Superb Order tracker

Any luck yet Cessem?

Alas no, though did just get update from the dealer saying it's in UK and waiting on transport company, with the expectation it could be with them by end of next week. I was sort of hoping that Id have it early next week, but on balance its been pretty much on track (13 weeks this week) - it's a bit frustrating knowing how quick you got yours from the same boat...but the dealer did warn me it may take time once here to get a transporter full enough to reach this corner of England! I'm still hoping for a surprise call end of this week!

Edited by cessem

Alas no, though did just get update from the dealer saying it's in UK and waiting on transport company, with the expectation it could be with them by end of next week. I was sort of hoping that Id have it early next week, but on balance its been pretty much on track (13 weeks this week) - it's a bit frustrating knowing how quick you got yours from the same boat...but the dealer did warn me it may take time once here to get a transporter full enough to reach this corner of England! I'm still hoping for a surprise call end of this week!

Fingers crossed, I can promise it is worth the wait, very pleased so far and I have driven Audi, BMW and Jaguar XF. I am very impressed.

My dealer worked on the basis of under promise and over deliver and from the sound of things you have a good dealer as well, not miss selling on build weeks!

Just been quoted 14 weeks for a 2.0TDI L&K (black magic, normal pegasus wheels, sun blinds, ventilated seats, heated nozzles, spare wheel). That places me mid-August all being well.

Sadly I won't get a build date - they said because they order through a corporate route they don't get them, but that the factory estimates usually turn out to be pretty accurate. Bit vague, but I can't do much except sit tight and wait...

Fingers crossed, I can promise it is worth the wait, very pleased so far and I have driven Audi, BMW and Jaguar XF. I am very impressed.

My dealer worked on the basis of under promise and over deliver and from the sound of things you have a good dealer as well, not miss selling on build weeks!

Thanks, trying to keep excitement under my hat and to be fair dealer's been pretty good as you say keeping my expectations in check. Can't wait to drive in more comfort and luxury... Ready to part with the insignia Sri now and to start wafting around!

Latest dealer update tells me that my car is currently still playing the shipping lottery in Emden.

Sadly I'm in same position. Car has been waiting for a space on a ship for 2 weeks.

I've a road tax, service and an MOT due on my old car which I'd prefer to avoid.

Edited by nthurrzzz

Just been quoted 14 weeks for a 2.0TDI L&K (black magic, normal pegasus wheels, sun blinds, ventilated seats, heated nozzles, spare wheel). That places me mid-August all being well.

Sadly I won't get a build date - they said because they order through a corporate route they don't get them, but that the factory estimates usually turn out to be pretty accurate. Bit vague, but I can't do much except sit tight and wait...

Yep, same for me also. The one drawback buying through a broker, NCD in my case, is you don't get a build week or any updates as to where your order is.

I guess though not knowing your car is stuck in a port somewhere is a bonus.

• Like 1

Sadly I'm in same position. Car has been waiting for a space on a ship for 2 weeks.

I've a road tax, service and an MOT due on my old car which I'd prefer to avoid.

Sucks, doesn't it? But I guess as philpix said, sometimes readily available information can be a bad thing as we know our cars are actually built and it's the logistics that's taking the time!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yep, same for me also. The one drawback buying through a broker, NCD in my case, is you don't get a build week or any updates as to where your order is.

I guess though not knowing your car is stuck in a port somewhere is a bonus.

I'll happily swap knowing what's going on for getting an L&K with a couple of options for £24k :)

I'll happily swap knowing what's going on for getting an L&K with a couple of options for £24k :)

£2k more through a dealer to find out where you car is? Don't think so.

£2k more through a dealer to find out where you car is? Don't think so.

I'm getting the L&K for the same monthly cost and deposit as I nearly paid for an SE L Exec through the dealer (I'd ordered but managed to get it cancelled and deposit refunded). Even taking into account options, I think my total options cost is pretty similar on both. And the APR is higher through the broker's finance, but it's still the same price (well ok, £5 more per month for the L&K).

No contest.

2.0TSI L&K  4x4  Combi .  I order on December 12, 2015. Estimate delivery is July / August 2016 (fingers crossed). Been told March end, then May end as delivery times and latest is July / August.  

Sucks, doesn't it? But I guess as philpix said, sometimes readily available information can be a bad thing as we know our cars are actually built and it's the logistics that's taking the time!

It's arrived at the UK port. Hopefully I can get my hands on it at the end of next week.

Oooh, hopefully mine has too then! The downside is that the sales guy at my dealer is away next week so I won't hear until the 21st when he gets back. Hopefully by then it'll be at the dealer and ready for handover!

I've been lurking around this forum for a couple of months now and finally signed up a month ago. I've been considering options to replace my 8 year old Avensis Tourer. Looking at reviews of large estates, I had shortlisted the Superb pretty quickly. I have tested a couple of Superb demonstrators, both diesels; one a 190 DSG and one a 150 manual. Both were the SE L Executive, the model I had been considering.

Naturally I also tried the new Avensis, but it felt small after the Skoda. I've even considered a 2nd hand E220 at around the same price bracket, as I am a private buyer, but have been put off by the prohibitive cost of maintenance.

After trying very hard to get a decent discount at two nearby dealerships, (and failing), I placed an order yesterday with Buyanewcar. I too have been quoted 14 weeks for a Superb Estate, 2.0 (150) L&K, in Brilliant Silver. Options added were integrated Towbar, Ventilated seats and spare wheel.

Looking forward to September now!

• Like 1

Just recently ordered an Estate SEL EXECUTIVE 220.with  quite a few goodies in Magnetic Brown and was told delivery date approximately 14-16 weeks... but then it's a motabilty car, and i'm not too bothered about the waiting times

Dealer called me yesterday to try to flog me a protection pack. Whilst on the phone I asked about my car. I was told it has arrived in the UK! Not long now!

Expecting mine at the dealers this week, have a 400m trip to do Thurs so hoping for a cheeky mid week pickup!

Dealer said transport co have 10 days to move the car once reaches port..mine was 8 at last check!

Ordered Feb 10, bw 15. On track for dealer Est of 14 wks.

• Like 1

Dealer called me yesterday to try to flog me a protection pack. Whilst on the phone I asked about my car. I was told it has arrived in the UK! Not long now!

Must have been on the same boat afterall.

Picking mine up Friday. Just over 11 weeks from order. A couple of weeks ahead of the dealer estimate.

• Like 1

Must have been on the same boat afterall.

Picking mine up Friday. Just over 11 weeks from order. A couple of weeks ahead of the dealer estimate.

Yep, the downside for me is that my sales guy at the dealer is off this week. He says he'll be in touch on Saturday. I'm hoping for a pickup early next week if possible!
  • Like 1

Ordered a Quart Grey 2.0TDI SEL Exec Saloon on Monday April 18th, Dealer has said it'll be ready by end of July, approx. 15 weeks. Although having looked through the most recent replies to this topic, I think that may not happen. Fingers crossed it will.

I have now been given my Build Week as Wk 24, which is W/C June 13th. The dealer say that should transpire to a collection of mid July, seem they are on track. Still keeping my fingers crossed.