Superb Order tracker

It depends on why you want it sealing, and type of sealant you're talking about. As I said above my S3 will be fully sealed and detailed (though not by the dealership), and that's a 3 year lease. The nano ceramic/fluorocarbon type coatings are fairly hard (like glass) and will protect the paint from stone chips and light marring and scratching (swirls). They won't look any different than bare paint usually, but they will help keep the car free from minor damage it would otherwise pick up throughout your ownership. Most unprotected cars are a complete mess of swirls and mars by the time they're a year or two old - most people just don't notice them. This significantly dulls the look of the car and makes it harder to clean (as well as easier to get dirty!).

The second type of coating is the anti-dirt types. For example Gteqhnic C2v3 liquid crystal, Sonax Polymer NetShield or Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer (which is actually a spray sealant despite the name), or Gyeon CanCoat. They do indeed seal the paintwork but offer no 'hardness' protection. They simply bond on a molecular level ('nano' technology) to the paint and provide a high gloss, UV protection to prevent paint dulling, extreme hydrophobia (repelling water and dirt) and helping keep the car clean. Often people will apply the second type of sealant over the first type, and some like me a further layer also (called a Last Step Product, designed to be sacrificial and maintain the life of the more expensive and harder to apply base coatings). Like this: Hard nano sealant > Overcoat sealant such as C2v3 > LSP (eg BSD)

It isn't as complicated or even expensive as it might sound on first glance. If you simply want to help the car look good, repel water and maintain itself then you could easily do it yourself for minimal outlay. Some of the products are extremely easy to apply and offer high levels of protection from environmental contaminants like water, bird poo, fallout, dirt etc (but not scratches). Something like C2v3 and/or BSD are just spray on / wipe off and provide a couple of months' protection without hassle. You can just put them on after your usual (hopefully two bucket) wash and reap the rewards for less than five minutes extra 'work'.

Check out the detailing section of the forum for some proper info. :)

Cheers for the superB detailed response Derv. Got me thinking. As my Oct3 which I am swapping for S3 in for on Wed was black pearl and I those annoying swirls since day one. Plus many many many chips and scratches all the way to white base. It felt like even a tap of nail would damage the paint an it did. Very soft one could say. 

J

Edited by czexpat

Cheers for the superB detailed response Derv. Got me thinking. As my Oct3 which I am swapping for S3 in for on Wed was black pearl and I those annoying swirls since day one. Plus many many many chips and scratches all the way to white base. It felt like even a tap of nail would damage the paint an it did. Very soft one could say. 

J

Yeah, letting the dealer's valet people 'prepare' a new car pretty much guarantees swirls and scratches etc. I learnt that lesson the hard way!

I don't understand this. How are many here (myself included) waiting for or going to wait for 6 months and somehow yours is built in 2 months and done.

Hi, just joined the forum and have been reading through the posts, hopefully I may be able to shed some light. Each dealer has a limited number of cars they can order each month, so depending how many orders they process affects the leadtime from dealer to dealer. So if a dealer also provides cars say for a broker then it is likely to have longer leadtimes as they would have already used up their build slots. I have ordered the 2.0 TDI 150 Manual Estate SEL, I first contacted a broker as the online discounts were very attractive but they quoted delivery times around June/July as the dealers they use had already filled up their order slots because of the discounts they were offering. My preference was to use my local dealer Allams of Epsom who we purchased my wifes Citigo through last year who we found to be very good and the communication was excellent as my wifes car was also a factory order. I placed the order on the 19th February and have a week 15 build date as they had April build slots available when I ordered the car in February for April. so hopefully looking at around 12 weeks from order to delivery. 

Hi, just joined the forum and have been reading through the posts, hopefully I may be able to shed some light. Each dealer has a limited number of cars they can order each month, so depending how many orders they process affects the leadtime from dealer to dealer. So if a dealer also provides cars say for a broker then it is likely to have longer leadtimes as they would have already used up their build slots. I have ordered the 2.0 TDI 150 Manual Estate SEL, I first contacted a broker as the online discounts were very attractive but they quoted delivery times around June/July as the dealers they use had already filled up their order slots because of the discounts they were offering. My preference was to use my local dealer Allams of Epsom who we purchased my wifes Citigo through last year who we found to be very good and the communication was excellent as my wifes car was also a factory order. I placed the order on the 19th February and have a week 15 build date as they had April build slots available when I ordered the car in February for April. so hopefully looking at around 12 weeks from order to delivery. 

Seems about right, but personally I would rather stick to the broker and save a few grand and get the car a few weeks later! Though in my case due to the car I ordered, it hasn't made the slightest bit of difference with lead times with broker or local dealer.

Edited by UncleWang
  • Like 1

Seems about right, but personally I would rather stick to the broker and save a few grand and get the car a few weeks later! Though in my case due to the car I ordered, it hasn't made the slightest bit of difference with lead times with broker or local dealer.

Basically then used the broker quote to negotiate with the main dealer, they got closer enough for me to agree the deal, worth a little extra as I know the comms from this dealer is very good and they confirmed what build slots they had avaialble.

Ordered the following the spec on the 19th Feb with a week 15 build date.

2.0 TDI 150 Manual Estate - SEL Trim level

Cappucino Beige

18" Pegasus Alloys

Black Leather

Park Assist

LED Light Package

Variable Boot Floor

Colour Maxi Dot Trip

Had weekly/bi weekly updates from the dealer so fingers crossed!

Edited by ade35

Basically then used the broker quote to negotiate with the main dealer, they got closer enough for me to agree the deal, worth a little extra as I know the comms from this dealer is very good and they confirmed what build slots they had avaialble.

Local dealers couldn't come anywhere near the discount offered via broker and so far they have more than efficient.

Well I'm slightly confused, after being told by Skoda customer services for 2 weeks that I was unconfirmed 16, week commencing 18th, they gave just told me that it's still week 16, but commencing 11th April...!

Ordered a SE Business Hatch 150 DSG Met Brown with winter pack and a few small options in the week between Christmas and New Year. Dealer initially put the order through with a required date of June as that was the lead time he was being told, however, he should have just put it in with short required date, that way the factory would allocate the next available slot.  It took about 3 weeks for me to work out what he had done, as the order just didn't have an unconfirmed build week allocated.  Voiced my concerns and I soon had an unconfirmed week 12 date.  this never changed, remained unconfirmed right up until I rang last Monday 21st (start of week 12), only to be told the car had been built, left the factory, arrived at Emden, been processed and was awaiting the crossing. Rang back today and been told, it is in Grimsby awaiting collection which was requested last Thursday.  With a tail wind, the car could even be at the dealers this week (although next week is more probable).

Time to get the journey planning started - one of the first will be to Delamere Forest  as I have promised my daughter I will take her to Go Ape as one of the first things we do in the new car :)  

Well I'm slightly confused, after being told by Skoda customer services for 2 weeks that I was unconfirmed 16, week commencing 18th, they gave just told me that it's still week 16, but commencing 11th April...!

Sounds as if someone is getting confused about build weeks. Because week 1 finished on New Year's Day, Skoda's week 1 started on the 4th January, which is 1 week behind what is shown on calendars. So this week is BW13. If you're on BW16, that'll be w/c 18th April.

My dealer is telling me that my car is set for BW18, which he's saying is the last week in April. But I'm expecting it to be built the 1st week in May.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Edited by grebble

Sounds as if someone is getting confused about build weeks. Because week 1 finished on New Year's Day, Skoda's week 1 started on the 4th January, which is 1 week behind what is shown on calendars. So this week is BW13. If you're on BW16, that'll be w/c 18th April.

My dealer is telling me that my car is set for BW18, which he's saying is the last week in April. But I'm expecting it to be built the 1st week in May.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

It was skoda customer services not dealer!

Ordered a SE Business Hatch 150 DSG Met Brown with winter pack and a few small options in the week between Christmas and New Year. Dealer initially put the order through with a required date of June as that was the lead time he was being told, however, he should have just put it in with short required date, that way the factory would allocate the next available slot.  It took about 3 weeks for me to work out what he had done, as the order just didn't have an unconfirmed build week allocated.  Voiced my concerns and I soon had an unconfirmed week 12 date.  this never changed, remained unconfirmed right up until I rang last Monday 21st (start of week 12), only to be told the car had been built, left the factory, arrived at Emden, been processed and was awaiting the crossing. Rang back today and been told, it is in Grimsby awaiting collection which was requested last Thursday.  With a tail wind, the car could even be at the dealers this week (although next week is more probable).

Time to get the journey planning started - one of the first will be to Delamere Forest  as I have promised my daughter I will take her to Go Ape as one of the first things we do in the new car :)

Good luck with going to the Go Ape SKHool!. Picking up mine in 23 hours and I can tell I will certainly go ape myself ;o)

Edited by czexpat
  • Like 1

Good luck with going to the Go Ape grebble!

That wasn't me, that was SKHool ☺ Enjoy your cars though guys, I've got a while to go yet before I get mine Edited by grebble

That wasn't me, that was SKHool ☺ Enjoy your cars though guys, I've got a while to go yet before I get mine

yup, corrected myself, apologies chaps... and while we at it good luck to you too grebble 

• Like 2

Just been to my dealer to sign the paperwork, and as I arrived they were unloading my new car from the transporter.

So I will be collecting it on Friday morning, having ordered on 29th January. Not a bad turnaround at all!!

• Like 2

iJust been to my dealer to sign the paperwork, and as I arrived they were unloading my new car from the transporter.

So I will be collecting it on Friday morning, having ordered on 29th January. Not a bad turnaround at all!!

Was your order built to your spec. or was it one the dealer had coming, I ordered on 28th Jan and so far I have heard nothing on the delivery other than I will be contacted 3 weeks before hand. Thanks

Just had some fantastic news from my broker. Apparently mine has been built and is in transit to the UK.

Should be looking at the end of April for delivery now which will make it approx 12 weeks from ordering, which is a huge improvement from my original quote of 20 weeks.

Maybe I've just been lucky but it does seem like things are moving quicker now in general reading many of the recent posts on here.

Broker placed order with Skoda 27th Jan. Actual build week was week 12 confirmed and now in transit to UK. Not sure if it's on the boat or waiting in the queue.

Superb Estate L&K 2.0 tdi 150

Quartz grey

Beige leather

Anthracite Pegasus

A few minor options

This ^^ when a dealer submits the order, they need to put a required by date. (This is due to a couple of reasons, customer having cash funds, company cars for when lease cars need to be returned to prevent stock sitting around etc, )

The dealer by default will put the required date in line with the estimated leads times given.

If a dealer submits the order with a short lead time, if there is space, them cars will be allocated the quicker build.  A lot of lease companies follow these guidelines of estimated lead times.

Merc and BMW are also like this too so its not uncommon for people to order after and get the cars sooner... all comes down to how the order is keyed.

If every dealer used the default due date, cars would arrive closer to first ordered first out, however customer circumstances are different hence the reason for this element of flexibly which is not standard process.

Prime example... ever wondered why new company car orders don't arrive early before a lease is due to expire.... reason is the said old car to be returned cant be to x date, and dealers don't want new cars sat around which don't get paid for until collected.

Just had some fantastic news from my broker. Apparently mine has been built and is in transit to the UK.

Should be looking at the end of April for delivery now which will make it approx 12 weeks from ordering, which is a huge improvement from my original quote of 20 weeks.

Maybe I've just been lucky but it does seem like things are moving quicker now in general reading many of the recent posts on here.

Broker placed order with Skoda 27th Jan. Actual build week was week 12 confirmed and now in transit to UK. Not sure if it's on the boat or waiting in the queue.

Superb Estate L&K 2.0 tdi 150

Quartz grey

Beige leather

Anthracite Pegasus

A few minor options

Is your broker NCD by any chance?....ordered mine with them just over 6 weeks ago......also, just noticed...a whole month to deliver it...wow!!

Edited by UncleWang
  • Like 1

Is your broker NCD by any chance?....ordered mine with them just over 6 weeks ago......also, just noticed...a whole month to deliver it...wow!!

Uncle Wang no my broker is JET finance.

I'm stating a month for delivery but that's just me assuming! Could be longer in reality as I don't know the exact status of the car just that its in transit to the UK. Is was built sometime last week so I guess that could mean it's only just left the factory on its way to the port or it could actually be on the ship.

It's all positive though as I had prepared myself up for a June delivery

Uncle Wang no my broker is JET finance.

I'm stating a month for delivery but that's just me assuming! Could be longer in reality as I don't know the exact status of the car just that its in transit to the UK. Is was built sometime last week so I guess that could mean it's only just left the factory on its way to the port or it could actually be on the ship.

It's all positive though as I had prepared myself up for a June delivery

Yes, its very good news for you, hope you enjoy your car when you get it.