Show Us Your Ride - Past & Present Bike Pics

FUBAR

I have one from the same batch :notme: Digital driver she is... it's either all or nothing, foot to the floor, then brakes on full tilt, pass me the sick bag.... :sweat::sick:

That's it. I'm trying to buy a second hand formula 1 neck brace from Alonso at the moment lol

That's it. I'm trying to buy a second hand formula 1 neck brace from Alonso at the moment lol

I rarely sit in the passenger seat with SWMBO as her poor observation frightens the **** out of me so I drive where possible failing that I'd rather walk. The G forces involved are similar to spending a day at Alton Towers, though there's no fun element involved...

• Like 1

I rarely sit in the passenger seat with SWMBO as her poor observation frightens the **** out of me so I drive where possible failing that I'd rather walk. The G forces involved are similar to spending a day at Alton Towers, though there's no fun element involved...

Funnily i always drive and only manage to suffer the wife's driving after a skinful - luckily that's exactly what's happening tonight.

Her driving I more like Alton towers rollercoaster when it crashes. Nasty.

Funnily i always drive and only manage to suffer the wife's driving after a skinful - luckily that's exactly what's happening tonight.

I hope she doesnt read this mate :D

Is it a long walk? Ahaha

Living in Kidder we always walk when we go out so I don't have to rely on wife's taxi either. If we do go elsewhere I always drive as I'd rather stay sober all night than suffer

When I was on my Advanced course I ended up going to see the quack because my left leg was in agony from all the gear changing.  We were doing 300 plus miles a day and unlike on a car course where there are 3 students you have to do all the work yourself.  I actually ended up with my leg in plaster for a few weeks to let it recover.  Thankfully it did and has never been a problem since but then I do not ride that sort of mileage everyday for four weeks!

There has been a lot of talk about how much improved the new TEX is but mine is fine as it is and as I say I just ride around the rough riding and am used to it.  Mate of mine who has the TEX also says he doesn't find it a problem but it is crashy. Put it this way my fillings haven't dropped out as yet! :no:

I suppose you could have worn platform heels Ade!

Ah well......I already do  :peek: Knowing I fancied a ADV bike and having no kit I bought a pair of Daytona M Star boots from Germany in anticipation that I'd struggle with my short legs and wore them on all the test rides. They have an extra 25mm in the heel and 8mm on the soles so they do help. The decision to spend several thousands more on the toilet wasn't one I took easily TBH as I'm a tight old sod and I fancy a go on the new XRX low seat option but that might just open up a can of worms and get me into serious trouble with SWMBO so that'll have to wait until I find out how much time she spends riding pillion, which was an important factor when I bought the GS . 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, just a brief history..... had a CB50J when I was 16 (1984), passed my test in 1995 on a KDX125 (or was it a KMX??) but didnt buy a bike for a few years. Bought a Transalp 600 in 2000 but after being offered decent money for it, sold it after a few months! Nothing then for years until after my divorce!!! Then I bought this:-

post-4954-0-85420700-1460294575_thumb.jpg

CCM R30 - DR650 engine, was great fun & loved it, but my son had just started karting, so I sold the bike & bought a Renault Master....

Then, two years ago I bought this:-

post-4954-0-36171000-1460294608_thumb.jpg

Fazer 600, 2002, really clean. Still have it even though I dont ride it much since buying this:-

post-4954-0-96155000-1460294640_thumb.jpg

Tiger 1050, LOVE IT!!!!

Tiger 1050 is a very underrated bike, handles very well and the engine is a peach. Nice.

Thanks. Got a Scorpion can, between 7 & 10k on full chat is sounds like a Metro 6R4 (being half a V6!).

All being well as from tomorrow this will be my new toy!  Price agreed and shook on just need to take the cash and ride it away.  56 plate Triumph Daytona 955iSS apparently.  Very nice condition and just waiting to be taken out for a cake bimble!

Going to have to put a shorter exhaust on that thing looks like a bazooka!

_57_zps3qdgihm7.jpg

Edited by Chriswright03

All being well as from tomorrow this will be my new toy! Price agreed and shook on just need to take the cash and ride it away. 56 plate Triumph Daytona 955iSS apparently. Very nice condition and just waiting to be taken out for a cake bimble!

_57_zps3qdgihm7.jpg

That looks great! You're right, black is the best colour for it.

Funny you commented on the exhaust, i was just thinking how it looks ****inn hugeeee hhaa.

Very nice though mate. Top stuff!

I was thinking more one sided wheelbarrow....get a matching one for the other side...

Err hang on I thought you had something to do with the project!  Did you design the exhaust?

Some might say I've gone downhill.... My last 3 bikes in reverse order

Blade%202_zpsxmjuake2.jpg

Me and the R1150R at a damp Cadwell Park

R1150R_zpsf1x5bkcl.jpg

The toilet at Elan Valley last week

20160405_141758_zpsh0wpy8hl.jpg

Edited by littleade

All being well as from tomorrow this will be my new toy!  Price agreed and shook on just need to take the cash and ride it away.  56 plate Triumph Daytona 955iSS apparently.  Very nice condition and just waiting to be taken out for a cake bimble!

_57_zps3qdgihm7.jpg

If you're not careful you're going to need a bigger shed...(I assume you're keeping the TEX?)

Yes I am Ade and one of them will have to live outside. I looked at a Fireblade but the riding position is too radical for me plus it was tatty. If we had been in touch when you went to Cadwell you could have popped over to Louth for a brew.

2 Trumpets Chis then  :D  For a sports bike the Blade was (relatively) comfy but not something you could ride at legal speeds for any length of time before the wrists complained... well that was my excuse anyway. Cadwell was a loooong time ago and IIRC we stayed in Louth at a hotel with secure parking. The part of the track that went round the back through the woods then onto the start finish straight was closed as it was too wet, so no jumps on that day....not that I would have anyway. I could have done with a brew when i got to Louth as it had rained most of the way and although I was dry inside my Streetguard jacket I was cold as the outside was soaked so transferred the cold though I was grateful for the heated grips  :sweat:

I have liked the look of the Daytona for some time now.  Of course there are so many different versions but I think the new ones would be too small for me.  I sat on this one and it seemed OK but of course I never had the chance to ride it.  Part of the problem with buying private really.  I don't doubt for a minute that it will start feeling cramped if sat on it too long but it is really only a toy and it just means that the short journeys I do now for cake will be sat in a different position!

So yes two Trumpets but not through any brand loyalty really just I like the look of the bikes and the Triple sound.  I just hope reality is as good as the dream and if it isn't I don't foresee much of a problem unloading a bike that is as good as this one.

All I have to do now is insure it and when I say ALL I think that is an understatement as dealing with Insurance companies for quotes is an absolute nightmare.  I have tried the comparison sites and cannot for the life of me understand why the price can change from £78 to £139 in a matter of days or why Carole Nash want over £400 for the same thing.  The search goes on today!

I have liked the look of the Daytona for some time now.  Of course there are so many different versions but I think the new ones would be too small for me.  I sat on this one and it seemed OK but of course I never had the chance to ride it.  Part of the problem with buying private really.  I don't doubt for a minute that it will start feeling cramped if sat on it too long but it is really only a toy and it just means that the short journeys I do now for cake will be sat in a different position!

So yes two Trumpets but not through any brand loyalty really just I like the look of the bikes and the Triple sound.  I just hope reality is as good as the dream and if it isn't I don't foresee much of a problem unloading a bike that is as good as this one.

All I have to do now is insure it and when I say ALL I think that is an understatement as dealing with Insurance companies for quotes is an absolute nightmare.  I have tried the comparison sites and cannot for the life of me understand why the price can change from £78 to £139 in a matter of days or why Carole Nash want over £400 for the same thing.  The search goes on today!

Good luck! That bloke on the money program said it sometimes pays to cancel your old insurance and take out a new policy on cars so might be worth you seeing if overall taking out a multi policy now and cancelling the current Tex one might work out cheaper?

Yes that is one consideration.  My existing Insurer wanted £83 to put the Daytona onto a Multi policy with the TEX.  I asked if that was for the year or until the end of the policy and she didn't know!  So after checking she came back and said it was until the end in September.  So they can stick that.  I have a bit of shopping about to do today and one of the options will be cancelling the existing policy and going for a multi.  It would be nice to have them at different times of the year though to spread the cost out a bit.  At the moment the cheapest is £139 which isn't bad but I have yet to check if the bike has security marking as well so that may make a slight difference.

So here she is back home to join the TEX.  As usual it rained for the journey but thankfully not as much as when Oli fetched his AND I only had 15 miles to do.  So she will need a bit of a clean up and a good look at so I can see what is what and then PLAYTIME! :clap: :D

IMG_20160413_163704210_HDR_zpsosn1hit3.j

• Like 3