Superb Order tracker

Is that them contacting you all these times?

That must really be (another) UK thing to expect your dealer to ring you regulary just for a status on a car on order. Here we have to search the information ourselves.

• Like 1

That must really be (another) UK thing to expect your dealer to ring you regulary just for a status on a car on order. Here we have to search the information ourselves.

Not all uk dealers do this, mine has never given me an update it's usually me telling them. Comm's are just rubbish from Skoda and dealers. The best way is to call customer services with the order u ber and they will give you the update. Good luck.

Ordered on the 19th November for delivery in March

L&K Hatch

2.0 TSI DSG 220 PS

Magnetic Brown Metallic

Beige Leather

19" Wheels

Heated Washer Jets

Rear Backrest Release from the Boot

Rear View Camera

Rear Wiper

Smart Light Assist with Lane Assist and BSD

3 Spoke MFSW with Paddles

Travel Assist

WiFi and Phone Box

Ventilated Seats

Temp Spare Wheel

2-Year Extended Warranty

Order changed on the 14th December to 2.0 TSI DSG 280 PS 4x4 Hatch

Build week given as 03 2016 so should tie in nicely with a March delivery

Contacted my dealer today and its still being shown as Build Week 03 the Temp Spare Wheel is to be provided by the dealer as it had to be removed from the original order to change it to the 2.0 TSI DSG 280 PS 4x4 Hatch and couldn't be re-added afterwards for some unexplainable reason (and I was watching the dealer try).

Well pleased as my March delivery looks to be on track.

Edited by Prykey

So... My car is at the dealers but been given the option to have now or wait and register for a 16 plate.... Think I'm gonna try and wait

Another british thing, I suppose :-D

Edited by GaSelle

Another british thing, I suppose :-D

Registrations in the UK change in March and September each year.

March 2016 will receive a "16" registration and September 2016 it will be a "66" registration, valuations for part exchange or private sale use this registration mark as part of the criteria in building a valuation.

I know - but I don't understand it. The car has the same production date/year no matter what the plate says. But thanks for the explanation ;-)

I know - but I don't understand it. The car has the same production date/year no matter what the plate says. But thanks for the explanation ;-)

Not only cars -- we have a similar problem with touring  caravans !

Not only cars -- we have a similar problem with touring  caravans !

In fact any motorised vehicle, I didn't know that it was the same for touring caravans though lol!

In fact any motorised vehicle, I didn't know that it was the same for touring caravans though lol!

Caravan models change around September ( not all do though ) So a caravan made in November 2015 though a 2016 model will be classed as a2015 as thats when it was sold.

• Like 1

My dealer sent an email confirming the order, then nothing. After a couple of months I emailed back asking politely if there was any update and have had phone calls since then with updates.

After yesterday the dealer said he'd call back next Tuesday if there was any update (apparently the system gets updated late on Mondays) but that if there wasn't one he wouldn't.

Don't have a great deal of experience with main dealers but this one (Robinsons in Norwich) seems ok.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Ordered on the 19th November for delivery in March

L&K Hatch

2.0 TSI DSG 220 PS

Magnetic Brown Metallic

Beige Leather

19" Wheels

Heated Washer Jets

Rear Backrest Release from the Boot

Rear View Camera

Rear Wiper

Smart Light Assist with Lane Assist and BSD

3 Spoke MFSW with Paddles

Travel Assist

WiFi and Phone Box

Ventilated Seats

Temp Spare Wheel

2-Year Extended Warranty

Order changed on the 14th December to 2.0 TSI DSG 280 PS 4x4 Hatch

Build week given as 03 2016 so should tie in nicely with a March delivery

Contacted my dealer today and its still being shown as Build Week 03 the Temp Spare Wheel is to be provided by the dealer as it had to be removed from the original order to change it to the 2.0 TSI DSG 280 PS 4x4 Hatch and couldn't be re-added afterwards for some unexplainable reason (and I was watching the dealer try).

Well pleased as my March delivery looks to be on track.JB 

The 280 4x4 has to have a space saver temporary spare wheel that's narrower than the normal temporary spare. Probably to do with the hardware under the chassis for the 4x4 system and possibly the exhaust system. 

I had the same problem when the variable boot floor was added to my build spec. 

Temporary spare wheel Not available on 2.0 TSI 280PS or in combination with variable boot floor PJA

Temporary space-saver spare wheel Only available on 2.0 TSI 280PS or in combination with variable boot floor PJB 

Edited by dstev2000

The 280 4x4 has to have a space saver temporary spare wheel that's narrower than the normal temporary spare. Probably to do with the hardware under the chassis for the 4x4 system and possibly the exhaust system. 

I had the same problem when the variable boot floor was added to my build spec. 

Temporary spare wheel[/size] [/size]Not available on 2.0 TSI 280PS or in combination with variable boot floor [/size]PJA[/size]

Temporary space-saver spare wheel[/size] [/size]Only available on 2.0 TSI 280PS or in combination with variable boot floor [/size]PJB [/size]

Sorry I should have said that he was trying to add the "Temporary Space Saver Spare Wheel" as we knew that the normal one wouldn't fit, for some reason the system they use wouldn't allow it. It's not an issue as the dealer will supply it with the appropriate tool kit :)

Edited by Prykey

When is BW2 not a BW2?

I had a confirmed BW2 for my car a couple of weeks back, but I now understand that it hasn't been built at all and they're hoping for this week (BW3).

Is this minor slippage common?

Who knows what can happen, I've been to car and motorcycle plants (Mini, Triumph and Harley-Davidson) and its a wonder that anything gets built on time and as planned tbh the arrival of kit is all driven by bar coding as an example with Mini even the wiring loom is specific to the car they are building and the factory fitted options; meaning if you want to add driving lights after you take delivery there are no wires conveniently tucked away the kit includes the wiring loom and if you fit them yourself you have to take the car back to the dealers for them to "code" them in so that they work!

As long as squeezing your one into BW3 doesn't squeeze my one out ;)

Edited by Prykey
  • Like 1

Hi all

So had a build week 1 confirmed just after xmas

Assuming it has been built last week anyone have a rough idea how long it takes to ship to the uk and then then the dealer?

Many thanks in advance

Seems to be anything from 4 to 6 weeks.

• Like 1

Hi all

So had a build week 1 confirmed just after xmas

Assuming it has been built last week anyone have a rough idea how long it takes to ship to the uk and then then the dealer?

Many thanks in advance

Mine was build week 52 & it arrived at the dealers on 4/1/16! Even the dealer was surprised. It must have gone straight onto the boat.

• Like 1

Ordered mine on 23rd Dec, and have unconfirmed build week 10

Hoping it will be here by end March, but keeping fingers crossed.

2.0TDI 150PS SEL Exec Hatchback Manual Gearbox

Jungle Green

Black Alcantara

Modus Alloys

Rear Wiper

Heated Windscreen

LED Package Plus

Rear Parking Camera

How on earth is that possible? I ordered mine 3 months before you ordered yours and mine is unconfirmed BW9 for the same car with just Phoenix wheels as an option. I guess that's the problem.

Ordered mine on 23rd Dec, and have unconfirmed build week 10

Hoping it will be here by end March, but keeping fingers crossed.

2.0TDI 150PS SEL Exec Hatchback Manual Gearbox

Jungle Green

Black Alcantara

Modus Alloys

Rear Wiper

Heated Windscreen

LED Package Plus

Rear Parking Camera

When is BW2 not a BW2?

I had a confirmed BW2 for my car a couple of weeks back, but I now understand that it hasn't been built at all and they're hoping for this week (BW3).

Is this minor slippage common?

Probably best not to believe anything until it's left the factory.

My last Superb 2 was shown as having been built but then it did not show up as having left the factory. Enquiries were made only to find out that because of paint problems (Rosso Brunello) it hadn't actually been built and because it had been shown as being built it had come off the ordering system altogether!

In the end I had to take a car in stock without all the options I had specified.