Superb MKIII owners register

20 hours ago, Swede90 said:

New to the forum and as, my own car Skoda. 

Just bought a 2016 Superb SE-L Executive estate. Change from a Peugeot 508 RXH Hybrid. 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=00da0a65627968c1

I used to drive such a Peugeot myself and I found it Better quality than my superb and better noise insolated and it had better road control.

Can u compare the tei?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, DEANO24V said:

New to the forum guys,

Just picked up a 2016 SE-L combi

Looking forward to annoying you all with lots of stupid questions lol

IMG-20190907-WA0004.jpeg

I have a stupid question. Why did you call it a combi. It has a UK plate.. So it's an estate. 

6 minutes ago, DEANO24V said:

Fair point! I've always seen them referred to as such. New to Skoda ownership so thought that was the terminology in the same way BMW are tourings and Audi's are Avant's. To me it's an estate. 

Only kidding with you. I think it's only in the UK we use estate. If you think about it, it is an odd word to use. Elsewhere in Europe they refer to an estate as a Combi. Now.. If you cross the pond.. Correct me if I'm wrong.. It's a Station Wagon

On 01/09/2019 at 08:54, gigolea said:

I used to drive such a Peugeot myself and I found it Better quality than my superb and better noise insolated and it had better road control.

Can u compare the tei?

Early days for the Superb. Noise levels are comparable to the C5 Exclusive Tourer, V70 and the 508. The 508 is definitely more planted on the road due the the Battery and electric motor on the rear axle giving it 4WD. Audio system is a lot better than the 508 even as standard. It’s even clearer than our 9-5 Aero. 

Spec level is similar.

The 508 had: 

Cruise/Limiter, Sat Nav with Euro maps, Front and Rear sensors with parallel parking measure, Pan roof, Auto lights and wipers, Elec and heated front seats, SOS and Assist. 

Superb:

Front and Rear Sensors, Virtual Pedal, 3 zone climate, Heated front and Rear seats, only elec drivers seat (why?), Xenon with corner function (lights have clear whiskers, but no camera or extra bits), Kessy, Columbus, LED package plus.

Nearest car I’ve had spec wise and best to compare was the C5 Tourer (2008 model):

Front and Rear park assist with Parallel, Heated and Elec front seats with driver massage, Pan roof, Auto wipers, lights, and tailgate, cornering lights, Night function (similar to SAAB system), Auto levelling suspension, Rear blinds, Ambient lighting. All it was missing was Xenons with cornering, and Sat Nav. It only gave at best 38mpg (2.2 HDi with 19” alloys).

Cabin feels better fitted than the 508, not as many harsh plastics.

Best run in the 508 gave me a range of 672 miles on one tank of fuel. That’s with a 70litre fuel tank and approx 54mpg. Doing mostly motorway and a few days town driving. (Scunthorpe - Birmingham, Birmingham - Cardiff, Cardiff - Scunthorpe, round Scunthorpe for 3 days then Scunthorpe to Hadriens wall). The Hybrid battery is 5.5ah with a range of max 2 miles. 

Best so far on the Superb is 570miles mostly round town with a few shortish motorway trips. 

Off to Cardiff on Thursday to drop the niece at University, so I’ll see what it does then. Uses less than half tank I’ll be happy. 

1 hour ago, Swede90 said:

Best so far on the Superb is 570miles mostly round town with a few shortish motorway trips. 

I’ve had about 670 on mine (2016 Tdi 190), mixed driving, quite a lot of motorway. I tend not to run it too close to empty though :)  OneApp is showing high 40s average mpg since I bought  it (better on longer runs, of course, not so good when I took it for a short blast in Sports mode :)). 

1 hour ago, Swede90 said:

Off to Cardiff on Thursday to drop the niece at University, so I’ll see what it does then. Uses less than half tank I’ll be happy. 

Good luck :)

12 hours ago, PMA_Bob said:

Elsewhere in Europe they refer to an estate as a Combi. Now.. If you cross the pond.. Correct me if I'm wrong.. It's a Station Wagon

In Ireland it's an "Estate" as well, . I lived in Canada for awhile and you're right - "Station Wagon" or usually "Wagon" is the term.  That wouldn't be a good idea here in Ireland though -  a "wagon" is is a lady who, ummm,  would not be top of your "to do"list.

Apparently, "Combi" comes from the german ""Kombi" which is short for "Kombinationskraftwagen", meaning "combination vehicle".

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, athol said:

I've got a 2016 SE L Exec, 2.0 tdi, 280, 4x4, dsg, hatchback, petrol blue with black leather. 

Sounds lovely! I'm partial to an SEL 280 😉 

I take it you meant TSI rather than TDI?! 

16 minutes ago, boydeee said:

Sounds lovely! I'm partial to an SEL 280 😉 

I take it you meant TSI rather than TDI?! 

Yeah sorry TSI. Spell checker changed it 😢

• Haha 1

Ive Just bought a 2016 superb 1.6 SE business Combi in silver with full leather heated front seats Full size spare wheel The infotainment system I am still learning to use lol 

Very happy with it in every way MPG seems fantastic I will add photo soon 

• Like 1

Just purchased a 16 plate L&K 150 superb hatch. I did have a kia optima 4 which was fully loaded pretty much equivalent spec to the L&K, but I just couldn't get comfortable in it. I previously had a MkII greenline which the misses has now. Glad to be back in the superb though.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up my 67 plate 280 sportline estate last Saturday. I'm already looking forward to upping the power.

This is my 2nd skoda. The last one, a roomster was a nothing but trouble, despite the low mileage.

• Like 3