VCDS options on Superb III

1 hour ago, fergard said:

I'm just worried that there are not enough Superbs 3.5 on the market for developers to actually find a way to code stuff. Like, they will likely switch to Golf 8 research than a Superb 3.5 that will be changed to Superb 4 in the next year or two.

There is hardly any need for a research, since except the assistance systems, everything else is basically the same as on preFL Superb 3 (post MY2017).

If you understand what you are doing and not just following the instructions it should not be a problem to code MK3.5 version.

Edited by mtl

1 hour ago, mtl said:

There is hardly any need for a research, since except the assistance systems, everything else is basically the same as on preFL Superb 3 (post MY2017).

If you understand what you are doing and not just following the instructions it should not be a problem to code MK3.5 version.

Yes, what I was saying that I'm worried anyone is actually doing that research for assistance systems on Superb 3.5

1 minute ago, ItHurtsWhenIP said:

Does anyone know if it is possible to code a Mk3 to use the white daytime running lights to flash when the car is locked/unlocked instead of the standard turn signal colour

Gizmo is probably the person to answer that one. As I have name checked him he should respond with your answer.:thumbup:

• Like 1

Info from this forum:

https://vcpsystem-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5159

*VW introduced a SFD (Schutz Fahrzeug Diagnose) in MQB2020 platform. To get access to adaptations / coding and even output checks, ECU has to be unlocked by special Token. Tokens can be currently obtained only by using offcial GeKo/partner company account. So, if you want to work with SFD -> go ahead and apply for access. There's currently NO OTHER WAY. Stay tuned for our news in that case.

3 hours ago, Enriquez said:

Info from this forum:

https://vcpsystem-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5159

*VW introduced a SFD (Schutz Fahrzeug Diagnose) in MQB2020 platform. To get access to adaptations / coding and even output checks, ECU has to be unlocked by special Token. Tokens can be currently obtained only by using offcial GeKo/partner company account. So, if you want to work with SFD -> go ahead and apply for access. There's currently NO OTHER WAY. Stay tuned for our news in that case.

I wonder if Superb 2020 (which I have) has this thing on already, or is it just a new camera that needs to be adjusted accordingly... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/06/2020 at 15:31, fergard said:

I've activated Lane Assist on the 2020 Superb with new camera!

20200620_140431.jpg

Does it bother you every 12s to hold the steering wheel, even though you are holding it and you have to do a slight movement of steering wheel? Thanks

2 hours ago, Jakec said:

Does it bother you every 12s to hold the steering wheel, even though you are holding it and you have to do a slight movement of steering wheel? Thanks

Yes, because it does not have capacitive steering wheel as FL Passat. And you have to have quite still hand. ;)

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, john999boy said:

Maybe your hands are a bit 'drier' during the summer months causing less steering wheel response? 

Unless you are SHMEE150 and on a hot lap in the passenger seat on the Nurburgring in a 700bhp 911 GT2 RS MR which has just done a 6 minute 55 second lap then more than sweaty hands are likely. At least he was quiet for a change.:tongueout:

Edited by shyVRS245
missing word.

9 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Unless you are SHMEE150 and on a hot lap in the passenger seat on the Nurburgring in a 700bhp 911 GT2 RS MR which has just done a 6 minute 55 second lap then more than sweaty hands are likely. At least he was quiet for a change.:tongueout:

I suppose the big difference is that Tim wasn't driving with the aid of adaptive cruise or lane assist.

Edited by john999boy

14 minutes ago, john999boy said:

Maybe your hands are a bit 'drier' during the summer months causing less steering wheel response? 

Sweat does not matter, just movement.

• Thanks 1

Just now, john999boy said:

I suppose the big difference is that Tim wasn't driving with the aid of adaptive cruise!

If you haven't watched he needs a moment when they pull off the track into the car park because his legs went a bit jelly like. 

17 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

If you haven't watched he needs a moment when they pull off the track into the car park because his legs went a bit jelly like. 

I have done my share of driving on the racetrack, but that driving was next level driving and I would suppose we would all need few moments to get it together... I am not really a fan of going 260km/h in the turns with trees being a few meters away. :) Even if the car has a rollcage.

Edited by mtl

43 minutes ago, mtl said:

Sweat does not matter, just movement.

I realise we're still OT but how long has the 'movement' aspect been part of the criteria of human interaction instead of just 'presence'?

5 minutes ago, john999boy said:

I realise we're still OT but how long has the 'movement' aspect been part of the criteria of human interaction instead of just 'presence'?

From the start. At the beginning there was no other (cheap) way to achive that the driver has hands on the steering wheel. Now some cars (VW Passat FL) have capacitive steering wheel and they do not detemine this via steering movement. Also some have dedicated camera that watches the driver (Cadillac Supercruise for example, tracking eyes of the driver when in full autonomous mode), etc.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jakec said:

I turned off 'Adaptive Lane Guidance' - and I'm no longer bothered with the prompts.
ALG wanted me to constantly do the micro-movements and bothered me a lot, that's why I turned it off for a better experience. 

36 minutes ago, fergard said:

I turned off 'Adaptive Lane Guidance' - and I'm no longer bothered with the prompts.
ALG wanted me to constantly do the micro-movements and bothered me a lot, that's why I turned it off for a better experience. 

I think that’s not the point of having this available 🤪 similar to acc in Slovenija, where the toll booths are gone for more than a year and the car still breaks for them (40kph) on motorway with 2020/CW25 maps 🤦🏻...

Edited by Jakec

9 hours ago, Jakec said:

I think that’s not the point of having this available 🤪 similar to acc in Slovenija, where the toll booths are gone for more than a year and the car still breaks for them (40kph) on motorway with 2020/CW25 maps 🤦🏻...

Update to 2020/2021 maps and tolls are gone.

7 hours ago, GCN7 said:

Fergard, are you also able to enable the Traffic sign recognition on a FL Superb?

No. I guess there is no solution for that ATM? Or is there one?

12 hours ago, Jakec said:

WDYM? Lane Assist is still available and working - I just like it's "Assistance" mode more comparing to the "Guidance" mode, which was very intrusive. 

Edited by fergard