MY16

If MY16 kicks in from week 22, presumably any factory-build orders after the next week or two are likely to be MY16 spec? (grateful for confirmation of that assumption).

Does anyone know what the spec changes are between MY15 and MY16?

Many thanks!

• Like 1

New engines. EA288 for the TDI's as far as i know. And the 1.4 tsi will get ACT and a 10 more horses. Rumors on MIB 2. Hoping for more. Just ordered mine today, and delivery is late august.

• Like 1

That matches what I was told by the dealer. 150 bhp, EURO 6 compliance and delivery time around 4 months. But I think I read somewhere else, that it will not have ACT. Personally I don't care much for ACT anyway.

New engines. EA288 for the TDI's as far as i know. And the 1.4 tsi will get ACT and a 10 more horses. Rumors on MIB 2. Hoping for more. Just ordered mine today, and delivery is late august.

All Octavia 3's have the EA288 engines allready. Mine is built 49/14 and has the CLHA (EA288) engine.

My dealer told me that The TDI 105 BHP will increase to 115 BHP and the TSI 140 BHP will be 150 BHP. No mention og COD though

• Like 1

Forgive the silly question. I see that acronym quite a lot on here.

What does MY15 / MY16 mean ? Whilst typing this an educated guess has just popped into my head.....Manufacturing Year ?

Model year , you can get a MY16 car in 2015 as the new models are produced in advance 

• Like 1

At VAG MY changes occur in week 22, so anything built in week 22 will have the "new stuff". I have read about the odd older stuff being put in during that same week, but it's not the norm.

Changes between MY15 and MY16 can be found here:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/344642-any-upgrades-coming-this-year-on-the-vrs/?p=4141399

sometimes packages change as well, but we don't know that for now. All changes are usually confirmed two weeks before (so week 20), but by then you'll have ordered or a build week so doesn't really matter.

hth

Hopefully included with the 'new stuff' updates will be a fix for the door seal water retention/shoe washing system, a fix for the booming noise, these are the updates they should focus on Personally

Edited by octavianestate

Hopefully included with the 'new stuff' updates will be a fix for the door seal water retention/shoe washing system, a fix for the booming noise, these are the updates they should focus on Personally

I had my front door seals replaced under warranty with a new modified version and they no longer hold any water - get the dealer to replace them.

• Like 1

I had my front door seals replaced under warranty with a new modified version and they no longer hold any water - get the dealer to replace them.

Do you know if this new doorseal is used on cars currently produced?

Forgot to mention the dealer told me the price increase was (apart from EU6 motor) for Bluetooth connection, will become standard. Maybe that is a hint that Bolero will be second gen (MIB II). Bolero i the new VW passat (Composition media) will have standard bluetooth (in Denmark).

On the Skoda UK website the brochure is now dated "Effective April 2015" (previously Jan 15) but no change to the spec that I can see - despite the configurator showing ACC and Park Assist additions to Elegance spec as mentioned in another post. Same old MIB I too.

• Like 1

Those sort of updates are independent of MY. In theory once they have found a way to solve certain problems they roll out the fix into the production line without waiting for a new MY. That's what happeend on a few parts in my Scirocco. And I believe it has already happened on the Octy VRS: Mine's a built week 4 and I have no significant water retention in the door, nor the booming noise (or maybe I'm deaf).

Edited by TomLux

Does skoda not formally issue tech bulletins direct to the owner? I recall mazda having the capability to do this

Evening guys - some great info on here. I've just joined having just ordered a MK3 VRS Diesel.

There was a build time of around 3 months but the dealer found a car which was sat at the docks in Germay having already been built. Am I correct in thinking this will be a MY15 as opposed to MY16 and if so, can anybody tell me what the difference will be?

I am still able to reject this car and have one built which I assume will be later than week 22.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

Evening guys - some great info on here. I've just joined having just ordered a MK3 VRS Diesel.

There was a build time of around 3 months but the dealer found a car which was sat at the docks in Germay having already been built. Am I correct in thinking this will be a MY15 as opposed to MY16 and if so, can anybody tell me what the difference will be?

I am still able to reject this car and have one built which I assume will be later than week 22.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

I guess it depends on the discount, changes aren't massive but they are now throwing in sat nav for free
  • Like 1

Thank you for this. I did query the satnav...

When I created the car on the configurator, it gave me the Amunsden option for free but when I queried it with the main dealer, they said it was a glitch. Are you able to confirm the nav is definitely free?

Thanks

Joe

Yes I've had mine confirmed with the dealer, ordered two weeks ago.

Thank you for this. I did query the satnav...

When I created the car on the configurator, it gave me the Amunsden option for free but when I queried it with the main dealer, they said it was a glitch. Are you able to confirm the nav is definitely free?

Thanks

Joe

Yes I've had mine confirmed with the dealer, ordered two weeks ago.

• Like 1

Mmmh, interesting. I've just checked and it's still showing on the Configurator as a free option...

Me thinks a trip to the dealer is called for first thing. Alas this may now mean I have to wait 3 months. And I've just sold my car :-(

Mmmh, interesting. I've just checked and it's still showing on the Configurator as a free option...

Me thinks a trip to the dealer is called for first thing. Alas this may now mean I have to wait 3 months. And I've just sold my car :-(

Ahh welcome to the club, I'm three weeks in to no car and have at least eight left... :(