serious work this time!

I'm just trying to get my head around all of it, I'm not doubting what you guy's are saying it just seems counter intuitive. It really is a testament to what these pd engines are capable of.

And yes sepulchrave it obviously does depends on how deep your pocket is with enough money and modifications you can make anything fast, I guess it comes down to bang for buck.

I think you may have just answered your own question. 500+ BHP is easily achievable with a decent 2.0 turbo petrol engine. It won't be cheap though, most Group B rally cars from the 80's were around 650 BHP as are Rallycross Supercars these days.

I think that car has a similar amount of mods as steve's doe,s pretty much all bolt on but the guy has since had new pistons, rod bolts ect. So yeah the cost soon jumps up when your in that territory.

This is the spec the car currently runs at I believe.

Engine specs:

-86.5 mm Je Pistons

-Standard conrods

-Cosworth Head Gasket

-ACL race allround bearings

-750 Denso injectors

-Nistune ECU

-Garrett GT3071 r

-Custom made manifold with equal length

-Full true 3'' exhaust system turbo back

-Departure / Blue flame back boxes

-Front mount intercooler

-Greddy type R blow off valve

-Tial MVS 38 mm waste gate with screamer pipe

-Apex'i air intake fiter

-Mocal Oil cooler

Looks quick to me.  The only way to know its not sped up is to have some "normal" music playing in the background, and a video with a counter on it. :)

Be a bit more to it than that, to consider a definitive video.

What I mean in less than half the time again :D:

Though I cant verify the video I can say a fabia running more than 300bhp is a VERY quick car on the road.

Most of these cars will be running higher torque figures than alot of "exotic" cars and will be from as low down as 1700rpm and hold it fairly steadily on a good map.

For example 450ftlbs (I would imagine this to be conservative) is the same as, or higher than, an AMG 63, R35 GTR and the McLaren MP4

Now Im not for one moment comparing the fabia to the above cars but it puts things in a slightly different perspective.

Edited by joelk2010

Mine made 460 lb ft at 3500 revs on the same run it did 315bhp. :)

I don't get the slam of torque low down - in fact I have no low down power whatsoever.  It's what you sacrifice when gunning for an expanded top end.  I'll probably end up with a 5500 rev limiter to make use of the cam etc.

• Like 1

People dont realise how much these cars change once things get "serious", we are not talking about a remap with a few bolt on's here lol

Cant wait to see the progress from Jason, Kev and the like. Its the route I probably would have taken if I hadnt sold up :'(

What people are also forgetting is the car runs a SMF, you roughly save around 6/7kg off the rotating mass of the engine when compared to a DMF meaning it revs a lot more freely.

An uprated cam is the next port of call for myself once I have fitted uprated injectors

• Like 1

Just don't go too light :D  I had a 9lb ally one from USA for a while.  Yes the car revved freely but it wasn't pleasant.  Now have a 16lb steel one which is still way lighter than a DMF but is manageable as a daily clutch. :)

You guys dont seriously believe that video do you?? 

I can say that my car with 2260, Injectors, Cam, Headwork etc wouldnt stand a chance if that video was real lol.. (My car has made between 287-347bhp/380-480lbft on various RR)

It'll out run an M135i and a mapped 335d but it hasnt got a hope against this fabia! 

I cant get my head at how fast it appears to pull through the gears bearing in mind its supposed to be the "long" box?

Unless its up on the MOT ramp...... :dull::D:D :D :D

Brake Rollers? :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well he's been online at 9 AM today with no post :o

• Like 1

Or he's been using Roundup as octane/cetane booster and its blown the bonnet off?

Oh **** you don't think he took my advice do you and popped a cap full of Roundup in his tea as I advised???? :o

• Like 2