Octavia build dates for new orders

I have ordered a similar car except race blue and diesel, ordered 17 February built 17 April now waiting to get shipped to Australia.

My order is very similar with a pana roof added to a 6M TSi in moon white. I ordered around the same time as you but the roof seems to have added another month to the build.

My order is very similar with a pana roof added to a 6M TSi in moon white. I ordered around the same time as you but the roof seems to have added another month to the build.

I got the pano roof also. I am wondering if it was a ghost order that they re configured to my spec

Ordered same week I think. That's not good

I don't think I did myself any favours by adding Smartlink and Smartgate to my order (both MY16 options)

I don't think I did myself any favours by adding Smartlink and Smartgate to my order (both MY16 options)

Smartlink is only available on the newer MIB2 units so assuming your order has been accepted I think youn can be relatively assured that your car will have a MIB2 infotainmemt unit.....I have no doubt the cars will be getting this from week 22 just SUK and the dealer network are pretty clueless as usual...probably as SUK have not yet been briefed by the factory on all the changes.

I also suspect that the vRS from now on will come with standard Amundsen and its not just a ploy to rid of the old units.

• Like 1

Smartlink is only available on the newer MIB2 units so assuming your order has been accepted I think youn can be relatively assured that your car will have a MIB2 infotainmemt unit.....I have no doubt the cars will be getting this from week 22 just SUK and the dealer network are pretty clueless as usual...probably as SUK have not yet been briefed by the factory on all the changes.

I also suspect that the vRS from now on will come with standard Amundsen and its not just a ploy to rid of the old units.

Yes, I have had confirmation that my car will come with the MIB2 hence I could add on Smartlink and Smart Gate.

I had a look at the new MY16 brochure and price list and it still states that Amundsen is a £755 option on the vRS so don't think that will be coming as standard on new cars. From what i could tell there were no significant spec changes on cars (with the exception if MIB2)

I've gotten confirmation my spec is locked, my car will be built in week 22 and will be an MY16 car.

Very excited!

Unfortunately since the spec was locked 4 weeks ago I have no chance of adding smartlink at factory at this point. There was also a suggestion it couldn't be added post production by the dealer as it needed something additional to be added to the spec. Maybe I'm getting MIB1 with my car? :-S

Sent from Tapatalk for Android

Just in from my dealer re Smart gate :-(

We have tried to add smartgate to your order but because your car is due to go in to production in the next 10, days we are passed the date that it will let us change your order. Your car will be with us here onsite around the 2nd week of June I’m very sorry we can’t change this for you.

• Like 1

19/06 would have been an MY16 too! Seems week 22 is a hard cut over.

Mine is locked at week 22 and been told by the dealer that the order has been converted to MY16 with the uprated 1.4l 150PS engine. He didn't really have a clue about what else might be different just said minor changes to the interior. :-s

Sent from Tapatalk for Android

Yeah, looks like small minor changes to the interior like different icons on some of the buttons. The only major change is the new MIB2 head unit, which is bigger and higher resolution and a bit more up to date.

I just picked up our new Elegance estate this morning. Well, it was supposed to be an Elegance. I'm told the Elegance name is now dropped and it is an SE L for MY16. Upshot is that I got active cruise and auto-park thingy for free which is good in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have ordered a similar car except race blue and diesel, ordered 17 February built 17 April now waiting to get shipped to Australia.

I've ordered my RS for delivery to Australia with a build date of week 17 (ordered way back in October 2014). Unfortunately I still have no idea when it'll be loaded on a boat and sent here.

Edited by renesis
  • Like 1

I've ordered my RS for delivery to Australia with a build date of week 17 (ordered way back in October 2014). Unfortunately I still have no idea when it'll be loaded on a boat and sent here.

I was informed on Friday that mine is on a ship on its way here maybe yours is on it too

I was informed on Friday that mine is on a ship on its way here maybe yours is on it too

Does a VIN number search on the 2wglobal website work for you? Mine isn't showing up anything at all which is strange. I hope it's not one of those that just miss the boat.... FYI my VIN is TMBKE9NE6F023xxxx

Does a VIN number search on the 2wglobal website work for you? Mine isn't showing up anything at all which is strange. I hope it's not one of those that just miss the boat.... FYI my VIN is TMBKE9NE6F023xxxx

No Joy from the 2wglobal site either, the dealer looked it up using nadcon and it’s saying ‘on vessel’ status.

• Like 2

Hi,

Just ordered my first ever skoda.

Octavia 1.4 TSI 150HP Style (So the new build and the new name for elegance) with DSG

Extra:

Dynamic cruise control

Bi-Xenon

Parking assistence

Amundsen navigation

Heated front window

Heated sprinklers

Multifunction wheel with DSG control

And some other stuff :)

The dealer said it i should except it around august/september.

From Denmark.

Best regards,

Mads

Our elegance estate is confirmed for bw22, we're getting park assist free of charge. So will be interesting to see how it is inside.

Er, except the dealer told me it's already been built today.

No Joy from the 2wglobal site either, the dealer looked it up using nadcon and it’s saying ‘on vessel’ status.

My dealer isn't having any luck with NADCON and all it's saying is that the car has been built. He did say search 2wglobal in a few weeks...