Simpsons PCH Deal

I can only give you my experience which is not with Simpsons.

My car got to the dealer in 8 days from leaving the factory.

However I think I may have been lucky as I have heard stories of people waiting 3-4 weeks.

Unfortunately Simpsons are now not In control of anything. Your car is in the hands of the gods as my dealer told me. It may clear Emden (port in Germany in a day or two then sit in Grimsby (port in UK for weeks waiting for a transporter to deliver to Simpsons.

Once my car was at the deers they had it Valeted and PDI'd in 2 days for me to collect.

the cars for north west might be comming in via newcastle,at least thats where my 2014 vrs came in at for delivery to morecambe,

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys, managed to make contact and it was Dennis, told my car should be with them today and pick up scheduled for next Tuesday happy days!

Sorry Steveo - only just seen this but it sounds like you are sorted. I have been dealing with Denis and he has been fantastic throughout.

I called on to see him at the fleet centre in Bamber Bridge yesterday as we had agreed they would see if they were interested in my existing Merc C220 C Class Estate as a part ex. I also used it as an opportunity to sort the paperwork out.

Purely by chance he said they had had around 30 cars arrive from Grimsby earlier in the day so it sounds like yours was one of those.

For what its worth I have had a couple of new cars from Simpsons of Colne, who are in no way shape or form my local dealer, and couldn't recommend high enough. When I have the time I have even been known to go back there for servicing. Great guys to deal with.

I looked yesterday at the scout offer which I didnt know about until earlier this week when it was already was already of date and had to be orderd by end of may. It was £166/month and £1750 deposit based on 10k miles. Now overnight shot up to £179/month and £2190 deposit based on 8K miles. Extra £752 for less mileage. Much less attractive proposition . In fact they all seem to have shot up in cost. The Superb was £149 and £1390 deposit.Is that a "hitting sales targets" thing??  Was going to do some research yesterday but had no spare time in the end. I presume this price is for the small engined scout with manual box?

Edited by moatmeister

Iv just sorted a pch deal with another dealer on the car I had on order that i was going to have on pcp, it has a few extras, but is still more cost effective for me than a pcp deal on 0%,as I feared even more harsh depreciciation in 2years when the fleet of ex pch caars hit the used market, mine is a vrs hatch rio red, col maxi sunset and folding mirrors, 1500 dep and 240 month,with the balance of the dep and monthly for a pcp gone into an account for the next cars dep

Edited by cortina63

Went into local Skoda dealer today to ask about PCH.

After the sales rep tried to correct me by saying PCP - I obviously said no, I meant PCH.

A sharp intake of breath by the dealer and said let me see what I can find on the VW financing computer - you think I was asking them for an essay on what happened before the big bang.

Anyways, new Octavia VRS diesel estate, 36 months, annual mileage 8,000 (can't go lower), initial rental amount £1,503 plus 35 payments of £250.

I'm trying to piece together the pros/cons of PCP v PCH but this to me looks like a cheap way of motoring (renting) over three years.  Total cost over three years is about £290-ish per month - which is do-able.

List price of the VRS is far too much for us normal workers so is it not a viable financing solution to get this model of car?

I wouldn't own the car - don't care.  I would need to change after three years - OK.  I would get penalised if I wanted to chop it in part way through the three years - fair enough.

So what is the stumbling block for this and why do dealers not push it/know little about it?

• Like 1

Been in contact about the pch on the scout, for two years it's less than I'm paying for the citigo.

Because the Scout will depreciate less, we had a quote of 35 quid a month more for a fabia to the scout!

Went into local Skoda dealer today to ask about PCH.

After the sales rep tried to correct me by saying PCP - I obviously said no, I meant PCH.

A sharp intake of breath by the dealer and said let me see what I can find on the VW financing computer - you think I was asking them for an essay on what happened before the big bang.

Anyways, new Octavia VRS diesel estate, 36 months, annual mileage 8,000 (can't go lower), initial rental amount £1,503 plus 35 payments of £250.

I'm trying to piece together the pros/cons of PCP v PCH but this to me looks like a cheap way of motoring (renting) over three years.  Total cost over three years is about £290-ish per month - which is do-able.

List price of the VRS is far too much for us normal workers so is it not a viable financing solution to get this model of car?

I wouldn't own the car - don't care.  I would need to change after three years - OK.  I would get penalised if I wanted to chop it in part way through the three years - fair enough.

So what is the stumbling block for this and why do dealers not push it/know little about it?

Our Scout is on 3 yr deal - costs total of around 8,500 pounds with 24k miles allowed. To some people this is 9k down the drain but as you say, if you want a brand new car every few years anyway it seems to be a way to beat the depreciation - getting the deal right. Our dealer didn't know about the good deals on the leases for oct 3.

The scout is forecast to be worth around 13k with 24k miles on it after 3 years - so my question was could i buy a brand new scout for around 21.5k (i.e. 9k lease cost plus cost of i went out and brought the same car second hand)  - looking at all the new discount / broker sites, i couldn't find our scout for less than 24k brand new (plus this doesn't take account of the fact that i'd have needed finance and a loan would cost me at least 5% apr and at the time VWfinance weren't doing the 0% deals).

I was kinda under the impressionthat PCH's worked better (lower monthly) on 2 or 4 year deals, I might be wrong but, all the deals I've seen seem to indicate that.

Would suggest you guys take a look before signing anything.

• Like 2

I was kinda under the impressionthat PCH's worked better (lower monthly) on 2 or 4 year deals, I might be wrong but, all the deals I've seen seem to indicate that.

For us the figures worked out as 15 pound per month more for 3 yrs vs 2 yrs hence extra over is 41 payments (I.e. 35 plus 6 inc in deposit) x 15 = 615 pounds extra, however if we'd gone 2 years we'd need to place another say 2 yr deposit a yr earlier than now - assuming same deals are around then this would be 1200 or so, halve this then you can kind of make a comparison - I.e, it's about the same. It obviously depends how you look at it and what your plan is at the end of the lease.

I know we could of had another new car on lease in two years rather than three but my assumption is that these deals won't get any cheaper and are more than likely to be more then plus gives me longer to re put the deposit together.

Good advice.

I naturally think about a three year period because warranty runs out, MOTs start, cam belt changes, look for a change anyways...

As a private buyer two years seem to short for me and four years is stretching it too much.  Three years is the sweet spot for me - but appreciate financials need to be carefully examined across all time frames.

My frustration is that the dealers are slow to compare all these different options - @SkodaUK I can carry out all these different scenarios if you give us the tools on your website, if I go into your dealer network un-informed and feel I am being directed as to what suits them I am more likely to walk out and not order a car.

I can carry out a cost benefit analysis at home and come to my own balanced judgement as to what is a good deal for me or not.

I ordered my vRS on 15th March from the Preston branch. Doug was the contact.

I was told it would be built last week of April/first week of May.

The car came via the EMS Highway ship from Emden in Germany to Grimsby and arrived in the UK on the 16th May. Finally picked it up on the 28th May after delays due to the bank holiday and with the shoddy transporter company.

It was a bonus to find that it had the Amundsen sat nav fitted which I wasn't expecting!

• Like 1

That's how PCH worked out for us (manual, 2.0 tdi estate, elegance), the maths I used for that information was: sum of payments (inc deposit) divided by whole term.

3 year deal was more expensive than 2 or 4 years.

The 4 year deal was more expensive than 2 years, but we've got huge nursery bills for the next two years so we don't expect to be able to save up for another deposit.

Perhaps I should have investigated looked at 42 months giving only 6 months out of warranty, however we expect to do under 10K a year so right now I'm not very worried about mechanical issues during year 4.

Edited by e301988325i

• 3 weeks later...

* Thread revival*!

I'm having trouble getting any useful information out of the people at Simpsons Skoda so can anyone who has successfully taken delivery of an Octavia vRS on this deal, please can you let me know who you spoke to and how long it took from them receiving the car until you could take delivery?. Twice now I have been waiting on a phone call that never came and the guy I was dealing with is on leave until the 8th June, I have also tried emails via several addresses but no joy again. I have been sort of led to believe that the car should be with them now and was hoping on collecting this Saturday but that now seems very unlikely!!

I know there are other threads with similar posts about this deal however this was the most obvious one to ask for help rather than post in every one I could remember!

Thanks in advance

Steve

Sorry Steveo - only just seen this but it sounds like you are sorted. I have been dealing with Denis and he has been fantastic throughout.

I called on to see him at the fleet centre in Bamber Bridge yesterday as we had agreed they would see if they were interested in my existing Merc C220 C Class Estate as a part ex. I also used it as an opportunity to sort the paperwork out.

Purely by chance he said they had had around 30 cars arrive from Grimsby earlier in the day so it sounds like yours was one of those.

Only just seen the notification of your post Andy! It certainly was delivered on that load of 30 that arrived, Denis mentioned that when I collected it!

How's yours going then?