Rob's Ur Quattro

RobClubley

Weird thing.
I emailed Audi UK with my chassis number to confirm paint code and apparently the factory in Germany says my car is Zermatt Silver Metallic.
This is puzzling because I've seen every layer of paint on my car and there's no silver in there. So it hasn't has a respray unless it was bare metal, which is highly unlikely.
I'm wondering if this is something to worry about!

Surely as there is no original metal left on your car this is a moot point :D Have you decided on a final colour for the paint/wheels combo yet Rob

Body will be Montego Black Metallic - which is the only black Audi offered in 1984 and there wasn't a black in 1985, so it must be the right shade.

Tempted to go Zermatt Silver on the new wheels, which is the colour of the original wheels.

By the way the wheels have been scanned at Gatwick on their way to me. Excite.

• Like 2

Pic of a black urq on 18s

They do look rather big.

post-2744-0-25301300-1456171054_thumb.jpg

I asked the guy for the spec of this car:

2.2l aan engine With modified 7a head, s2 uprights With kW v3 coilovers, radiator in the trunk, dry sumped, garret gtx3582r turbo, 01e gearbox currently putting in a quaife front diff in it, gearbox from an s6+ With oil cooling. Welded rear diff, urq rear axles, s2 front axles, porsche front calipers w 314mm discs front, audi a8 rear calipers With 269mm discs from 200tq avant rear. Could write alot more but thats the basics... Made 726whp on all wheels in the dyno. Plans for this season is to put the new gearbox in, bigger dry sump tank, new built engine, put in an e-brake and last year i ran a welded centerdiff, this year im going to test an oem torsen centerdiff so i can use handbrake in the togheter corners

:o

Bahaha

2016-02-23 05:53:06Processed at AUCKLAND - NEW ZEALAND
2016-02-23 05:53:55Departed Facility in AUCKLAND - NEW ZEALAND

Arrived at Delivery Facility in CHRISTCHURCH - NEW ZEALAND
2016-02-23 08:49:00Shipment held - Available upon receipt of payment
2016-02-23 08:57:00Shipment arrived at incorrect facility. Sent to correct destination

Fixed that for you.

It's the 'God of wheels' letting you know they should be painted white. Once you agree to this your bits will appear :)

I'm pretty much certain that one or the other of you is right; they should be silver or white, but it depends on whether the spoke pattern is road only, competition only, or one that was used for both.