Octavia build dates for new orders

Spoke to Skoda and the car is now at the dealership  :clap:  .

Ordered end of November and Built week 3

Been 6 years since I owned a car or had regular access to one so am really looking forward to it.

Edited by davitc

I had a call from the dealer yesterday, our car is on the boat and will land in Dublin tomorrow the 18th. It should be less than a week to the dealer from then. Looking forward to it now, it's been a long wait (ordered 28th Oct).

• Like 2

Update - I knew it would be too good to be true. Dealer says car is being built this week ( 7 ) ? will this change again ?

I doubt that'll change again as it means it's being built now.

I had a call from the dealer yesterday, our car is on the boat and will land in Dublin tomorrow the 18th. It should be less than a week to the dealer from then. Looking forward to it now, it's been a long wait (ordered 28th Oct).

Mine was Build Week 4 so hopefully it's on the same boat! 

What build week did you have hebegeebee? What model your order?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Had an email from the dealer today telling me that my car is currently at the port waiting to catch a lift over here to the UK! From what others have posted, I believe there's a ship setting sail tomorrow, so hopefully it'll be on that.

I'll keep you all updated!

What build week did you have hebegeebee? What model your order?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Build week 5 and a 2.0TDi Style Combi with quite a few extras (xenons, kessy, heated windscreen & front seats, dimming door mirrors, PDC front & rear, rear airbags and a few more, along with the standard style spec items here)

• Like 2

Just Ordered a new vRS 230 Estate and I should have it the first week in June...Just have to wait and see....went for Black this time as I didn't fancy the white...

Should look like this....

attachicon.gifvRS230.jpg

I've had a VRS 230 on order since 4 Nov 15 and there's no sign of an estimated build date yet. I'm hearing there is a 6 months and counting backlog of orders for the 230 (see separate topic posted a couple of days ago). May I ask if your order is via a dealer or a broker, please?

I hope yours does come in June but you might want to seek confirmation from your supplier. Any feedback on what they tell you would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Edited by Alstox

That red with those 19" allows :p

Mines due to be delivered on Tuesday, ordered at end of November so will be just coming up to the 13 week quoted from dealers.

Is it a 230, please? Also are you in the UK, Ireland or ? Thanks!

2l tdi combi style. Race blue. 18" Alaris wheels. Sunset glass. Dynamic interior black n gray. Drivers mode and a few others I specked. Can't remember now it was that long ago.

Just had this email from Skoda...

"Today is an exciting day, because our technicians are starting work on your new Octavia. In a couple of weeks it will have been assembled in one of our state-of-the-art factories, and we'll be spraying it in your chosen Race Blue Metallic before carefully adding the finishing touches. Then, once we've carried out a series of safety checks, it'll begin it's journey to the UK."

Anyone know how long it actually takes to build the car - can't be two weeks!

4 weeks and 2 days after order.

Edited by skipptg

Just had this email from Skoda...

"Today is an exciting day, because our technicians are starting work on your new Octavia. In a couple of weeks it will have been assembled in one of our state-of-the-art factories, and we'll be spraying it in your chosen Race Blue Metallic before carefully adding the finishing touches. Then, once we've carried out a series of safety checks, it'll begin it's journey to the UK."

Anyone know how long it actually takes to build the car - can't be two weeks!

4 weeks and 2 days after order.

" it takes around 30 hours to build a Golf, split over two to four days" from the VW site.

I guess the Octavia will be similar....