposed to pull left a bit so that if the driver their ability to steer in any way (ie loss of consciousness/heart attack etc) the car would go to the side of the road/hard shoulder rather than into oncoming traffic.

as stated above tracking been done by 2 different people, plz read posts

Please excuse my ignorance if it was already mentioned, but have you checked the brakes? I had a dirty ... thing, I am not sure how it is called, causing the front right brakes to stick and mine was pulling to the right. Does it matter if you are increasing speed in gear, leaving it in neutral to roll or braking ? Is anything changing in the car's dynamics in one of those three situations ?

Later edit: the rear brakes should be checked as well, not only the front ones.

Edited by Alexandru

All brakes have been checked, changed pretty much everything at the front end to try and resolve the issue, the wheels have been aligned and re weighted, the tracking has been done numerous times.

Put your foot down and let go of the steering and it will pretty much go directly left

All brakes have been checked, changed pretty much everything at the front end to try and resolve the issue, the wheels have been aligned and re weighted, the tracking has been done numerous times.

Put your foot down and let go of the steering and it will pretty much go directly left

mine to will be looking in to it this weekend and update

Have you had rear wheel alignment checked? They do all the tracking from the rear as a datum point, if someone has jacked it up slightly on the beam causing any amount of deflection, no matter how many times u get tracking done it'll be "right" but wrong and you'll pull to the left

On a quiet road - try driving with the white lined in the centre of the bonnet - this'll eliminate most Road camber illusions

• Like 1